Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Identity theft

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Identity theft
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone ever had this happen to them? I went to go withdraw some money and the fukkin machine kept my card. So after I beat the hell out of the machine I called the bank. And they told me that there was suspicious activity on my account (in Wyoming) so they held up my account (rather than let the individual milk my account) Well need less to say, Everything should be back to normal today, but it still pissed me off because it delayed my 5-lug swap. Weird I have never even been to Wyoming, and how did my info get out there. Anyway I recommend Citibank for corporate accounts, they be on shit. Nothing got charged, the just flagged it. [worship]
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup,

Someone stoled my wifes ssn and bought $2,000 worth of gateway computer shit. After a 8 month investigation it turned out to be someone that lived in Oakland working at the book store up at Cal State Hayward or Hayward State University or whatever the fuck they call it now. They were stealing ssn's, check numbers, account numbers, ccn's etc. Now they and some of their buddies are still in jail. I guess they were in it pretty deep and had hundreds of peoples numbers and purchased hundreds of thousands of dollars in shit. My wife was just one of many.

Wife gets free credit checks for life though.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats exactly why I fucked my credit up..... so its like steeling an empty wallet. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah it happened to me. Some people spent $1,400 in one day in London using my Wamu card last winter.

Got a phone call from Fraud dept. at Washington Mutual asking me about it. 3 days later I had my money back.

ls1_doc
¯
Member # 6083

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ls1_doc  Ford pictures for ls1_doc    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we had something like that happen ... we evidently spent 12000 all over europe in two days while we were sweating it up in redding. But they caught it and took care of us. But it still is crazy how often it happens.

--------------------
02 Ws6 -- Stock :)

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
happened to me too, totally fucked my credit up. im still trying to repair it [Frown]

the fucker is in prison now, but i along with about 50 others this guy fucked have his home adress. ill be making a visit in about 2 years [Mad]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit happen to my dad....And my dad is an Ex navy guy and very secure about everything. Has lived in cali for 30 years, his family is in chicago area.....u guys sayin 1,400-2000.....not to say urs isnt that bad (all theft sucks) but try $79,000+ between like 15 credit cards that werent his....
And get this (best part) when the guy finally got caught(in chicago) on Coke and Meth charges, my dad was sent a letter notifying him of his("my dads") arrest (at our house in ca) he was described in the report as a 6'1 175lbs african american.... MY DAD is 6'3 250Lbs Mexican/Italian. [Eek!] [Razz] bit of a difference lol

[ July 18, 2006, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: bottled02GT?? ]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
happened to me a few times,what the fuck?first time was my credit card's convinient check was used to pay a ballance on their macy's card somewhere out of state.that was settled but took ahwile.second was when we bought our second home when my realtor ran my credit i had a delincuent
on pg&e for six months.it turned out somebody used my ssn# to start service in richmond which is the same city where i used to live.they where paying for a whole straight year then just stoped.fucking people.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your credit once a year if your not a victim just to make sure all is well. If you are a victim, or suspect that you might be here are some #'s for you;
Equifax 800-525-6285
Experian 888-397-3742
Trans Union 800-680-7289
or Equifax.com and the same for the others.

Never put checks in your outside mailbox, post office only. Never have checks delivered to your home, pick them up at the bank. Keep a detailed log of all phone calls and to whom and date and times etc, if you have become a victim. It is one of the most devastating crimes around.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com