Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Convinced wife to dump 90 GT for 06 GT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Convinced wife to dump 90 GT for 06 GT
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
She finally, but reluctantly, is willing to part with her beloved 90 and go for an 06. Anyone have info on how the 06 GT's run and if there are any problem? I don't want to get myself in trouble if there are problems with them after convincing her to make the switch. Thanks for any info.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Posts: 1361 | From: Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just do some tuning right away... Pretty big gains there, and better driving.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for John91coupe  Ford pictures for John91coupe  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I read somewhere that there is an electronically controlled delay in the throttle when you hit passing gear or floor it from a stop. I think I also read that you can get the computer reflashed to eliminate this "feature". Is this true and who does the reflash around the Bay area?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats true, we can do it.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in one of the new 5.0 mag, there is a throttle body that makes the blades open more and takes away the delay or something like that.
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont get rid of the 90 i love my 5.0's and would never get rid of them. my girl will never convince me to get rd of mine.
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by CDT:

Where are you located?

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
in one of the new 5.0 mag, there is a throttle body that makes the blades open more and takes away the delay or something like that.

Thanks, but I probably won't want to change any parts just yet.

quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:
dont get rid of the 90 i love my 5.0's and would never get rid of them. my girl will never convince me to get rd of mine.

I love them also but I want to reduce my workload these days so hers has to go.

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by John91coupe:
She finally, but reluctantly, is willing to part with her beloved 90 and go for an 06. Anyone have info on how the 06 GT's run and if there are any problem? I don't want to get myself in trouble if there are problems with them after convincing her to make the switch. Thanks for any info.

You will be happy. I got 9700 on mine and haven't been back to the dealer,and the reasons I would take it in,I believe are fixed in the 06's.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
quote:

You will be happy. I got 9700 on mine and haven't been back to the dealer,and the reasons I would take it in,I believe are fixed in the 06's.
What might those reasons be? I haven't heard about too many issues with the 05's yet. I'd be curious to hear what problems you or other 05 owners had.
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
quote:

What might those reasons be? I haven't heard about too many issues with the 05's yet. I'd be curious to hear what problems you or other 05 owners had.
Premature nozzle shutoff at the pumps(I just turn the pump upside down when it does happen),popping front suspension(went away on my car with the eibachs),noisey/notchy trans(I think this is nornmal for the 3650,some have syncro problems,I don't),dash rattle(this one pisses me off),Binding rear end(mine didn't have this problem),ticking from followers in valve train(mine doesn't have this either).They worked out the problems throughout the model year,so the earlier built cars will have more problems,than the latter. Someday I will take it in for the updated tank,and get the dash fixed,although I don't really want to have a service tech ripping through my dash,it is getting annoying. I noticed its more prominent in cold weather,and goes away when the heater gets rockin.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey John, can i drive it ? [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:

Where are you located?

quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:

Thanks, but I probably won't want to change any parts just yet.

quote:
Originally posted by 89point.:

I love them also but I want to reduce my workload these days so hers has to go.

we are in Hayward

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Anyone have info on how the 06 GT's run and if there are any problem? [/QB]
The biggest problem the 06 GT will have is the big loss in value it will suffer once you drive it off the dealer's lot. On top of that, in 4 years, it will loose over 60% of it's original value. [Eek!]

[ January 10, 2006, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: cobraracer46 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where do you get these statistics from?

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraracer46:
quote:
Anyone have info on how the 06 GT's run and if there are any problem?

The biggest problem the 06 GT will have is the big loss in value it will suffer once you drive it off the dealer's lot. On top of that, in 4 years, it will loose over 60% of it's original value. [Eek!] [/QB]
when i saw your name come up, I couldn't help but think what your post would be about, and I was right [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

funny,i just checked the blue book on my car,its at 27,000 after a year,thats more than sticker was. I actually made like 600 bucks lmao.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
quote:

The biggest problem the 06 GT will have is the big loss in value it will suffer once you drive it off the dealer's lot. On top of that, in 4 years, it will loose over 60% of it's original value. [Eek!]

when i saw your name come up, I couldn't help but think what your post would be about, and I was right [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [/QB]
LMAO +1 thinking the same thing!

John, I bought one for my wife and IMO it is by far the best Mustang to date. I have owned all to body styles and I love the 05-06 GTs. Fun to drive, smooth power, great handling, brakes, etc. My friend and I have run ours a few times at Thunderhill for Open Track days and you would be amazed at how dominate they are. We haven't had any issues with ours. I don't think she will be disappointed one bit!

-
 -

-
 -
 -

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

hard60
¯
Member # 6247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hard60  Ford pictures for hard60    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont ALL cars depreciate?? [Roll Eyes]

i love the 05/06 mustang gt's, especially how they got 300hp out of 3 valve motor using 87 octane [worship] now makes me wonder why the 96 cobra i own needs 91 octane and 305hp stock [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 94 | From: santa clara | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
John91coupe
CAFords OG
Member # 18

quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:
quote:

when i saw your name come up, I couldn't help but think what your post would be about, and I was right [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

LMAO +1 thinking the same thing!

John, I bought one for my wife and IMO it is by far the best Mustang to date. I have owned all to body styles and I love the 05-06 GTs. Fun to drive, smooth power, great handling, brakes, etc. My friend and I have run ours a few times at Thunderhill for Open Track days and you would be amazed at how dominate they are. We haven't had any issues with ours. I don't think she will be disappointed one bit!

-
 -

-
 -
 - [/QB]

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to order it tomorrow. Did you do any computer tweeking on it? Like removing that delay in throttle opening?

--------------------
D-2R ProCharged R302 331
1.410 60 ft.
5.784 @ 122.92 1/8
8.953 @ 155.08
MM&FF Feature June 2003

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com