Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody plastidip in San Jose? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody plastidip in San Jose?
cpthowdy
¯
Member # 10055

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cpthowdy  Ford pictures for cpthowdy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wrap it don't dip it.

--------------------
*04 cobra,TT,magnum,sra,E85
*08 zo6 h/c/i
*03 cobra, whipple *sold*
*02 GT, stroker, blown, cammed *sold*

MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cpthowdy:
Wrap it don't dip it.

I see. Mmm...nah. thanks for the suggestion though. Any actual help would be appreciated!
H8RPWRD
¯
Member # 12588

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for H8RPWRD  Ford pictures for H8RPWRD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWBACK 67:
Don't do it. Your car will look like shit.

+1 plasti dip is some broke ass played out in 2011 shit. And it looks like pure garbage.
This^

Not to mention have you ever peeled off plasti-dip??!! It's not as easy as everyone makes it out to be,get ready for a long ass day or 3-5 on a full car and bald blistering finger tips,shit is tough in some spots,I'm still finding that crap in sections on my wheels from some clown that dipped them and it's a bitch to peel off believe this..Just not worth it in my o2 id rather polish my shit paint then dip a car..

It's only hard to take off if you don't do multiple coatsands do it on anything but a smooth surface I've peeled Shit off all in one piece before if you actually do it right it comes off clean. I've done my wheels in camo green 5 coats and came right off ez pz

--------------------
89 Lx Vert
93 LX Notch- sold
01 Bullitt #00919- Sold
90 LX- Sold
89 LX Vert- Sold
89 LX (DarkHorse)-Sold

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never personally messed with the shit on a full car,other than a tailgate panel and misc odds and ends and I can't stand the stuff,the guy I bought my Mach from did the Cobras in plasti dip and I'm still peeling pieces I find daily and that's chrome,should be easy right? Wrong....A neighbor of ours did his 11' M3 a new color every month the correct way with a gun (neon green,neon orange,black,red and his wheels to match) and I helped him peel it when he would change the look and so did his buddies,needless to say it was a joke shoulda left it alone once you think your done you find more and more and more... I think the look makes you look cheap but again to each there own...OP has already peeled it and has had family members do it to there cars so his opinion and decision is his who cares what we think [Cool]

[ 2015-07-08, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MauriSSio  Ford pictures for MauriSSio    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
I've never personally messed with the shit on a full car,other than a tailgate panel and misc odds and ends and I can't stand the stuff,the guy I bought my Mach from did the Cobras in plasti dip and I'm still peeling pieces I find daily and that's chrome,should be easy right? Wrong....A neighbor of ours did his 11' M3 a new color every month the correct way with a gun (neon green,neon orange,black,red and his wheels to match) and I helped him peel it when he would change the look and so did his buddies,needless to say it was a joke shoulda left it alone once you think your done you find more and more and more... I think the look makes you look cheap but again to each there own...OP has already peeled it and has had family members do it to there cars so his opinion and decision is his who cares what we think [Cool]

well yeah, exactly. Im just trying to see WHERE i can take it to get it done,that's it.
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the thing about plastic dip, you need to:
1)put enough coats on it
2)not let it bake in the sun.
3)when possible keep your car in the garage.
4)remove or recoat it after 6 months if you follow the above. If not then earlier.

If you don't follow these rules then you are gonna hate plastic dip paint.

I will never buy a car that has been plastic dipped. FTS

Any paint shop should be able to paint that stuff. Find a local shop and just ask them.

[ 2015-07-08, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not just paint your car satin.. and then you wont have to mess with it?
Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
MauriSSio
¯
Member # 9943

quote:
Originally posted by 68dustin:
why not just paint your car satin.. and then you wont have to mess with it?

I'd like to change the color possibly in about 6 months to a year depending on if I fall in love with the color. But there are other reasons as well. Just looking for a spray booth, or a shop that'll do it.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com