Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » FINALLY!!! It Revs Up! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: FINALLY!!! It Revs Up!
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I took the car down to the dyno to see if I had changed my reving problem at all with the last changes I have made and to have Shaun play with the tune a little.

I was very happy with my last trip to the dyno which sent me home making 453 RWHP, but thats not enough because there is a guy from the Corral that made 454 with a similar type of setup. He was the guy to beat. Seeing as his car has a clean bill of health and my was still missing above 5900 RPMs and only 1 RWHP short of his numbers, I knew I could beat his benchmark. I just had to find the problem and fix it, (a lot of you already know, but I have been chasing reving problems in this car for years!).

Well I still have to go post it up over there, but by the end of the session the car was puting down

466 RWHP and 427 RWTQ!!!

I can't wait to get this thing to the track and be able to rev and shift it where it needs to be. We laid my last graph over the new one and at 6300 RPMs on the new graph the car is making 460 rwph where as on the old one it was only making 414 rwph [dance] Hopefully that will net me some gains in the 1/4. [Wink]

I gotta say great job and big thanks to Shaun for puting up with this nightmare of a EFI setup. You da man. [worship]

[ August 01, 2006, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here is the graph [patriot]

-

--------------------
AED

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man those are some awesome numbers [patriot]
So what ended up curing the miss?

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by AJBlackGT:

Valvetrain instability/harmonics, among other things [Wink]

--------------------
AED

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:

Girdle? Shaft Rockers? [Big Grin]

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Glad to hear the good news Drew....sounds like you'll be all ready for this weekend [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOW, awesome numbers Drew...Time to update your sig...Sounds like you're just happy to get rid of the "bugs"/rev problem and the horsepower's a bonus...I would be too!...

Congrats!... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hope to see this Yellow Blur, race down the track this weekend. Make sure you bring some Ice. I know I am [Big Grin]

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can I say it?

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats Drew.

Absolutely phenomenal!

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. I'm sure that power on the top end will definitely net you some mph along with lower ets.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good job Drew and Shaun! Drew are you sticking with your DR quest still?

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
Good job Drew and Shaun! Drew are you sticking with your DR quest still?

Yep, so far the best is 11.2 with a 1.72 60ft. I have managed a best of 1.65 on these tires, so I'll need some more 60's like that..lol

--------------------
AED

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Can I say it?

You can, but I already hear ya [Wink]

--------------------
AED

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Great numbers! That torque curve is fucking flat [Eek!]

BTW, you need to change your sig [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Can I say it?

You can, but I already hear ya [Wink]
In that case, You kick ass!! (since you know the rest...)
[worship] [worship] [burnout]

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Always a pleasure working on such an awesome combo!
[patriot]

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Way to go Drew! 10's on DRs is just a few days away.

--------------------
01 GT 5spd

1.76 12.79@105.49

Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
466 RWHP and 427 RWTQ!!!

Holy Shit! [Eek!] [worship]

Congatulations Drew & Shaun! She should be solid in the 10's with DR's for sure!

[ August 02, 2006, 02:09 AM: Message edited by: STREETFIGHTER50 ]

:
1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Better get that cage in, if you haven't done so yet!
Wouldn't want "Wild Bill" hit'n your car... [Wink]
Nice numbers though, congrats!

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awsome numbers!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you got your problems fixed.
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
466 RWHP and 427 RWTQ!!!

Holy Shit! [Eek!] [worship]

Congatulations Drew & Shaun! She should be solid in the 10's with DR's for sure!

Yeah, I wouldn't be so quick to say its going to happen. I'm going to need to first best my 11.2 and then go from there. I mean really, I'm trying to knock off .3 of a second [Eek!] Its going to be a tough feat to accomplish, but I think I can pull it off in the long run. [burnout]

--------------------
AED

Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The torque curve isn't the only thing that is flat... that A/F is impressively flat. Very nice.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
Awsome numbers!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you got your problems fixed.

Going to make it down for Mustang Madness with the LX?

--------------------
AED

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ August 11, 2006, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com