Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Assault Weapons and YOUR new president (Page 5)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Assault Weapons and YOUR new president
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
hahahaha...cummins you a fool. I gotta meet you one day and really see if that is you in that picture.

FR.
Man lighten up. There are much bigger issues to worry about than this. Thousands of people are out of jobs, people are homeless, lives being turned upside down and we are days away from a depression. And you are worried about a damn assault rifle? Which you don't even own right now. And most states already outlaw anyway? Like I said "unable to see the forest, because of the trees".

N8, im tired of hereing you say that comment, especialy since you should practice what you preach.
its plain as day up there at my last comment, you always complain i dont post facts.
i come up with facts and boom you dont want to talk about the general topic any more.
i guess it just goes to show you your self might have some doubt about good ol barack carter.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read my post(s)....I do say I understand those that own or have a desire to own that gun. Or are enthusiasts/sellers. But "if you could see the entire forest" you would understand the impact of what he is doing globally (as in US). Most states already, ban those weapons anyway. You just want to have something to complain about. "." Nothing else. There are way bigger fish to fry and you are worried about a attempt to "not ban" at this point but "make it harder" to obtain the gun in question. I have nothing against your passion for a hobby your not involved in and a gun you don't own. But it is just misplaced to me.

I bet you absolutely loathe Reagan and Bill Clinton for the Brady Law then. Oh and to clarify, I am pretty sure Barrack will do something to piss me off at sometime. Like I said earlier, "politicians are always a lesser of 2 evils". But long as the big picture doesn't get all fuzzy, hopefully I can live with those things what ever they may be.

Oh and FR, thanks for the facts. I always appreciate the chance to learn something. But I dont think we are arguing here. You are trying to force one from me.

[ January 29, 2009, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of the said guns are not banned in most states, the so called "evil guns" and hi cap mags are only baned in about 10% of states. Fully auto weapons have been banned since 86. The guns used in the L.A. robberies must have had illegal sear packs in them if they were bought legit. Since the ban on automatic weapons there has no been a crime commited with one that was bought legally.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
....Since the ban on automatic weapons there has no been a crime commited with one that was bought legally.

So in essence banning works.

This is a age old debate, and it wont be solved in this presidential stay. What FR is saying has been said since 89. And just about all states have some sort of ban or state level law concerning guns, that range from features you can have on a gun (flash hiders, folding stocks, and threaded barrels for attaching silencers), to the guns themselves (foreigns included) and bans on things like street sweepers. So what you speak of has been existence for years (thru both Republican and Democrat stays) and will remain to be around. Like I said YOU just gotta complain. Barrack is just imposing a blanket solution. And it more than likely will be a 10 year period like the ban of 1994.

So Barrack, Bush (both of them), Clinton, Reagan. Have been taking your rights for years. but your just complaining now [BS flag]

[ January 29, 2009, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
....Since the ban on automatic weapons there has no been a crime commited with one that was bought legally.

So in essence banning works.

This is a age old debate, and it wont be solved in this presidential stay. What FR is saying has been said since 89. And just about all states have some sort of ban or state level law concerning guns, that range from features you can have on a gun (flash hiders, folding stocks, and threaded barrels for attaching silencers), to the guns themselves (foreigns included) and bans on things like street sweepers. So what you speak of has been existence for years (thru both Republican and Democrat stays) and will remain to be around. Like I said YOU just gotta complain. Barrack is just imposing a blanket solution. And it more than likely will be a 10 year period like the ban of 1994.

So Barrack, Bush (both of them), Clinton, Reagan. Have been taking your rights for years. but your just complaining now [BS flag]

here you go read again

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new
law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own
government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million
dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies
are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300
percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed
robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12
months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the
ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety
has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in
successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience
and the other historicall facts above prove it.

now with that said, id also like to say that with unnecessary laws passed there will be more on the same lines!

N8 you dont understand, because if you did the fact that i dont own an Assault Weapon wouldnt be your ambush!
im not trying to argue with you i just notice that you only look at things from one side!
im not just complaining now because of something thats been existing since 89. im complaing now because its bigger than just that old law, its amo, its gun tax, its bans, its hunting rifles, and its my right to bear arms.
but instead dumb fucks like obama make it ok for theives to rob your ass and its all good right?
a good friend of my family cought a low life inside of his home after he had gone to sleep, woke up shot him and the d.a. wanted to throw him in jail and the punk that got shot sued him for $5000 all because of punk ass democrats.
so no i dont just want to complain about something!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In a sense i would say banning works, however you can still buy automatic weapons, they just arent cheap. Automatic weapons cannot be manufactured for regular citizen use in the united states. So a M16 is going for 16k, a mp5 is 14k, thompsons are around 35-100k. Very expensive, you can drill a ar reciever and switch out parts kits for 50 bucks and make one your self, but its a screeing process.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

N8
¯
Member # 6048

wait are you comparing the US to Australia? That is wrong on so many levels I do not even want to discuss it.

