Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody have XMFM Radio?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody have XMFM Radio?
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was just wondering if anyone has or had xmfm satelite radio before and what there comments were on it. I'm thinking about purchasing it for myself because I need it for work. Because I have a 1gig Iriver mp3 player that I have now but it's about 2 years old and I need something a little more up to date. Plus I'm always listening to different types of music, mostly heavy metal but I listen to a lot of stuff, except Howard Stern which is why most people by the xm satelite radio is to listen to him but this is besides the point, I just checked out their website, so please let me know your thoughts and comments.

james

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
howard is on sirius, not XM.

www.sirius.com

I have sirius and I love it.

[ February 24, 2006, 07:32 AM: Message edited by: blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:

www.sirius.com

How is the radio selection and choices on it?

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

FORDNUT
CAFords OG
Member # 2348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FORDNUT  Ford pictures for FORDNUT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:

www.sirius.com

Same here.
Posts: 650 | From: Elk Grove,CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
04cobreezy
¯
Member # 6416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobreezy  Ford pictures for 04cobreezy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i've never listened to xm but i have sirius and i love it..

--------------------
-stop internet bangin!!!

-"you don't have to like me, but you better respect me!"

04 cobra convertible sold
89 notch
05 500 SEL
06 F150

Posts: 109 | From: El Dorado Hills | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my gf has an xm system in her eclipse and she says it sucks as far as reception, and range of music that they play. I have like 3 or 4 rock channels that I can listen to on Sirius... she has like 1 or 2.

Go sirius! [patriot]

Oh, and Yames... since you have an 03 mach, if your's doesnt have the "SAT" button on it, grab this... LINKY LINKY Its an aux input box for the stock mach 460 head unit. It's pretty cool, you get 2 aux inputs and simply go to them by pressing the "CD" button on the headunit once. To switch back and forth between the 2 aux inputs, you just press previous or next track on the head unit. [patriot]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got sirius [patriot]
they have a program where you can listen to it on your computer. so you get streaming audio.

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
XM has 2 Satellites
Sirius has 3 Satellites [patriot]

I have the Sirius SPORTSTER in the cobra.
Sirius has better sports selection too. [Cool]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Thanks you guys for the advice, I just wanted to see what everyone else had before I wasted money on something that wouldn't have been good for what I've spent on it you know? So next payday, it seems like I'll be getting Sirius, it seems like most of you like it and enjoy it compared to xm radio.
I listen to a lot of heavy metal and is my favorite thing to listen to, so hopefully I'll be finding a lot of that on sirius. I'm definitely going to get the one where you can use like a walkman as well so I can listen to it at my work. Thanks again for the ideas and suggestions guys. Anymore advice let me know.

[patriot]

--------------------
1994 Toyota Tercel

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can listen online to some of the stations with a free trial on their website.

the stations I like for hard rock are octane 20, and faction 28.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com