Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bad Fender Rolling Experience in Sac (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bad Fender Rolling Experience in Sac
89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that's fucked! Rolling it with a baseball bat would have turned out better than that

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had three cars now that had the fenders rolled.

Rolling fenders is an art and can be very stressful work. Every car is a bit different too - uses different metal thickness, paint quality, etc.

My last experience with fender rolling came by way of word of mouth. Everyone on a national car forum was recommending that I use a particular guy here in nor-cal claiming that he was the best (non-mustang related). I gave him a ring and he claimed to have done hundreds of these jobs and many on my particular car model. He was confident and I hired him.

Well, long story short, he completely botched one of the fenders. And I am mean putting a severe crease in it on top of cracking the paint, and this guy was supposed to be an expert.

Because I was not happy with 2/3 of the fender roll jobs I've experienced, these days I am more of an advocate of shaving rather than rolling. Shaving puts no stress on the fender, there's no risks of paint cracking, no risks of putting a wave in your fender, but you have to be very careful with that grinder.

I don't envy the guys who roll fenders for a living since I promise you that every one of them has at least one story that they'd like to forget.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 166 Merlo:
Bro its craiglist, is he gonna reimburse u for $25, or did u let him fuck up all four fenders?

I didnt pay him anything to being with, And he only touched the left rear.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shoulda hit me up! I coulda hooked you up and I'm in the same town

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"so have you seen the post on cafords about my girls lips getting rolled?"

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

[Razz] [Wink] [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!] [dance] [Cool] [Big Grin] [Razz]

[ 2013-05-19, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Blow_U_In_Reverse ]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

its always annoying as fuck when someone posts a thread showing that they are frustrated in someway and some douche decides to leave what they think is funny comments on it... not only are they not adding any value to the conversation they are being pretentious assholes

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 0089GT:
quote:

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

its always annoying as fuck when someone posts a thread showing that they are frustrated in someway and some douche decides to leave what they think is funny comments on it... not only are they not adding any value to the conversation they are being pretentious assholes
And I hate it when someone speaks out their ass trying to be elequent and well versed about something they have no clue about!!
Fiji knows Chris and myself and at lasts nights in n out meet Chris said what Fiji has quoted in his post and it was awkward sounding and we all were laughing lol so before you open up your trap about a subject you don't know about think again..............because ill be watching you wizowski always watching......

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
0089GT
FREE
PALESTINE
Member # 9996

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 0089GT  Ford pictures for 0089GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
quote:
quote:

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

And I hate it when someone speaks out their ass trying to be elequent and well versed about something they have no clue about!!
Fiji knows Chris and myself and at lasts nights in n out meet Chris said what Fiji has quoted in his post and it was awkward sounding and we all were laughing lol so before you open up your trap about a subject you don't know about think again..............because ill be watching you wizowski always watching......

And your point? You can watch I wasnt trying to be eloquent or well versed pretentious is like a hs word I'm hoping you have your GED or diploma and I wasn't talking out of my ass that's what you're doing now

[ 2013-05-19, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: 0089GT ]

--------------------
FREE PALESTINE

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dudes into mustangs.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/3801621634.html

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=161392902

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
Dudes into mustangs.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/3801621634.html

http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=161392902

Yeah, those wheels were sitting in the garage when I got there. He said he had a whippled cobra in storage because he had a DUI. He also had a shitty SN95 gt in the driveway he said was getting a 347 for and a dark grey new edge vert gt on stock bullitts he didnt say anything about.

--------------------
"It's for pussies."

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

quote:

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"It's for pussies."

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

HHAHAHAHAHAHHA

wow someone hasnt been laid in a while [Razz]

**PS: DONT get all butthurt, itz a JOKE!!**

& James, right on for clarifying that bro [patriot]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

TTT just to keep people informed.

--------------------
"It's for pussies."

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com