Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Assault weapon ban (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Assault weapon ban
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
LMAO @ comparing GUNS to CARS..

WOW!

Actually the analogy is very close

Non-"Assault Weapons" are like your average car

"Assault Weapons" are like sports cars

The average car can break the law (speeding, unsafe driving ect), but was not designed for it. People own them because they are reliable and get the job done, but are not the funnest thing.

The sports car (Ferrari, Viper ect) were all designed for one thing - to break the law - but people own them because they are fun as hell to operate

However in the right, law abiding hands of a decent citizen there will be no law breaking.

The non "assault" weapon can kill people. It gets the job done, and is reliable, but are not the funnest to shoot at the range

The "assault" weapon was designed to do everything a non "assault" weapon does but faster. But people operate them because they are funner to shoot and offer better protection then there "non-assault" counter part.

However in the right, law abiding hands of a decent citizen there will be no law breaking.

By everyones logic that they "are not need and are only designed to do one thing - kill - there fore they should be banned"

The same argument can be made about sports cars "they are not needed as they are only designed to do one thing- speed/break the law - therefore they should be banned

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And yes,

Cars kill more people every year then all the gun related crime in the US. So yes, cars should be banned as they are a danger to society, especially those sports cars.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude you cannot compare cars and guns from the standpoint of their intended use. Yes the end result is some one can die from the result of the 2 items. But guns are made for killing, made for protection, made for neutralizing a suspected threat. Cars arent. When you see someone in a Prius in the supermarket parking lot, you don't find yourself fear stricken, the same as if that same person was in the parking lot with a M-16. If you left the door open to such metaphors you'll have everyone comparing everything so far out of context it wouldnt be funny. You'll have people comparing your average light bulb to banana slugs...lol.

Speaking of banana slugs, here is a little known fact:

Banana slugs have the largest penis-to-body length ratio of any animal on Earth.

I am coming in at a close second [worship]

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets do this...

Lets drive down in a 1987 Ford Mustang GT supercharged with turbo kits on each wheel.. And see what others got to say...

And then, lets walk down the same block with a AR15 with an extended clip, along with an AK-47 hanging from my belt and see what others got to say..

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Lets do this...

Lets drive down in a 1987 Ford Mustang GT supercharged with turbo kits on each wheel.. And see what others got to say...

And then, lets walk down the same block with a AR15 with an extended clip, along with an AK-47 hanging from my belt and see what others got to say..

[Roll Eyes]

That would be irresponsible of the gun owner to walk down the street.

The better analogy would be:

Lets take that turbo charged mustang spinning the tires, swerving into oncoming traffc, running red lights, jumping the curb.

Then take a person walking down the street street with an AK

Now you have the same end result - people running away from two irresponsible owners.

OR let do this analogy:

Lets drive down in a 1987 Ford Mustang GT supercharged with turbo kits on each wheel cruising down the street at the speed limit...

And then lets say what people say when they dont see my weapons because they are locked in a gun safe and dont ever come out unless I am going to the range or cleaning them ....

Now two responsible people, that no one will ever say a word about.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vert u r the man. U r holding it down on the 2nd amendment [Big Grin]
you guys keep forgetting one thing about guns.... You can hunt with them too. Yeah even the assault rifle in a big enough cal. Can be used to hunt. Guys have been hunting with AR's for years.... Check out the Remington R-15

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Lets do this...

[Roll Eyes]

thats just because of Soeity, go to somalia and people walk down the roads all the time with aks.
People listen to the media too much and get scared from what they hear.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
you guys keep forgetting one thing about guns.... You can hunt with them too. Yeah even the assault rifle in a big enough cal. Can be used to hunt. Guys have been hunting with AR's for years.... Check out the Remington R-15

AR's are a VERY good hunting rifle.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shoot people not dope [Razz]
Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:

AR's are a VERY good hunting rifle.
Trying to pick out what kind of cal. For the AR I'm working on right now.. Thinking of a .458 socom carbine with a socom stock. (have a x9 scope for it) It's tactical and practical.

--------------------

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Lets do this...

[Roll Eyes]

Lets take that turbo charged mustang spinning the tires, swerving into oncoming traffc, running red lights, jumping the curb.

Now you have the same end result - people running away from two irresponsible owners.

