Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » buying my first GUN! HELP! (Page 4)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: buying my first GUN! HELP!
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
ok guys I'm trying to buy my first hand gun. I'm looking at a Springfield XD 40. What do you think or what other hand gun do you recommand? I'm Also trying to get a big gun, like a sniper rifle or something else, I just want something that turns head at the shooting range, not sure yet what?

u want a big gun and turn heads? get a Desert Eagle [Big Grin]
that will do the job. last time i went to the shooting range people were like wtf is that! (they hadnt seen the gun at the time just heard the blast) silly rabbits shooting their 9mm and such. haha!

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday normal guy  Ford pictures for everyday normal guy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by F8LSN8K:
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
ok guys I'm trying to buy my first hand gun. I'm looking at a Springfield XD 40. What do you think or what other hand gun do you recommand? I'm Also trying to get a big gun, like a sniper rifle or something else, I just want something that turns head at the shooting range, not sure yet what?

u want a big gun and turn heads? get a Desert Eagle [Big Grin]
that will do the job. last time i went to the shooting range people were like wtf is that! (they hadnt seen the gun at the time just heard the blast) silly rabbits shooting their 9mm and such. haha!

looks cool sounds cool but cant hit the broad side of a barn from 5 feet away and hope its a 50cal cuz the 44 cal is a peice of s@#t

--------------------
i make pretty good spaghetti muthafuca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My AR always turns heads especially when i fire a round off, no one expects such a small round to make a big bang.
I wish the M107 was legal in CA, i would buy one for sure.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my recievers get here monday. Time to order the uppers one in .223 and the other in a .308 or .458nato. Spikes makes multi round recievers so i can fuck the DOJ by making a 50 cal if i want, expensive to shoot though. Got a .22 to for cheap fun at the range.
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
Got a .22 to for cheap fun at the range.

$12 for 500 rounds that's the way to go for cheap fun!!!

The Ruger 10/22 is on sale at Sports Authority for $179.99 same price I bought mine for a couple months ago.

I added a good red dot scope and a 25 round magazine to mine. The 10/22 has been around for years and has probably the most aftermarket upgrades available.

everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday normal guy  Ford pictures for everyday normal guy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slidewayz94:
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
Got a .22 to for cheap fun at the range.

$12 for 500 rounds that's the way to go for cheap fun!!!

The Ruger 10/22 is on sale at Sports Authority for $179.99 same price I bought mine for a couple months ago.

I added a good red dot scope and a 25 round magazine to mine. The 10/22 has been around for years and has probably the most aftermarket upgrades available.

if you like the 10/22 you should try the walther g22 it awsome

-

--------------------

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Alot of guys hate on them, but I have a Hi-Point C9 9mm, cheap and very reliable. So far, I have 900 rounds through mine and NEVER had a jam or any problems. Plus, you can't argue with the no-questions-asked lifetime warranty from the factory, also, they always send an extra mag back to you.

As for a sniper rifle, I personally own a 91/30 Mosin Nagant. It's rugged, reliable, fires a 7.62x54 round, and I have seen them hit 18" targets from 900 yards. Another upside, they can be had for under $100.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate it when people come out with "I had this, but you should get this" A hand gun is a personal choice. If you are a first timer this is what I would recommend. Go to a range that rents handguns, rent several different kinds, and which ever one fits your hand and you feel comfortable with, buy it up. I learned to shoot with a glock, but ended up with xd's because I liked the grip angle more. Happy Hunting!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Gun Owners, who are you voting for?
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.guns.html

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

-
hes grilled out and hell shoota mufuca

--------------------

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i finally bought my first gun and get in on friday.. i bought an xd9 and im super juiced to go shoot it this weekend..
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This thread is becoming everlasting. Congratz on the xd, you cant go wrong with one. Have fun and be safe!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks a lot, my buddy has a glock but i just liked how the xd felt compared to the glock and the fact that the xd had more safety devices to it and this is my first gun so safety was the main priority for me
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

9cobrasnake9 is that pic on page 3 of your two xds?? i printed that pic out a while ago probably fom here and been carrying it around cause i wanted the bi tone hella bad but got the all black for now but when i by the sub compact it will be bi tone for sure. hopefully in december ill buy it

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com