Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Help Deciding on a Mustang...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Help Deciding on a Mustang...
Johnny Boy
¯
Member # 4954

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for Johnny Boy  Ford pictures for Johnny Boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hi everyone,
I am a complete noob to the world of Mustangs, and well I was recently shown something that I don't know what to think of. I need a car that has SOME kind of potential. Right now I drive a laughing stock 97 Saturn SL. Blegh. 100 horse. But I was offered a job where I would need to ride the nasty nimitz and I am very uncomfortable with the thought of driving this toy car on the freeway (getting it past 70 is a small miricle). I was offered to trade a 85 Mustang LX for it. Now it has about 33,000 miles on a engine rebuild. And it's got a choped top (about 4 1/2 inches off) and doesn't look too bad. Well actually it's downright nasty. I am just wondering am I better off sticking with the Saturn or go with the Mustang? The car has the 3.8L motor and is stock except for having lake pipes and the modified roof.
Help is needed. Oh and its automatic.
Thanks all
J

--------------------
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer!

Posts: 14 | From: San Leandro, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
got pics of the lx? i want to see this chopped top lx.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
85GT
¯
Member # 1695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85GT  Ford pictures for 85GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mustangs are stupid and ugly. they are fat. get a real car like a saturn sl. haha j/k

trade for the choptop car, then trade that for a gt and then you'll be set.

Johnny Boy
¯
Member # 4954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny Boy  Ford pictures for Johnny Boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this is NOT my car, and I hope the owner isn't going to kill me for using it. Here it is, I believe.  -

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahaha we were all making fun of this car not to long ago, i thought in the add it was a roller.
keep the saturn, it will be better on gas and save up for a nice mustang [patriot]

[ February 13, 2006, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

Johnny Boy
¯
Member # 4954

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnny Boy  Ford pictures for Johnny Boy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got any links of that 2-gun?

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Boy:
Got any links of that 2-gun?

give me a sec, there are 2 threads on it.let me see if i can find them
CPViolation
¯
Member # 6493

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CPViolation  Ford pictures for CPViolation    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Boy:
Hi everyone,
I am a complete noob to the world of Mustangs, and well I was recently shown something that I don't know what to think of. I need a car that has SOME kind of potential. Right now I drive a laughing stock 97 Saturn SL. Blegh. 100 horse. But I was offered a job where I would need to ride the nasty nimitz and I am very uncomfortable with the thought of driving this toy car on the freeway (getting it past 70 is a small miricle). I was offered to trade a 85 Mustang LX for it. Now it has about 33,000 miles on a engine rebuild. And it's got a choped top (about 4 1/2 inches off) and doesn't look too bad. Well actually it's downright nasty. I am just wondering am I better off sticking with the Saturn or go with the Mustang? The car has the 3.8L motor and is stock except for having lake pipes and the modified roof.
Help is needed. Oh and its automatic.
Thanks all
J

'03 '04 Cobra.
$25k> used, cheap to mod.
Very few cars twice the price will be able to touch you.

Posts: 41 | From: Santa Clara, California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah if I were you as well, I wouldn't waste my time on that car, it's been posted on craigslist.org for awhile now, it may have issues. Also what's your price range if you can spend at least 3k you can find yourself a decent cheap, reliable mustang and if your not to concerned on gas you can definitely get yourself into a v8. 87-93 gt's might be your best bet. Stay away from that 85 lx.

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

Johnny Boy
¯
Member # 4954

My price range is just a straight up trade for my Saturn SL. If anyone is interested, e-mail or PM me. I dont think its a bad car, just looks unique. I just saw the car on the 10th.

Thanks all
j

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what makes you think that mustang is safer at freeway speeds than your saturn?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
what makes you think that mustang is safer at freeway speeds than your saturn?

lol, he said it was a miracle getting to freeway speeds nothing was said about it being safer [Eek!]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont get that 85 its beat tha f@$# down use the sarturn and save some cash then go for an 87-93 LX they will be a lot faster then your saturn and way more fun [patriot]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stick to the saturn is more reliable(sp) better on gas 2.

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that mustang is fucking gay, i would take any car over that any day, its been on cragslist for a minute tell him to burn that shit. sell the saturn and get a 5.0 or just save up for one. you think everyone is laughing now, if you get that mustang it will be worse, and its probably no faster then that saturn you have anyways.
SFvert
Drama kids have no place here
Member # 3965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFvert  Ford pictures for SFvert        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
that mustang is fucking gay, i would take any car over that any day, its been on cragslist for a minute tell him to burn that shit. sell the saturn and get a 5.0 or just save up for one. you think everyone is laughing now, if you get that mustang it will be worse, and its probably no faster then that saturn you have anyways.

thanks for the laugh, post of the day [worship]

--------------------
R.I.P. 89 LX Sold the 90 Vert,
I bring the Amber Lamps!!!
[IMG]http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/5/53/Epicbeardmanwin.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 3706 | From: the city by the bay | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buying that car and driving it would greatly block any chance of you ever having sex again. I wouldnt wish that car on my worse enemy. Better yet I would buy it only to blow it up so humanity would never have to set eyes on that piece of shit again.
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When You make impulse buy's or trades on car's, or just settle for something less, You will be sorry. Be patient drive what Ya got till You can afford to make a decent move up. You will be so far in the hole after a year of dumping part's into that POS, that You could have got something decent with the money if You would have waited. [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com