Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » my notch build so far (warning bbc inside) (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: my notch build so far (warning bbc inside)
1989lx5.0
¯
Member # 3699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1989lx5.0  Ford pictures for 1989lx5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can do that better where you are [Wink]

no gangs where i live, gangs dont like bears and snow [Razz]

--------------------
1979 pace car

1985 svo

www.californiafords.com the better calfords

Posts: 552 | From: near fresno | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry felt sorta obliged to comment.What a waste of an awesome build thread. WHo gives a shit if he is putting a hampster in his coupe. Arent we all fans of cars in general. All I have to say is I didnt see where the OP asked for advice so as far as that goes Id say keep your advice to yourself. As far as proving someone wrong unless he is selling something or harmfully misleading other members why not just keep it to yourself. Anyhow the swearing and i-gangstering is old but never the less entertaining. Thanks for passing this last 15 minutes on this crap ass day.

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good point r1 i just started this thread for other peoples enjoyment. not to argue about the process of building big ci bbf and bbc engines. 69-91 already plagued this thread with his b.s. so im just not gonna respond to anything he says. whether hes right or wrong. unlike him i have things to occupy my time that are positive not negative.

so build update: the rear end is gonna be put together soon. hopefully ill drop it off at scotts speed and custom in antioch this week. im just waiting for the axles spool and ring n pinion to get here from strange. if you guys dont know scott hes a really cool guy that knows his shit. they build anything from drag bugs to full out tube chassis cars. he narrowed my 8.8 for me. i had him take off 2.5" on each side. he straightened the tubes and completly welded the tubes at the mid section. they also installed early ford 9inch ends so i can eliminate c-clips and c-clip eliminators.they are a dealer for alston stuff. those ends use a big bearing so u can uitlize the actual size of the axle tube and go up to a 33 spline axle. the bearing is pressed on the axle and uses the brake caliper plate to hold the axle in the rearend.initially i was looking at a strange rear brake kit.but i dont wanna pay 600 for the kit. so i ordered some north race car brackets for a big ford end using sn-95 brakes. the cool thing tho is sn-95 brakes are a 2.50 offset and strange sells a kit thats also 2.50 offset so if i wanna upgrade later i can without getting new axles or the old ones re-cut and re-splined.ill post some pics when its done and back in the car. oh yea ill be running 4:30 gears

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That big ol motor in that lil ol car is gonna be nasty!!!!

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
wooden shoes

lollol
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 40thgt:
good point r1 i just started this thread for other peoples enjoyment. not to argue about the process of building big ci bbf and bbc engines. 69-91 already plagued this thread with his b.s. so im just not gonna respond to anything he says. whether hes right or wrong. unlike him i have things to occupy my time that are positive not negative.

so build update: the rear end is gonna be put together soon. hopefully ill drop it off at scotts speed and custom in antioch this week. im just waiting for the axles spool and ring n pinion to get here from strange. if you guys dont know scott hes a really cool guy that knows his shit. they build anything from drag bugs to full out tube chassis cars. he narrowed my 8.8 for me. i had him take off 2.5" on each side. he straightened the tubes and completly welded the tubes at the mid section. they also installed early ford 9inch ends so i can eliminate c-clips and c-clip eliminators.they are a dealer for alston stuff. those ends use a big bearing so u can uitlize the actual size of the axle tube and go up to a 33 spline axle. the bearing is pressed on the axle and uses the brake caliper plate to hold the axle in the rearend.initially i was looking at a strange rear brake kit.but i dont wanna pay 600 for the kit. so i ordered some north race car brackets for a big ford end using sn-95 brakes. the cool thing tho is sn-95 brakes are a 2.50 offset and strange sells a kit thats also 2.50 offset so if i wanna upgrade later i can without getting new axles or the old ones re-cut and re-splined.ill post some pics when its done and back in the car. oh yea ill be running 4:30 gears

umm what kinda tranny a 2 speed power glide? are u going to be using a trans brake?

