Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 363ci Notchback Mustang Build.. (Page 3)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: 363ci Notchback Mustang Build..
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
Nice. I hardly ever hear of people doing 363 builds in a street car . It should be nasty on the streets and the track!

Also gonna be running on liquid corn and getting a nice forced induction vortech soon [burnout]
going to have to ditch the A1000 when he goes E85
Ill admit ima newb when it comes to e85 still a new subject to me haven't dove into threads and info yet so can u enlighten me Jason?? I thought ona return still system a A1000 filter needed to be changed and the pump was a good setup [Confused] thanks Jason for the info..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/carburetor-boost-tech-questions/aeromotive-a1000/

Halfway down the page,Brett from Aeromotive says u can use an A1000 from 02 and newer..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
Nice. I hardly ever hear of people doing 363 builds in a street car . It should be nasty on the streets and the track!

Also gonna be running on liquid corn and getting a nice forced induction vortech soon [burnout]
going to have to ditch the A1000 when he goes E85
Ill admit ima newb when it comes to e85 still a new subject to me haven't dove into threads and info yet so can u enlighten me Jason?? I thought ona return still system a A1000 filter needed to be changed and the pump was a good setup [Confused] thanks Jason for the info..
all depends on his goal and what he intends to do far as HP wise...

an A1000 on E85 can only support 700 Crank....an Si Trim blower will kill that on E85

if he intends to stick a YSI on there...

he'll need a Big Stuff 3, 120lb injectors, and TWO A1000s or a Magnafuel 4303 (recommended by most)...or something similar...but you'll be in the 800+rw area

basically think of your HP goal...and add 30-35% more fuel needs than normal when adding E85

if he wanted to stay stock computer, biggest injectors he could run on a street car with good manners are 80's, but with an A1000, pump gas and methanol, he could be in the 700+ range with an Si-trim on there...

obviously all with a good tune

[ January 08, 2012, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: CornOil_&_Boost ]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/carburetor-boost-tech-questions/aeromotive-a1000/

Halfway down the page,Brett from Aeromotive says u can use an A1000 from 02 and newer..

right but look what he says...

"Regardless of the fuel pump, the nature of alcohol fuel then, will reduce the maximum HP supported, by the amount of increased fuel required to achieve stoichiometry and equal gasoline' heat energy. This is obviously a give and take scenario. A current A1000 is more than up to the task of handling ethanol as a fuel, but as it is with any fuel pump, it's maximum HP supported on Ethanol is less than gasoline, in the case of E-85 figure approximately 30% less."

it's the HP support rating.....

a 363 with a big enough blower on E85 is going to be more than an A1000 can handle

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

[worship] [worship] the knowledge u just laid out was primo bro hahaha good shit man..the blowers gonna be a future addition until then the Aeromotive setup he's got is primo,50lb injectors,aero rails,aero fpr,a1000,sumped tank,full an lines,the car N/A is gonna run hard to 7k and def be in the low 11s I put my name on it [Wink]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not with u driving Brandon!!! More like 13.5s...lol jk, u can buy high impedance injectors up to 105lb but fox computer will be a PiTA to tune and good luck getting a tuner to do it. U have the option of running a injector driver and low impedance injectors but other than that u will need a stand alone.. BS3, XFI, or megasquirt! As u know, gotta pay to play so all that will add up quick, and Please don't put a Si trim on that car, even though they are good enough, they are not as efficient as a YSI or what I perfer a F1C procharger. Either way it will be a beast if ur uncle spends the coin!!

[ January 08, 2012, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: *BlownMach1* ]

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*:
Not with u driving Brandon!!! More like 13.5s...lol jk, u can buy high impedance injectors up to 105lb but fox computer will be a PiTA to tune and good luck getting a tuner to do it. U have the option of running a injector driver and low impedance injectors but other than that u will need a stand alone.. BS3, XFI, or megasquirt! As u know, gotta pay to play so all that will add up quick, and Please don't put a Si trim on that car, even though they are good enough, they are not as efficient as a YSI or what I perfer a F1C procharger. Either way it will be a beast if ur uncle spends the coin!!

