Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1966 Mustang on Craigslist What do you think?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 1966 Mustang on Craigslist What do you think?
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/car/176816476.html

So I'm on the hunt for another Mustang, I'm still going through some crazy Mustang withdrawls. Anyways this is a 66 Mustang coupe and it looks absolutely gorgeous.

What do you guys think of this one for the price. It doesn't seem to be to out of my reach. I was going to pull out a loan for 5k and get the car.

What banks give out good loans for that much? It's not a lot but it's something. I think the vehicle is a v8 as well. Looks good though. I really want mustang though. Anyways let me know with what you think.

james

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i thought you said you were moving to hawaii or something like that.

[ July 06, 2006, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think if you get that car for $5500, you stold it
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks clean but not enough info to tell. I would check the whole thing for rust and bondo. Some good places to check are; under the doors, cowl, floor pans, front and rear fender wells, etc.

Make sure it doesn't have a salvaged title. Also, make sure the whole front end has been re-built. If not then I would plan on going through it yourself.

What does he have done to the car?

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
i thought you said you were moving to hawaii or something like that.

Still considering it, I'm going to Hawaii next month. Thanks for the other info and I don't know what else he has done to the car yet. He hasn't responded back.

james

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you have to pull a loan out for 5k then this is not the car for you. Old cars should never be purchased on a loan imo opinion. You go through the same routine everyweek, I thought you said you were gonna stop posting here and move to hawaii.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com