Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Raptor Or Cobra? (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Raptor Or Cobra?
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Farrell:
quote:
Originally posted by iceman302:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blkfoxbody89:
quote:
I'm a little biased. There's just so much more that you can do and enjoy with a Raptor.

Is that bottom picture the yankee jims swim spot? Cool ass place to jump off some rocks into crystal clear water. Last time I was there I stepped on a sharp rock and had blood literally squirting outta my foot, lmao good times. I had to drive my 5 spd fox all the way back to my house in forest hill.
That's exactly where that is. The bridge is sketchy. Does anyone see the problem with that picture?
I too have jumped off that same bridge. I went to Colfax and that was the road you could take from Colfax to forest hill. Whats wrong with the pic? The Raptor exceeds the weight limit. At least mine does..Last weigh in was 6325 pounds with half a tank of gas and no passenger!
Yep. That bridge was making all kinds of unsettling noises.
You think that bridge is scary, try hitting ponderora bridge our by Weimar. They literally have boards missing in random places, i never even tried it in my wheeler, just parked on that side and then turned around there...
I would've done the same.

I know there's a margin of safety engineered into the limits they place on a bridge like that but it makes you wonder how often that POS is inspected.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Because 10 idiots wrecked their trucks by crashing them over an 18" kicker at freeway speeds, suddenly there's an issue with all Raptors? Do your research before you spout garbage. The only issue with those trucks were the guys behind the wheel that thought they were driving trophy trucks. And guess what? You can damage a trophy truck if you overdrive it for the terrain and conditions too.

Whoa, where did I say that all of the trucks were garbage? I would totally mob a Raptor. But you just pointed out what was wrong with them - some people buy them and drive them thinking you can smash around in the desert like a trophy truck.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
CAStang
¯
Member # 9568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CAStang  Ford pictures for CAStang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Raptor!
Posts: 351 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Nov 2009  |  :
Blk93pny
¯
Member # 11387

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blk93pny  Ford pictures for Blk93pny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
raptor i have a cobra ALREADY

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com