Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Exhibition of Speed

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Exhibition of Speed
Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screamn03  Ford pictures for Screamn03  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
City of San Jose was so kind to give me one of these last night. I don't have time for the story but how bad is this?

--------------------
2003 Redfire Cobra
11.30 @ 129 on a 1.68 60'

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very bad [Frown] . did you get your car inpounded? thats usually two points on you licence.

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screamn03  Ford pictures for Screamn03  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Considering I'm still up for some reason....

No, didn't get inpounded.

I was leaving VooDoo Lounge (that placed sucked)and was cruising down Thrid street back towards 880 in the middle lane coming up on a green light intersection, the car in front of me decided to jam on the brakes to attempt a left turn from the middle lane which they couldn't make and ended up block the left and middle lane, I got on the brakes but then looked up at the two cars coming at me from behind so I gave it some gas and went around the car, 1st 2nd short shift maybe like 1/3 throttle no wheel spin, next thing I know I'm being lit up. Yes the exhaust is loud, headers and no cats but after getting home last night and then googleing it tonight it seems kind of harsh to me considering "Exhibition of Speed" seems to involve stuff dealing with speed contests and racing. The cop seemed like she had something to prove to me so I didn't argue with her. Also, on my ticket it says 60 in a 35, I know for a fact that I wasn't doing 60 and the 60 somes from "her best guess"...B/S. I thought Traffic School and be done with it but then looking into it I can't do traffic school for a two point violation, so now what? Lawyer? I'm not sharp when it comes to this legal stuff since I don't have experience with it (which is a good and bad thing I guess). She never told me why she pulled me over, just asked me if I knew why she pulled me over which I said yes assuming it was for loud exhaust which I would have gladly taken since it is loud. But then I get a Exhibition of Speed with her going on about how the "City of San Jose doesn't appriciate people like me coming into their town to show-boat and a 22year old kid like you with a sports car is going to have a hell of a time with insurance now, ect, ect, ect".....I was like WTF.

--------------------
2003 Redfire Cobra

ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ticketassasin.com

--------------------
86' LX Vert

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You hit it right on the head with "she". Female officers sometimes feel like they have something to prove to the rest of the world.... or they are just a pissed off dyke that wants to get back at you because you have the equipment they dont. [Big Grin] It sounds like a tough one but try ticketassasin for sure, it cant hurt. good luck! [burnout]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its pretty bad...

Years ago when I got one (1997) the judge said it is normally a 2 point $360 fine offense.

I got the penalty reduced since it was my first offense in my life. If you have a prior driving record, be ready to swallow the whole penalty. I am sure 9 years later the penalty is much stiffer than it was in 97

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
One thing I cannot understand is why some people insist on fuggin around on the street when the leave the nightclub late at night? You see it all the time...

Cops are just looking for an excuse to bust you. You know you have a fast car that is loud. You know you are already attracting attention. You should be driving more careful than my grandma's bingo friends at times like that.

I don't feel sorry for you one bit. I know I learned my lesson when I was 17, and I have a feeling when it's all said and done this is the last time you do this sort of thing. Your wallet is going to take a major hit.

--------------------
Stangless

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah loud cars attract all kinds of attention you don't want. Combine that with an asshole cop and you not asking for radar as proof and your wallet takes a beating for sure.

I learned from that the hard way. Good luck.

Copello
¯
Member # 1534

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for Copello  Ford pictures for Copello    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got one of those in san jose once, it is a mistermeaner and 2 points on your record, I neded up doing 30 days of community service and paid out like $700, I had judge danser which I think he is still there and he is a dick! if you go to court and see him your fucked. He specifically said "f I don't make an example out of you then all of your friends won't learn."

--------------------
91 GT
73 RS Camaro

Posts: 1309 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

Luck87GT, you're completely right in everything you said but I'm not looking for anyone to feel sorry for me or trying to start a "cops suck" thread, just looking for a little direction since I have to now deal with what I've gotten myself into.

I do accept responsiblitiy for owning what I own and operating it in the manner I did that attracted un-wanted attention, considering I've been rear-ended twice before (in a different car) I'd rather see my virgin Cobra stay that way and that's where my actions stemmed from, had nothing to do with showing off or racing as the cop implied to me.

Last and only ticket was over two years ago, 53 in a 40, took traffic school. Other than that I have a clean driving record.

So far, looks like I will be going to court, which sucks but looking at my options it seems as my only choice. 60 in a 35 with Exhibition of Speed seems way harsh when I read the law:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23109.htm

Anyone know a good lawyer to talk to?

