Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Job Dilemma (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Job Dilemma
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I commute about a hour each way but for me the money was worth it. I would say look outside the money however. If it will impact your quality of life, then I would say no, don't do it.
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I commute about a hour each way but for me the money was worth it. I would say look outside the money however. If it will impact your quality of life, then I would say no, don't do it.

Hahaha speaking of signatures N8's sig gets me everytime.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Hahaha speaking of signatures N8's sig gets me everytime.
Actually I need to change it. No sense in keeping old bullshit going.
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So is savage habits a car club or gang? If your not part of a car club why would you be claiming you are? Also if the jobs good enough commuting any type of mileage shouldn't bother you as long as your following a career path. If its taco bell or weinerschnitzel then fuck a 10 min commute. When did cafords give out regular ass life advice, pickup a friend or two and stop driving around in your car with your little pellet guns nigga.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yeaah checkout my signature op, it's probably more in line with your reality.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:
So is savage habits a car club or gang? If your not part of a car club why would you be claiming you are? Also if the jobs good enough commuting any type of mileage shouldn't bother you as long as your following a career path. If its taco bell or weinerschnitzel then fuck a 10 min commute. When did cafords give out regular ass life advice, pickup a friend or two and stop driving around in your car with your little pellet guns nigga.

its pretty obvious we're a car club, been around for some years now and that gang bull-shits for kids" we are all grown ass men in this club not a bunch of youngsters [patriot]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont care about miles and/or fuel.....I get 55 cents per mile and $10 drive time. To and from work. [Big Grin]

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ONE2MANY510:
ive been offerd a job in sac, i work in a parts distributing warehouse, we branched off to sac last year, and a manager position opend up for one of the day shifts,its a 7 doller pay increase per hour,so im really likeing that, i wouldnt want to move to sac, any of u guys ever commute from the bay to sac? i live in oakland and currently commute to concord,a 40 mnute commute, ill be applying for the position this monday so i have about 2 weeks until i find out, thanks

Not sure where in Oak your are or where in Sac your job is, but Google maps puts the distance from city to city at 81 miles (one way) if you take I80 and 102 miles (one way) if you take I5 through Tracy.

If you take I80, you have to pay $4 to cross the bridge. Let's say your car gets 26mpg, for a round trip, you'll be burning through 6.23 gallons of gas at $3.60/gallon, that's $22.43 in gas. With bridge toll, you're spending $26.43 a day in travel costs. With your $7/hr increase, the first 4 hours of your pay increase have disappeared. Obviously if your car gets worse mileage, your costs increase.

If you take I5 to avoid the bridge toll, you're looking at 204 miles round trip and burning 7.84 gallons of gas for a grand total of $28.24. It's actually more money to avoid driving over the bridge.

Sac is nice. The cost of living is pretty low and you won't spend half your life sitting in the car and half your wage increase on gas.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
quote:
Originally posted by ONE2MANY510:
ive been offerd a job in sac, i work in a parts distributing warehouse, we branched off to sac last year, and a manager position opend up for one of the day shifts,its a 7 doller pay increase per hour,so im really likeing that, i wouldnt want to move to sac, any of u guys ever commute from the bay to sac? i live in oakland and currently commute to concord,a 40 mnute commute, ill be applying for the position this monday so i have about 2 weeks until i find out, thanks

Not sure where in Oak your are or where in Sac your job is, but Google maps puts the distance from city to city at 81 miles (one way) if you take I80 and 102 miles (one way) if you take I5 through Tracy.

If you take I80, you have to pay $4 to cross the bridge. Let's say your car gets 26mpg, for a round trip, you'll be burning through 6.23 gallons of gas at $3.60/gallon, that's $22.43 in gas. With bridge toll, you're spending $26.43 a day in travel costs. With your $7/hr increase, the first 4 hours of your pay increase have disappeared. Obviously if your car gets worse mileage, your costs increase.

If you take I5 to avoid the bridge toll, you're looking at 204 miles round trip and burning 7.84 gallons of gas for a grand total of $28.24. It's actually more money to avoid driving over the bridge.

Sac is nice. The cost of living is pretty low and you won't spend half your life sitting in the car and half your wage increase on gas.

Could not be broken down any better , Man of vast intelligence ^
Infamous5.0
CAFords OG
Member # 1745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous5.0  Ford pictures for Infamous5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ of course he's intelligent, Dr.Wilit is a Doctor after after all

--------------------
To be or not to be

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Infamous5.0:
^^^ of course he's intelligent, Dr.Wilit is a Doctor after after all

-

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com