Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Someone w/ a Comp. Orange Cobra on 101S on 12-24-05

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone w/ a Comp. Orange Cobra on 101S on 12-24-05
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does anyone on here have a Comp. Orange Cobra that was on 101S on 12-24-05?

All I have to say is it was fun....... You only passed me up cause I let off when I realised I broke my motor. That was great. We'll see each other again soon after I get another short block. Nice run though.

--------------------
-Single T62-2 Turbonetics Turbo-
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com
www.HELLIONPOWERSYSTEMS.com

03smknsvt
¯
Member # 5514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03smknsvt  Ford pictures for 03smknsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not me. but i know who he is

--------------------
03 silver cobra #3461 out of 8394
96 gt supercharged
03 mach 1
93 cobra
99 black bird
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of car is your Turbo on?
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't you just get that tuned? What happened?

I hope it was fun while it lasted [burnout] [burnout]

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Krz88lx
¯
Member # 4261

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz88lx  Ford pictures for Krz88lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N.L. Koncepts:
Does anyone on here have a Comp. Orange Cobra that was on 101S on 12-24-05?

All I have to say is it was fun....... You only passed me up cause I let off when I realised I broke my motor. That was great. We'll see each other again soon after I get another short block. Nice run though.

do you drive a Porshe? my boy in his orange cobra raced a turbo Porshe. Stock cobra, good race if that was you. [patriot]

--------------------
Krz4rd5

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wasn't the Porsche. My car is a 2002 Mineral Grey GT that I had turboed about 2 months ago. I did just get it tuned but, it was on the stock bottom end. I knew it was gonna break but, I was hoping for later than sooner, ya know. It was fun while it lasted. It will be even more fun when i get my built bottom end [Razz] . [burnout] I am going to get the details whithin this week hopefully on what happend exactly.

What did this comp orange cobra have? This guy looked heavy set in built and was rollin' with a car load. I wanna get together again after my car is put back together again.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much rwhp did you dyno at?
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think he was at like 392 and 427 to the ground... Or something close anyway.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Did you bounce it off the rev limiter or miss a shift or something? I'm suprised your bottom end let go so quickly.

I know those motors aren't the best for boosted applications, but they should be able to handle 400hp for longer than that.

Why do you think the motor blew?

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We think it's just a rod that broke.

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:
We think it's just a rod that broke.

Because of detonation?

N.L. - Since you were driving when it happened, what do you think went wrong?

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know for a fact that it wasn't detonation and the tune. I didn't miss a shift, too. I think the motor just wasn't made for the turbo boost. I abused the hell out of it before and after the turbo. Its really hard to say how it went sour. I don't even know what exactly broke yet. I am going to find out as soon as I get a chance to take the valve covers off and the heads.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

88gt
Custom
Member # 579

quote:
Originally posted by N.L. Koncepts:
I know for a fact that it wasn't detonation and the tune. I didn't miss a shift, too. I think the motor just wasn't made for the turbo boost. I abused the hell out of it before and after the turbo. Its really hard to say how it went sour. I don't even know what exactly broke yet. I am going to find out as soon as I get a chance to take the valve covers off and the heads.

Cool. Let us know what you find out.

I love pics of blown up engines too, so feel free to post em up when you get em [Big Grin] [patriot]

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Well as of right now, the sparkplugs are all fine, so once the towtruck shows up, we're gonna do a compression test, then we'll go from there.
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

yup, cylinder #6 is gone and I mean completely gone. Oh man, this sux. I need some type of magic to make some money appear.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

Krz88lx
¯
Member # 4261

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Krz88lx  Ford pictures for Krz88lx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just talked to my boy in the cobra that was him that raced you that day. good runs. its a stock cobra w/borla catback nothing more. he's down to race from a stop when you get your car back together. what r u putting to the ground? how much boost? good runs [patriot]

--------------------
Krz4rd5

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com