Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » MW3 (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: MW3
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94 N.C.F. GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
Its all about those perk set up's. There are so many combinations. And I have to say Turtle Beach's is a must!

I just picked these up. Still up in the air if I want to keep them or not. The price tag is what's killing me. Not sure if it's worth it.

What pair do you have?

I have had just about every turtle beach head set they suck imo TRITTON is the way to go
Really? I read so many reviews online and most were against tritton. lucky for me best buy has a good return policy on these. I tried the dx11's first but couldn't deal with all the wires. Which pair of trittons do you have and why do you think they are better? is it the sound quality or just the build of the headset etc? [patriot]
Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sound quality is far superior then turtle beaches I have the Ax pros and AX720 head sets. the reason I have both my pros went out from kids pulling on the cords so i bought a xtra pair and had to send the pros in for replacement wich is no charge except shipping cost they will send you a brand new fresh un opened package if they break. The main thing that usually goes out is the mic and wire to the controller from wear and tear. But they will send those out free to just got to call. And the head sets with cords are better sound quality aswell. Cordless not so good.

[ November 11, 2011, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: 94 N.C.F. GT ]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX: T-TOP PUMPKIN NOTCH
94N.C.F.GT: 418w
www.facebook.com/PLATINUM1320tv

Posts: 2790 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
1994steeda
¯
Member # 6127

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for 1994steeda  Ford pictures for 1994steeda  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If anyone cares, online MW3 does suck. I have to agree with all the other members, I lags very much, to the point where others kill you with your finger on the trigger and bulletts shots fired...MW2 is the the better game in my opinion

--------------------
I don't buy STOLEN mustang parts...

00 C5 Corvette
94 Gt stolen
94 Gt Stolen
95 GT sold
95 Gt Sold
97 Cobra sold
98 Gt sold
01 Bullitt sold

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Notch  Ford pictures for Pumpkin_Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1994steeda:
If anyone cares, online MW3 does suck. I have to agree with all the other members, I lags very much, to the point where others kill you with your finger on the trigger and bulletts shots fired...MW2 is the the better game in my opinion

I have to agree on the lag but thats only because of so many people playing servers can't handle it but besides that I can't complian game is awesome its what mw2 should have been

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I have to agree on the lag but thats only because of so many people playing servers can't handle it but besides that I can't complian game is awesome its what mw2 should have been
+1 without a doubt the lag issues are pissing me off.
Examples:
1)Round a corner squeeze the trigger at a guy who's sprinting yet I die?
2)Fully running around a corner with a guy starting to shoot at your back, clearing the corner... then dying.
3) Not being able to shoot through wood pallets, but others can shoot through walls etc.

lag is bs.
BUT
I did notice though (I run Turtle Beach X4) they spent a lot of time improving game and weapon sounds. That I like. Just wish lag would improve.

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

They say astro's are the best head sets. My brother owns a pair didn't like how you can't separate the player voice from game sound besides that they are really comfortable though lol.

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
quote:
quote:

+1 without a doubt the lag issues are pissing me off.
Examples:
1)Round a corner squeeze the trigger at a guy who's sprinting yet I die?
2)Fully running around a corner with a guy starting to shoot at your back, clearing the corner... then dying.
3) Not being able to shoot through wood pallets, but others can shoot through walls etc.

lag is bs.
BUT
I did notice though (I run Turtle Beach X4) they spent a lot of time improving game and weapon sounds. That I like. Just wish lag would improve.

give it about a week or 2 itll improve greatly...the game just came out acouple days ago..gotta work out all the lil bugs...im sure they will have a update soon to fix it all

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
Surround sound for the win!! Headsets have nothing on true 5.1 surround sound!!!!! [Razz]

LOL, have you ever tried a real headset. I have 7.1 Surround sound and nothing compares to the headset. I can hear people reloading down the street, LOL. Its like having a extra perk.

This is what im using, it has 7.1 in you ear hole!
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/call-of-duty-headsets/mw3-ear-force-delta.aspx

BTW, if you want free double xp coins. Go to the chip isle in the store and look at Doritos. The code is on the "OUTSIDE" of the bag!! FAIL!! I took pics of 10 bags & I got 4hrs 50min worth of double XP. Im boooosting from Doritos. You can do up to 24hrs total.

Go to dewxp.com

[ November 11, 2011, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Lmao I did the same shit earlier today

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

Pumpkin_Notch
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 3946

Oh and the codes work twice just use different email [Wink]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Oh and the codes work twice just use different email [Wink]

Nice, I didn't think of that.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
Surround sound for the win!! Headsets have nothing on true 5.1 surround sound!!!!! [Razz]

LOL, have you ever tried a real headset. I have 7.1 Surround sound and nothing compares to the headset. I can hear people reloading down the street, LOL. Its like having a extra perk.

This is what im using, it has 7.1 in you ear hole!
http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/call-of-duty-headsets/mw3-ear-force-delta.aspx

BTW, if you want free double xp coins. Go to the chip isle in the store and look at Doritos. The code is on the "OUTSIDE" of the bag!! FAIL!! I took pics of 10 bags & I got 4hrs 50min worth of double XP. Im boooosting from Doritos. You can do up to 24hrs total.

Go to dewxp.com

good info on the coins, i already spent the 3 i had from previous COD games and prestiging out on 3 outta 4 of them. As for the headset, i tried the turtle beach one a while ago, if the game isnt 7.1 supported then its pointless, i have only seen a few and i mean A FEW games/movies that are 7.1. The sounds on MW3 are alot better than Black Ops but for some reason the blue tooth sound sucks hard on this COD game along with I cant turn the fuckin music down in the options screen like black ops, so everytime i unlock something the level up music takes away from the in game action sound!

I hope they fix some of weapon damage on certain guns and get rid of how bullets curve around corners or go through a concrete barrier!!! I'm just frustrated on how my KDR on this game is suckin ass compared to all the other COD games i have, i'm struggeling to be a 1.1 on this MW, when on past cod games i'm 1.5(cod4) 1.45(WAW) 1.62(mw2) 1.72(black ops)
[Mad]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

BIG KEITH
¯
Member # 6523

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIG KEITH  Ford pictures for BIG KEITH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To fix the lag turn off theater recording before the match starts .. trust me this worked ALOT

--------------------
95Gt blown & stroked
2013 Gt gotta have it green..married 12/4/12 lol
06 harley road glide
STALLIONS CC OG 2001

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wired headsets aren't going to work for me. I need to be able to move in and out of the room and I don't like the mess of cords.

I tried a set of wired a40's and I didn't like the sound quality. The eq seemed really geared towards mids and lows. It seemed hollow.

My x41's sound better imo. BUT, I can't hear foot steps as well as the a40s.

I'm starting to learn that a good gaming headset doesn't really have good sound, it's just set up to allow you to hear certain sounds like footsteps or reloads etc.

Not sure if I like that. Headsets are a headache. I think it's all subjective at this point as to which ones are better.

I'm to broke to buy 4 or 5 headsets just to try them out. [BS flag] [Frown] I can't justify a paying the price of a console for a headset lol

[ November 12, 2011, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: 90FoX ]

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

quote:
Originally posted by BIG KEITH:
To fix the lag turn off theater recording before the match starts .. trust me this worked ALOT

I never thought of this before. [patriot]

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com