Like 70mach pointed out. Basically it works. And like I pointed out. Barack is setting no precedent with this. It has been and is being done on so many levels and by so many presidents. It is not even worth complaining about. Or if you do, dont single out Barack.

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
wait are you comparing the US to Australia? That is wrong on so many levels I do not even want to discuss it.

Like 70mach pointed out. Basically it works. And like I pointed out. Barack is setting no precedent with this. It has been and is being done on so many levels and by so many presidents. It is not even worth complaining about. Or if you do, dont single out Barack.

seems to me that hes the only prez that has proposed a blanket ban for Assault Weapons wich covers hunting rifles. are you kidding about comparing the US to Australia, i sure hope so! the u.s. has been fallowing Australian government for centurys, where do you think obama came up with the laws hes pushing for common ban guns, health care its all ther bud look it up, or better yet ill post it when i get off work!
no precedent huh, i thought you said he was a politician? you must not be from this country, or have been under a rock for the last hundred years! im sorry for starting a fight with you N8, but its apperent that you have a lot of growing and learning to do, befor you speak on a topic of this caliber............! [patriot]

[ January 30, 2009, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

fr you are so funny man. You wikipedia facts but didn't pay attention in history class while in school. So your view is too emotionally invested. Reagan began things when he was shot way back when. Clinton came is and finished (which was a blanket law) with the law asking for a waiting period and bgrd check a.k.a the Brady Bill. Then right on the heels of that was the AWB. Signed by good 'ol Bill C. Also your beloved Republicans voted the ban in by a landslide as well. So there you go right there. Nothing unprecedented. And what do you know. This was all before Australia...lol.
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im pritty sure u dont need a assault riffle to defend yourself.. and 12 gauge im sure would work just fine.... so time to think of a different angle as to why you need a assault riffle...

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
im pritty sure u dont need a assault riffle to defend yourself.. and 12 gauge im sure would work just fine.... so time to think of a different angle as to why you need a assault riffle...

im pritty sure that if you read the bill you would know that hunting rifles fall in to the category.
so im pritty sure that its not time to think of a different angle as to why i need a hunting riffle.
im pritty sure that you should know a little befor you post a little!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
fr you are so funny man. You wikipedia facts but didn't pay attention in history class while in school. So your view is too emotionally invested. Reagan began things when he was shot way back when. Clinton came is and finished (which was a blanket law) with the law asking for a waiting period and bgrd check a.k.a the Brady Bill. Then right on the heels of that was the AWB. Signed by good 'ol Bill C. Also your beloved Republicans voted the ban in by a landslide as well. So there you go right there. Nothing unprecedented. And what do you know. This was all before Australia...lol.

thats funny cuz i think you just changed a few words and your whole comment is a wikipedia Article..... [Confused]
on another note, your talk about others that had similar bills that are not the same bill as obama is proposing, is not relevant to this thread. also obama is the only person to ever propose this bill ever and this will be his second time trying, lets hope it goes the same as prop 8.
lastly these kind of things build up over time, so noooooo youre very wrong. like i said befor u.s. has always followed Australia a smart man would have known that tho.
Australia built up to the position there in now, and thats why people are so worried about this bill passing!
regression only comes in our money N8 not in our laws, once youre screwd theres no second chances bud. how will you deal with it when u.s. outlaws guns, how will you save your family in a potentially fatle situation?????? first they take away the little stuff, but i dont expect you to care about that all you care about is the reality of obama. in N8's eyes he can do no wrong!!!!!!!!! hey N8, take a night class maybe you wont have to copy and past any more, heck you probably wont have anything to post about because you will agree with me when youre ejected. [Wink]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

thats funny cuz i think you just changed a few words and your whole comment is a wikipedia Article..... [Confused]
on another note, your talk about others that had similar bills that are not the same bill as obama is proposing, is not relevant to this thread. also obama is the only person to ever propose this bill ever and this will be his second time trying, lets hope it goes the same as prop 8.
lastly these kind of things build up over time, so noooooo youre very wrong. like i said befor u.s. has always followed Australia a smart man would have known that tho.
Australia built up to the position there in now, and thats why people are so worried about this bill passing!
regression only comes in our money N8 not in our laws, once youre screwd theres no second chances bud. how will you deal with it when u.s. outlaws guns, how will you save your family in a potentially fatle situation?????? first they take away the little stuff, but i dont expect you to care about that all you care about is the reality of obama. in N8's eyes he can do no wrong!!!!!!!!! hey N8, take a night class maybe you wont have to copy and past any more, heck you probably wont have anything to post about because you will agree with me when youre ejected. [Wink]

First of all Obama doesnt have sole control to just take shit away, this isnt a dictatorship moron, it has to be voted on so to try and blame only 1 person ( obama in this case ) is just stupid. The other thing is the law would get rid of ASSAULT RIFFLES that is different then just getting rid of all guns.... It is a restriction not a complete ban on guns.