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i have a built 1.76 powerglide with a transbrake. using a 8inch 4000 stall
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MHSG-E_x8Q&feature=related

why cant we all just get along and build REAL fast cars hahaha [dance] [dance] [dance]

vvvvVVVVTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC [Mad]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
yea i have a built 1.76 powerglide with a transbrake. using a 8inch 4000 stall

sweet so your gonna launch pretty good did u mini tub it? if so i wanna see some pics bro [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHUGGABREW:
damn rain i rather be duck hunting in williams right now [Frown] but know i have to be a beat down american and work gees [Mad]

2stangs69-91 hows redding do they still have that black bear resturant? [Confused]

Redding is doing good still the black bear. Plus they are putting alot of monaey into the drag strip which makes it nice.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1989lx5.0:
and 2stangs69-91 is correct you can go up to a 557 with a 460 block with little to no clearancing of the block

stop it!!! if you prove him wrong you are a no good piece of shit redneck bastard. lol

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
quote:
Originally posted by CHUGGABREW:
damn rain i rather be duck hunting in williams right now [Frown] but know i have to be a beat down american and work gees [Mad]

2stangs69-91 hows redding do they still have that black bear resturant? [Confused]

Redding is doing good still the black bear. Plus they are putting alot of monaey into the drag strip which makes it nice.
sweet kinda far from the bay but thats the area where i do alot of pheasent hunting pretty fun to hit the back roads and tear up some farmers roads in the 4x4 [worship] [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
No I am just bored because of the rain and my teams out of the playoffs lol. It is either this or facebook and that place makes me sick....lol

will why don't go in the shack in the backyard an start cooking meth b/c we all know that all the people that live up there do
why don't you go steal some cars, sit on the street corner and sling some crack? because we all know that's all you guys do over there.
maybe if i live by fresno i could an join a gang too
i started a pretty cool gang here in stockton its called the heman women haters [Big Grin]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

1989lx5.0
¯
Member # 3699

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1989lx5.0  Ford pictures for 1989lx5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
and 2stangs69-91 is correct you can go up to a 557 with a 460 block with little to no clearancing of the block

stop it!!! if you prove him wrong you are a no good piece of shit redneck bastard. lol
wouldnt be the first i was called a redneck on this board lol, i was just up there over the weekend, i lived in Redding/Anderson in the 80's and early 90's, actually moving back in the next few months, maybe we should get together and swap meth recipe's [Razz]

--------------------
1979 pace car

1985 svo

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

yea its mini tubed im only running 28X10.5 but they used to stick out of the wheel well and i didnt like the look very much. it was limiting my ride height and coilover adjustments. ill get some pics up. i did it myself. i just cut the old wheel wells out and the shock mount i removed all the brackets on the frame i had to section the frame in the rear because it tapers out. i believe i have 16inchs in the center 14 in the rear and 17 in the front of the well. but i am using the stock lca mounts on the rear so i can prolly fit a 31x12.50 without any issues. it took me about 4 days to do and about $50 in materials. the exspensive part is getting the rear end narrowed

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

quote:
quote:
quote:

wouldnt be the first i was called a redneck on this board lol, i was just up there over the weekend, i lived in Redding/Anderson in the 80's and early 90's, actually moving back in the next few months, maybe we should get together and swap meth recipe's [Razz]
hit me up when you get here. I just found a new low carb recipe.lol

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
yea its mini tubed im only running 28X10.5 but they used to stick out of the wheel well and i didnt like the look very much. it was limiting my ride height and coilover adjustments. ill get some pics up. i did it myself. i just cut the old wheel wells out and the shock mount i removed all the brackets on the frame i had to section the frame in the rear because it tapers out. i believe i have 16inchs in the center 14 in the rear and 17 in the front of the well. but i am using the stock lca mounts on the rear so i can prolly fit a 31x12.50 without any issues. it took me about 4 days to do and about $50 in materials. the exspensive part is getting the rear end narrowed

sweet sounds sick bro need more pics [worship]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK so maybe as a mediator I can ask all the duck hunting lovers to start a duck hunting thread and stay out of this guys build thread. some of us actually want to hear about his rig.Thanks. I also own a home in shingletown but I am not posting it here ..oh wait... lol

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

1989lx5.0
¯
Member # 3699

quote:
Originally posted by r1:
OK so maybe as a mediator I can ask all the duck hunting lovers to start a duck hunting thread and stay out of this guys build thread. some of us actually want to hear about his rig.Thanks. I also own a home in shingletown but I am not posting it here ..oh wait... lol

cool story!!

--------------------
1979 pace car

1985 svo

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chevy or a ford motor, man this is a nice project or should I say a bad ass project, Keep us updated

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com