OR let do this analogy:

Lets drive down in a 1987 Ford Mustang GT supercharged with turbo kits on each wheel cruising down the street at the speed limit...

And then lets say what people say when they dont see my weapons because they are locked in a gun safe and dont ever come out unless I am going to the range or cleaning them ....

Mike

Ok GUNS & Cars are totally different.

You cannot compare them both LOLOLOL they both have totally different outlook/rules/laws.

-

Who the hell keeps an AK-47 or AR15 to protect themselves? As far as i know, if you need a Assault Rifle to protect yourself or your "family" from "criminals" then something is wrong there. Either you are involved in criminal activities that is welcoming criminals into your residence.

Past 23 years of my life, lived in almost every part of California, never ever seen someone "protect" themselves with a fireman.

As for hunting and other hobbies, thats cool and all, i can't really speak on that because i dont go out there and hunt deers and animals for fun.

Go Obama!! I guess when Clinton banned the firearms back in 1994 didnt really work too well.. Criminals are now killing Officers, Innocent civilians all over with these assault rifles..

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

^
the first to cops were shot with a handgun not a rifle.
he was a fellon with a firearm. He didn't go to a gun shop and buy them
you have to have insurance if you want to drive your car on a public road.
why would you buy a car if you can't drive it. 16yrs or older.
I have protected myself with a gun in my home.
don't have time to say any more someone finish this retarded ass argument.

--------------------

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
quote:
quote:
Lets do this...

[Roll Eyes]

OR let do this analogy:

Mike

You cannot compare them both LOLOLOL they both have totally different outlook/rules/laws.

-

Who the hell keeps an AK-47 or AR15 to protect themselves? As far as i know, if you need a Assault Rifle to protect yourself or your "family" from "criminals" then something is wrong there. Either you are involved in criminal activities that is welcoming criminals into your residence.

Past 23 years of my life, lived in almost every part of California, never ever seen someone "protect" themselves with a fireman.

As for hunting and other hobbies, thats cool and all, i can't really speak on that because i dont go out there and hunt deers and animals for fun.

Go Obama!! I guess when Clinton banned the firearms back in 1994 didnt really work too well.. Criminals are now killing Officers, Innocent civilians all over with these assault rifles..

I appreciate you proving my point! Gun bans dont work!!!!!

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am not 100% sure, but I think he was being sarcastic.

I know one thing, cars and guns are apples and oranges and cannot be compared.

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Even if he was sarcastic, its actually still the truth, if he didnt notice lol

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Its a very hard thing to state whether it will or will not work (a gun ban). Because there are those that already have them and there is the black market. I know in New Orleans it really made a difference. I had a friend heavy in the game and I remember him specifically being pissed because it was hard to get their hands on choppers since they could no longer be boosted from gun collectors, homes and such.
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Its a very hard thing to state whether it will or will not work (a gun ban). Because there are those that already have them and there is the black market. I know in New Orleans it really made a difference. I had a friend heavy in the game and I remember him specifically being pissed because it was hard to get their hands on choppers since they could no longer be boosted from gun collectors, homes and such.

However they still were able to get them

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Even if he was sarcastic, its actually still the truth, if he didnt notice lol

Mike

Oh snapppp lol No sarcasm there, it may of sounded like one but my main thesis was how posters are comparing guns to cars..

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Lets do this...

[Roll Eyes]

OR let do this analogy:

Mike

-

Yes, gun bans MAY NOT WORK but they will eliminate some of these off the streets and maybe those few that were eliminated off the streets can save a few lives.

--------------------

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Lets do this...

[Roll Eyes]

OR let do this analogy:

Mike

-

Yes, gun bans MAY NOT WORK but they will eliminate some of these off the streets and maybe those few that were eliminated off the streets can save a few lives.
How can they save lives if the bans do not work? You think there might just be possibly other ways to prevent gun crimes then punishing honest citizens? Just maybe if they actually enforced the laws they passed, and made stiffer penaltys for criminals thats use guns in the commission of crim, that the rate might just go down?