Thanks for the replies,

JoHnNy SaVaGe
¯
Member # 6424

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoHnNy SaVaGe  Ford pictures for JoHnNy SaVaGe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just plead not guilty and keep going back they should want to make a deal w/you and drop it down so it won't be 2pnts. and a huge fine. It's time consuming to plead not guilty so if you have the time and patience. I got one for getting side ways in front of a cop, even so i got it down to unsafe lane change.

--------------------
SCARED MEN DON'T WIN

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by Screamn03:
Luck87GT, you're completely right in everything you said but I'm not looking for anyone to feel sorry for me or trying to start a "cops suck" thread, just looking for a little direction since I have to now deal with what I've gotten myself into.

I do accept responsiblitiy for owning what I own and operating it in the manner I did that attracted un-wanted attention, considering I've been rear-ended twice before (in a different car) I'd rather see my virgin Cobra stay that way and that's where my actions stemmed from, had nothing to do with showing off or racing as the cop implied to me.

Last and only ticket was over two years ago, 53 in a 40, took traffic school. Other than that I have a clean driving record.

So far, looks like I will be going to court, which sucks but looking at my options it seems as my only choice. 60 in a 35 with Exhibition of Speed seems way harsh when I read the law:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc23109.htm

Anyone know a good lawyer to talk to?

Thanks for the replies,

Point taken. Things don't look good for you considering you have the ticket 2 years ago.

Did you get speeding violation in addition to exhibition of speed? If so, thats even worse. I think getting a lawyer might be a wise idea.

When I got my exhibition of speed, I never went over 5mph.

Best of luck to you.

--------------------
Stangless

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
.... or they are just a pissed off dyke that wants to get back at you because you have the equipment they dont. [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [worship]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

Well, I'm unsure how to read it. I have a 23109c -cvc- Exhibition of Speed that shows where it say "Correctable Violations" with a check mark of "no" next to it.

Where it details the street and traffic conditions and location is says "Speed Approx. 60" "PF Max Speed 35". I assume since I don't have a seperate violation that states excessive speed then that doesn't mean I was cited for that?

Thanks for the help,

--------------------
2003 Redfire Cobra

PumaFiveOh
¯
Member # 2322

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for PumaFiveOh  Ford pictures for PumaFiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a lawyer bro, ASAP!! The misdemeanor will be on your record for life...so get a lawyer and fight it.

I got an exhibition of speed plus a speeding violation with it. That would have equaled around an $800+ dollar fine, community service and a misdemeanor on my record. (This was all for getting a little sideways around a turn)

Anyway I got a good lawyer and told them the ground was wet, rookie driver, first RWD car bla bla bla...anything I could. Anyway the lawyer I had was bomb, and he talked to the DA before the judge even got to my case...and he was able to plea bargain or whatever and get everything dropped to a regular speeding ticket with no option for traffic school.

I ended up paying about $400 for the lawyer and another $200-$300 for the ticket. But who gives a shit, I saved my ass from getting something permanent on my record and 2 points. Whatever you do....FIGHT IT!!!

The only time I wouldn't fight it, is if you were actually caught racing. Other then that don't go without a lawyer!!

--------------------
"Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!"

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
-Patton

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude. just invest some money get a good attorney and you won't get the two points. the money you'll pay for an attorney now will be the same you'd be paying for higher insurance premiums and not to mention the sake of not having anything on your record I'm sure it can be fought. I don't know how strict San Jose is, but San Francisco is pretty lenient when it comes down to plea bargaining. How's your record prior to this?
Good luck.

--------------------
=(

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by archersgt:
ticketassasin.com

[worship] u mite end up payin more for the lawyer,, just delay the hell out of the ticket, and get the farthest court date, and protest it

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Screamn03
¯
Member # 5774

Couldn't figure out why the link kept taking me to some search engine, it's:
http://www.ticketassassin.com/

--------------------
2003 Redfire Cobra

andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i highly recommend ticketassassin. i just got out of a ticket (radar) 49mph in a 25mph zone. I did the trial by written decleration. if you are still found guilty by the written decleration, you have 20 days to send in a notice saying you want to take it to court(2nd chance). then post pone the dates as long as you can and hope the cop doesn't show.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a ticket back in the day for exhibition of speed. I was doing donuts. It made my insurance go up big time. I went to driving school to take off one point seeing as you can only do one at a time. Oh well. Moral of my story is do donuts where there ain't cops.lol

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com