Lol he's DEF got the coin if you can't tell already and who said anything about an s-trim [Confused] I mentioned vortech and that would def be a y-trim or a procharger f1..We were talkin fuel system setup for n/a and Jason thought I was reffering to the car being boosted when it hits the streets and we got on the same page,the stock computer will only be ran n/a (Shaun from AED will be tuning this and conversations with him have already solidified that) and ofcourse the car will getta FAST or BG3 when the blower comes lol we don't build half ass shit [Wink]

FYI Casey,my driving would make you look like u got 2 left feet bud [Wink] I could cut a 1.6 60' in water on your ass and ill be sure to shoot u a pm when the car hits the track N/A [burnout]

[ January 08, 2012, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by *BlownMach1*:

Lol he's DEF got the coin if you can't tell already and who said anything about an s-trim [Confused] I mentioned vortech and that would def be a y-trim or a procharger f1..We were talkin fuel system setup for n/a and Jason thought I was reffering to the car being boosted when it hits the streets and we got on the same page,the stock computer will only be ran n/a (Shaun from AED will be tuning this and conversations with him have already solidified that) and ofcourse the car will getta FAST or BG3 when the blower comes lol we don't build half ass shit [Wink]

FYI Casey,my driving would make you look like u got 2 left feet bud [Wink] I could cut a 1.6 60' in water on your ass and ill be sure to shoot u a pm when the car hits the track N/A [burnout]

[worship] [worship] [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Post 3k [dance] can't wait to break this car in the right way...

KNOTTS 2012 [burnout]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Major major sic azz fuc I love the shaved door moulding just like my 5.0 I gotta come by the shop to see that in person.

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like she is almost done! It's going to be a beast and looks bad ass too

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

8lbCoupe
¯
Member # 11416

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8lbCoupe  Ford pictures for 8lbCoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who did your engine bay????

--------------------
"HEAVY DOSAGE"

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by 8lbCoupe:

Engine bay was done in the garage,everything but the paint and assembly of the shortblock was done by us [patriot]

[ January 11, 2012, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Brandonn
CAFords OG
Member # 632

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brandonn  Ford pictures for Brandonn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Engine bay was done in the garage,everything but the paint and assembly of the shortblock was done by us [patriot]
You did a good job
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by Brandonn:
quote:
quote:

You did a good job
Lol I posted "US" cause I'm concentrating on the car,not the MANY people who have had hours into this car,including you brotha(shaved the engine bay),and I didn't think really going into details in a reply to a newb (8lbcoupe) was crucial,my bad bud [patriot]

[ January 13, 2012, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

REDLIGHTING
¯
Member # 11296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for REDLIGHTING  Ford pictures for REDLIGHTING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love it good work.

--------------------
1992 coupe YSI, DART,
225 TFS HIGH PORTS
04 mystichrome convertible

2006 GMC sierra slt crew

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Lol random to see this thread,I wasn't gonna update for a bit but we do have a full FAST XFI kit and got rid of the holley systemax for a vic jr/wilson 90mm elbow injection setup,fully ported and both items are polished up,pics to come [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Kooks bigboy headers,new intake,an wiring up the FAST XFi [patriot]

-

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks sweet! [worship] [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now this is what I call a build! [patriot]

Cant wait to see the finished product [burnout]

--------------------
1966 Mustang

REDLIGHTING
¯
Member # 11296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for REDLIGHTING  Ford pictures for REDLIGHTING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who did the engine bay

--------------------
1992 coupe YSI, DART,
225 TFS HIGH PORTS
04 mystichrome convertible

2006 GMC sierra slt crew

CARTFAN
¯
Member # 9021

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CARTFAN  Ford pictures for CARTFAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Brandon Cioli and my brother Darryl took care of all the wielding and panels before it was taken to the paint shop.. Much love to them, the engine bay came out better than I could have hoped for!

--------------------
1987 FoxRod Notch 363ci
2003 Oxford White 678 rwhp Cobra

Posts: 92 | From: Elk grove, CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
ISP89LX
¯
Member # 8949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ISP89LX  Ford pictures for ISP89LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This notch is going to be a monster. Good job to you guys and the shop. Mad props and just goes to show the type of work you guys do is flawless. [patriot]

--------------------
89LX
Turbo50built!!!
Wait, he jacked my shit!!!
"Dan will make It rite" THIEF!

Posts: 2997 | From: Nowhere to be found. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
CARTFAN
¯
Member # 9021

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CARTFAN  Ford pictures for CARTFAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No work has been done at The Shop... this has been built at my brothers house by myself, Brandon (Sic9250) with some assistance from Brandon (Brandonn) and his wielding skillz!

--------------------
1987 FoxRod Notch 363ci
2003 Oxford White 678 rwhp Cobra

Posts: 92 | From: Elk grove, CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

quote:
Originally posted by ISP89LX:
This notch is going to be a monster. Good job to you guys and the shop. Mad props and just goes to show the type of work you guys do is flawless. [patriot]

No doubt the cats at "The Shop" do great work but this project has been a little garage whore for me an my uncle,not taking anything away from my buds in any way,shit I live half my life there wrenching and doing what I can to help them succeed into bigger an better ways [patriot] but this project is a personal build,nothing but family an friends built this car,no shops,no big names,just your average grease monkeys
[Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com