Do not believe everything you hear on CNN or FOX [Frown]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

However they still were able to get them
I can only speak for what I have seen but yes gun bans have worked on the street level. Plus knowing the guns are banned makes them less desirable because they carry stiffer punishments if caught with one. So to a degree it does work. It is by no means a blanket solution but it does work in smaller scales.
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Gun bans will not work. End of story. If you don't want guns, don't buy one. If you know people that own them, don't bash them for owning them. We are all intitled to our own thoughts.
I don't care about gay people, if doesn't hurt me if gay people want to be life partners. Why should I judge them? I voted to give them that right... It got shot down. The people spoke..... Why don't they hold a vote by the people if they want a ban on guns.... Bet you it wouldn't pass, even if groups like acorn tried to jack the votes just like in this last election [Razz]

--------------------

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

What happened in New Orleans after Katrina was one of the greatest violations of the Bill of Rights of the 21st century, right along with the Patriot Act. Imagine if your home was in the 5th ward, rampant looting going on all around you. Now imagine deputized Blackwater mercs, National Guard, or what was left of the local PD came to your door. "Well Mr. N8, Our records indicate you've got a Sig Sauer and a Glock pistol. We will be taking those right now". Now imagine how you would feel without any protection while you watch gangs of armed thugs go house to house down the street, eventually leading up to yours.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[/qb][/QUOTE]I can only speak for what I have seen but yes gun bans have worked on the street level. Plus knowing the guns are banned makes them less desirable because they carry stiffer punishments if caught with one. So to a degree it does work. It is by no means a blanket solution but it does work in smaller scales. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Gun bans do not work. Look at Great Britain. Take guns out of the equation, people resort to swords, knifes, shanks, clubs, bats, etc. Go to liveleak.com and watch the countless British CCTV vids of people getting shanked on the street for their wallet. Personally, I'd rather take a bullet than be attacked with someone with a knife. Knowing the guns are banned makes them extremely desireable! Are you familliar with C&R guns, guns that are so old they don't have to be registered. If a criminal knew "this old man" had some C&R M1A's in his house, that could easily penetrate body armor (1940's technology), and these guns aren't registered, well who do you think is going to be the first target? But what kind of ban are you talking about? Assault weapons that you called "high powered"? Please. An AR-15 in 5.56mm is hardly high powered. Maybe an AR-15 in .308 or 6.5, but those are rare these days. Try looking up the ballistics of a 5.56mm 55gr. round compared to say a .308, 7mm win mag, or .338 Lapua, all of which you can go buy in a bolt action form that can have up to a 5 rd. magazine. You mentioned "spray and pray". A California legal AR-15 is hardly going to spray and will fire at about the same rate as your Sig or Glock. If you are thinking about a full auto AR-15 which is illegal anyway in the state of California, only a small amount of people will own those. Those that had them before 1984 or 1986 (Machine Gun Ban) or criminals. If you were talking about a total gun ban, well good luck. Do some research. If the Feds went door to door and siezed guns, well pile that ontop of the recession, heavy taxes, multinational corporations getting our tax money, and a president who is slowly turning this country into a Socialist mess, a total gun ban with seizure would probably result in a civil war. Civil War now? It happened once, it can happen again. It's happened to just about every major civilization in the history of the world. In Montana, House Bill 246 states that Montana state law overrides Federal law pertaining to guns/weapons. If you live in Montana, have an AR-15 that was built in Montana, a supressor that was built in Montana, a 100rd drum that was build in Montana, loaded with ammo that was manufactured in Montana, well the Fed's wont get it. Texas Governor Rick Perry said that Texas could secede from the Union if they wanted, there aren't any laws against it. That is if they feel they are not being represented by the Federal Government. This was wednsday and a Tea Party. I suggest you go to Calguns.net and educate yourself, like every gun owner should.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

^+1 [Big Grin] did you hear that dumb bitch jeneanne garafalo. She said everyone at the tea party's were just mad that a "black" man was in the white house. R u kidding me? There were black people at the tea party's. So they are mad a black guy is in their. [Frown] it's sad people have to stoop that low and say if you don't agree with the great one.... You are wrong... God forbid they think about all the crap they said and still are saying about bush.. It's old news let it go. Live up to your own mistakes dems and tell Americans what u wanna do with this country.

I'm probably under watch as we speak... Don't believe me check out all the people the Obama staff are keeping tabs on.. It makes what Nixon did look like it was no big deal. Remember what he did? Compare the two and see what you think.

--------------------

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com