[ January 30, 2009, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: liftedF150 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Now that i had a chance to just read a little bit into the more im for it. I think its funny as hell that you think they are trying to take away your right to a fire arm........... the legislation is ment to close the loophole so that any fucking joe or somebody with a Federal Firearms license can sell guns at a gun show and not be controled.

The law made it legal for Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders to sell at gun shows.

The law expanded the opportunities for private citizens to buy and sell firearms at gun shows by raising the threshold of what constituted being "engaged in the business" of selling firearms for purposes of defining who must obtain a federal gun dealer's license.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/gunloop.htm

It doesnt say anywere that they are taking away your rights to buy firearms............

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

First of all Obama doesnt have sole control to just take shit away, this isnt a dictatorship moron, it has to be voted on so to try and blame only 1 person ( obama in this case ) is just stupid. The other thing is the law would get rid of ASSAULT RIFFLES that is different then just getting rid of all guns.... It is a restriction not a complete ban on guns.
and hunting rifles dousche bag!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Now that i had a chance to just read a little bit into the more im for it. I think its funny as hell that you think they are trying to take away your right to a fire arm........... the legislation is ment to close the loophole so that any fucking joe or somebody with a Federal Firearms license can sell guns at a gun show and not be controled.

The law made it legal for Federal Firearms License (FFL) holders to sell at gun shows.

The law expanded the opportunities for private citizens to buy and sell firearms at gun shows by raising the threshold of what constituted being "engaged in the business" of selling firearms for purposes of defining who must obtain a federal gun dealer's license.

It doesnt say anywere that they are taking away your rights to buy firearms............

what who said the law was taking gun rights away read looser read

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Im not even going to bother arguing with you because you dont know what your talking about, why dont you try researching the topic a little and you will see that it has NOTHING TO DO WITH TAKING YOUR RIGHTS AWAY FROM OWNING A GUN!!!!!! The first act is to close a loop hole that allows anybody to sell a gun at a gun show, the other act allows police to get gun data that is taken when a gun is registered to somebody and use that to help solve cases............................................................................. That is what the Tiahrt Amendment act is stupid has nothing to do with taking your silly guns away.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:
quote:

This whole post youve been crying like a baby about how the goverment is going to take everything from you blah blah blah get a tissue

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

FR you are about as sharp as a spoon my man. Me copy a wiki? That is funny. I just pay attention and retain knowledge. I do however check my facts. Like I said this is nothing but drama queen shit. You just want to complain. But go ahead with your erratic conspiracy theory. I sincerely hope you dont discuss this in public with those views. You will look a huge ass. I am just looking out for you and trying to pour a lil knowledge in your dome. Plus I have no mustangs now so all I am good for on this board is topics like this and computer troubleshooting advice...lol
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
FR you are about as sharp as a spoon my man. Me copy a wiki? That is funny. I just pay attention and retain knowledge. I do however check my facts. Like I said this is nothing but drama queen shit. You just want to complain. But go ahead with your erratic conspiracy theory. I sincerely hope you dont discuss this in public with those views. You will look a huge ass. I am just looking out for you and trying to pour a lil knowledge in your dome. Plus I have no mustangs now so all I am good for on this board is topics like this and computer troubleshooting advice...lol

rite ok

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
quote:
quote:

This whole post youve been crying like a baby about how the goverment is going to take everything from you blah blah blah get a tissue
or read the right bill and get a 5.0

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, fr5.0 is getting schooled.

GO OBAMA

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Im not even going to bother arguing with you because you dont know what your talking about, why dont you try researching the topic a little and you will see that it has NOTHING TO DO WITH TAKING YOUR RIGHTS AWAY FROM OWNING A GUN!!!!!! The first act is to close a loop hole that allows anybody to sell a gun at a gun show, the other act allows police to get gun data that is taken when a gun is registered to somebody and use that to help solve cases............................................................................. That is what the Tiahrt Amendment act is stupid has nothing to do with taking your silly guns away.

ya and get Assault Weapons off the streets, that was the first page blah blah blah. i got a better idea stop throwing around the name calling, because aside from showing how imiture you are its not nice. then start by checking the whole bill out, im gunna tell you again but i think i told you enough hunting rifles fall in to this catagory, im a hunter thus i am mad. read common you can do it!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:

GO OBAMA

how do you figure, from two guys that never even got a g.e.d. and copy and past wiki. not me bud!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:

GO OBAMA

how do you figure, from two guys that never even got a g.e.d. and copy and past wiki. not me bud!!!!
Your right i have a high school diploma and a AA... keep your cryin maybe somebody will come and hold you

[ January 30, 2009, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: liftedF150 ]

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com