Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » getting legal

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: getting legal
mustang blues
Member # 6546

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for mustang blues  Ford pictures for mustang blues    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi,
I "inherited" a 1989 mustang 5.0. I need advice and info because I don't know much. It is apparently very cool, very powerful (with mass air flow, off road h pipes?)
In order to get a replacement title and register in order to sell, it needs to pass Calfornia smog.
whats a girl to do? any suggestions?
thanks!

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sell it to me for $5 I'll do the rest [Big Grin]

Just go to a local exhaust shop and have them weld 2 Cats in. Should pass then...

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can still sell the car w/o smog as long as the buyer agrees

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pay me $150 and come to my home where I will give you and install a stock H pipe with cats.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
post pics of you.... oh and the car you might get some free help. [Big Grin]
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
post pics of you.... oh and the car you might get some free help. [Big Grin]

LOL!!

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
kingmoochr
¯
Member # 5834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingmoochr  Ford pictures for kingmoochr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ February 20, 2006, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: kingmoochr ]

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Post pics of you and your newly aquired mustang.

Upon board approval, post your number and wait for the numerous calls that will pour in for you to enjoy. [Big Grin]

SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Post pics of you and your newly aquired mustang.

Upon board approval, post your number and wait for the numerous calls that will pour in for you to enjoy. [Big Grin]

congrats, ur quote has been chosen as chosen as quote of the week.. ttt for this lady [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it could have had the smog pump removed, as well as the h-pipe, non-carb'd headers.....list goes on. Best advice is to either post pics of the engine compartment or go see your neghborhood smog shop (pass or dont pay style). And see whats up and whats missing. Then come back here and buy the necessary stuff for real cheap from the for sale section. Or maybe someone will loan you the smog equipment.
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys prolly just scared her off..

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustang blues:
Hi,
I "inherited" a 1989 mustang 5.0. I need advice and info because I don't know much. It is apparently very cool, very powerful (with mass air flow, off road h pipes?)
In order to get a replacement title and register in order to sell, it needs to pass Calfornia smog.
whats a girl to do? any suggestions?
thanks!

Welcome to the site! That offer to put the stock converter's back in is probably Your best bet & He can make sure the rest of the smog stuff is there at least. Good luck and enjoy the car! [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com