Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » do not buy from mustangtuning.com

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: do not buy from mustangtuning.com
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my gf bought me a set black FR500 wheels for christmas. The fronts came in 18 x 9 and the rears were backordered. They told her the rear deep dish 18 x 10's would at our door early Jan.

Early Jan. turned to mid Feb. We get another email notice pushed back again to mid march. I called this morning to check on it they cancelled our order at our request (we never cancelled it I've been anxiously waiting). [Mad]

Supposedly our account was credited on Feb. 7th. Verified with our bank no credit was issued. Now I am stuck with two wheels that I have to pay to ship back to get a refund on.(if that refund will even happen) [Roll Eyes]

We have to dispute the charge for rear wheels as well now with our bank. Mustangtuning.com came out right said we oversold our stock knowing we didn't have it. We have people waiting months ahead of you. [BS flag]

anybody want to buy 2 18 x 9 black fr500 wheels?

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I waited 5 months for my wheels from them. They told me they would ship that week when I bought them knowing they were out of stock. When I followed up they advised they were out and they were waiting on the shipment from China. Then had the nerve to ask if i wanted Bullits instead. I waited on the wheels and they came. . . .Months later.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats BS, I would send them back and dispute the entire charge. Keep track of who you talk to and what they said.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you get a refund, an online company that used to help me out has these rims also. I noticed that most people that buy FR500's get them from mustang tuning, but they always seem to be out of stock.

Hit up www.crossroadzdirect.com they're the company that hooked me up with my FR500's when they first came out about 3 years ago... [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
If you get a refund, an online company that used to help me out has these rims also. I noticed that most people that buy FR500's get them from mustang tuning, but they always seem to be out of stock.

Hit up www.crossroadzdirect.com they're the company that hooked me up with my FR500's when they first came out about 3 years ago... [patriot]

Might be in the same boat as Mustangtuning and be out of stock.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
While it sucks about the refund issue..
its a pretty common thing for the black fr500's to be backordered. a LOT of guys on the mach1registry did a massive Group Purchase on them... and I believe a great chunk are black fr500's.

I'm glad I went with chromies... looks killer. I got them in less than a week.

dont blame the end company when the supplier is boning you.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
misled
¯
Member # 6592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for misled  Ford pictures for misled    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, what do you expect when everyone and their sister wants 'em? [Roll Eyes]

Be original for once...

--------------------
2004 Mach 1 Mustang
Stock for now...

Posts: 45 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by misled:

Be original for once...

u have a fukin mustang u be original fr500s are badass
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Be original for once...

I'll wait till u can buy them used just like the bulits [Razz]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

spegull03
¯
Member # 2842

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for spegull03  Ford pictures for spegull03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmm, ive ordered a couple things from them, and have always had good customer service. my deep dish bullitts arrived with one having a ding in the spoke, and they sent me a new rim within a couple business days, with a return label for the damaged one. pretty good service if you ask me.

[Whoo Whooooo!] for mustangtuning.com

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i ordered black fr500's from coolblueperformance.com and they were here in week
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
misled
¯
Member # 6592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for misled  Ford pictures for misled    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

Be original for once...

u have a fukin mustang u be original fr500s are badass
they were badass when I first saw them a year ago+. But now that I see them all the time on mustangs. What's the point?

Bullitt's, FR500's, and Cobra R's are the most used aftermarket rims for 'stangs. Why would I want to make my car look like every other run of the mill mustang, when it's not?

And some people don't even bother replacing the center caps. Now that's blasphemy.

Oh and since when did originality have anything to do with looks? I never said they looked bad.

Regardless, you're going to have to try harder than that to excite me.

[ March 03, 2006, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: misled ]

--------------------
2004 Mach 1 Mustang
Stock for now...

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Bullitt's, FR500's, and Cobra R's are the most used aftermarket rims for 'stangs. Why would I want to make my car look like every other run of the mill mustang, when it's not?

you have a stock mach 1, how is that "original" [Roll Eyes]

do a v6 swap on your car, that would make it "original"

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
While it sucks about the refund issue..
its a pretty common thing for the black fr500's to be backordered. a LOT of guys on the mach1registry did a massive Group Purchase on them... and I believe a great chunk are black fr500's.

I'm glad I went with chromies... looks killer. I got them in less than a week.

dont blame the end company when the supplier is boning you.

I do blame the company when they knowingly oversold their inventory. They have had our money for months. I am trying to locate a pair everybody is out of them I tried the above mentioned site to no luck [Frown]
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sucks steve hope you get your money or rims that sucks trying to make things right via email or over the phone it feels like your going to end up with the short end of the stick. good luck steve

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
misled
¯
Member # 6592

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

you have a stock mach 1, how is that "original" [Roll Eyes]

do a v6 swap on your car, that would make it "original"

wow, that stock comment really made sense. I'm sorry I don't have an expendable income right now to be throwing money into my own car. There's a reason it's stock. Not because I want to keep it that way, but because being a college student full time does not allow me to pay for anything other than the payments for the car itself.

All I've been fortunate enough to do is paint the hood/rear bumper. Which is a hell of a lot more unique than black FR500's...

--------------------
2004 Mach 1 Mustang
Stock for now...

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

[ March 04, 2006, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: slidewayz94 ]

Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
I do blame the company when they knowingly oversold their inventory. They have had our money for months. I am trying to locate a pair everybody is out of them I tried the above mentioned site to no luck [Frown]

To knowingly take money for goods you do not have in stock and have no idea of when you will be receiving said items is fraud. Plain and simple. You can NOT do this. A mistake is permissible, an oversight is permissible, but to sell items you do not have is NOT.

If they sold you goods they did not own or possess, that is called "curb-siding" and is illegal in most, if not all, states.

I would call the better business bureau (BBB) and attorney General in their state and file complaints. Get your money back ASAP! These companies run on a pyramid scheme type operation, lots up front with nothing in the back. Eventually, they disappear with your cash.

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com