Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Can you guys guess what happened?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Can you guys guess what happened??
Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive also herd that exact same noise from friends mustang that had a bad starter that wouldnt fully disengage...probably not the situation here tho

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
water pump would be the first place to start looking.. how does ur new oil look now? Can you see any water leaking from the bottom of the pulley @ water pump? that really didnt sound like a spun bearing, most likely had something to do with all pulleys in the front. did u put all 5 qts in motor?

[ August 04, 2012, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Put all 5 quarts in there but im already pulling the shit apart. For got to say that the belt blew off bout 1 mile from the house along with the upper radiator hose. That where all the water came from. noise went away but idk. What would have blew the hose off the radiator?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
rollin5ive0
¯
Member # 8592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollin5ive0  Ford pictures for rollin5ive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Put all 5 quarts in there but im already pulling the shit apart. For got to say that the belt blew off bout 1 mile from the house along with the upper radiator hose. That where all the water came from. noise went away but idk. What would have blew the hose off the radiator?

heat and pressure from the cooling sys, week hoses combo! and if the pump froze (which is soundin more and more like the issue, u get a belt that either got stuck on wp and ripped apart, or continued to be pulled over a frozen pulley and it just got hot/burnt/melted, and off the belt goes and hot hot hot the engine gets! [Confused]

--------------------
875.0gt
90dtlx5.0
93blkvenumos5.0COBRA#3377
96redthundr4.6l4vCOBRA
964.6l2vGT
895.0lGT
93cleancorlgreen5.0GT
93meancoralgreen5.0GT

Posts: 1830 | From: 707 vacaville ca | Registered: Aug 2008  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cough Cough COUGH LS1 Cough Cough COUGH

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, sounds like you kinda "solved" your problem. What I would have done when you were in the parking lot is remove the belt and start the engine. If there was no squeeking, then you would have known it was definitely one of the accessories. You could've spun each one (they should all spin relatively easily by hand) to figure out which one was the problem.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one of the pulley's froze up burnt the belt and belt came off and took ur radiator hose off with it... dude but come on.. really 5 qts.. go buy a honda if you cant check ur oil... "not to be a dick but damn"

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S V T:
OH NOO, NOT ALL 3 OF YOU GUYS.WHAT WILL WE DO [Frown]

So im guessin ur the new dickhead now on the roster??cus this ur second comment today bein a asshole.

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91blackonblack:
quote:

So im guessin ur the new dickhead now on the roster??cus this ur second comment today bein a asshole.
Yup, this dude SVT like's talkin shit. I gurantee he's a J-cat though..
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well wh no belt I was able to spin every pulley but my smog pulley. Pulled the fan and shroud off radiator is out too upper radiator hose is off also. So I'll be deleting that pos.
But I'm still trying to figure what made the upper hose burst off?

--------------------
King Lx

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe when the belt went flying off it took the radiator hose with it.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just replace everything belts hoses and u wont have to sorry about being stranded and shit u finally checked the oil? i would have do that before i bought it....or u did and it leaks so bad that u ran out?

[ August 05, 2012, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
Maybe when the belt went flying off it took the radiator hose with it.

ding ding ding! what i was thinking too

--------------------

91blackonblack
¯
Member # 11591

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91blackonblack  Ford pictures for 91blackonblack  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
quote:
quote:

I bet you he is too.probly a spoiled little brat that has his mother put everything in her name..lol.but im not gone mess up james thread.

--------------------
91blackonblack is banned from this website for good. Vallejo ghetto drama does not belong on CAFords! Y'all need to find a different website. PLEASE! GTFO and take your ghetto shit with you.

ps- ENGLISH DOES MATTER. How foolish of CAFords, we wrote this on our registration page http://oi49.tinypic.com/2akjm7k.jpg but now realize it's useless because the intended audience CAN'T READ, TYPE OR UNDERSTAND ENGLISH!

His response:

"I just want to say i need some very important info.an the onl way was through a friend to help me find that info.but you guys are some fucking bitches that hide behind ur fucking computer all damn day.you fucking bastards racist piece of shyt.exspecally with that nazi symbol you guys think is koo.fuck you i hope i fuck ur sisters or wife.punk bitches.you guys are fucking haters.an i hope ur fucking website crashes to.god has the last word.an u guys let that piece of shyt 396 get away with murder.an letting everybody get banned because of his shyt talking.i hope he gets his to from somebody.one day he going to say the wrong thing to somebody.fuck u bitches.you mark ass.bye punks"

At least he's consistent with his views!

-----------------------------

91 ssp 306,h.c.i. +v2 blower,suspension
Duncan motorsFTMFTW/F.O.D. FTMFTW
Mr.Quandoe" swang shyt click"

Posts: 1608 | From: the blower yo bitch | Registered: Jan 2012  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

You guys must think I'm crazy if you think I haven't checked the oil. Car was running perfect oil was good but something happened in the last couple days so

--------------------
King Lx

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
quote:
quote:

I bet you he is too.probly a spoiled little brat that has his mother put everything in her name..lol.but im not gone mess up james thread.
Honestly is pride before the fall! we all guilty we come one here post about our new whip and put pics and shit and post about hard hard it runs then ur first of many problems hit u and then shit hits te fan like ur surprised something broke? Just fix it these Re hella old cars it happens.....dont freak out and sell it tho! I look at like this my girl has a new car but a big ass monthly. I have a old car no monthly but brcause its my DD i have repair costs....all a wash to me but shit is funny to watch people on here freak out cuz something wrong happens....its life

--------------------
2004 tahoe

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

quote:
You guys must think I'm crazy if you think I haven't checked the oil. Car was running perfect oil was good but something happened in the last couple days so

then that car hella smokes or u drive in the desert cuz oil just dont evaporate over nite....but the point it check u shit....i notice some wierd sound or loss in power i check. I not say u dont just do it . I had a smog pump go bad on me before same shit except my motor didnt die i just smoked the shit outta my belt till i had to pull over. for some reason smog pumps just sieze they even do it if u remove it to run offroad pipe then put it back for smog check it will sieze too

--------------------
2004 tahoe

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
quote:

then that car hella smokes or u drive in the desert cuz oil just dont evaporate over nite....but the point it check u shit....i notice some wierd sound or loss in power i check. I not say u dont just do it . I had a smog pump go bad on me before same shit except my motor didnt die i just smoked the shit outta my belt till i had to pull over. for some reason smog pumps just sieze they even do it if u remove it to run offroad pipe then put it back for smog check it will sieze too
Why does it sound like your talking shit in a nice way? In this post and the one above it??? This shit happened out of nowhere and last time I checked oil was fine car ran great and smog pump siezed out of nowhere either way the problem is being resolved as we speak

--------------------
King Lx

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You know what ur issue is.... You let your girl drive she probably drove it in second gear for 25miles @ 68mph lol...

But on the real my boys droptop smog pump went out couple months ago n sounds was really familiar . N when it finally went he got a big ass cloud off smoke..

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

^ lol talking shit yeah sure im talking shit cuz? u dont know what ur looking at asking everyone on this board and posting hella youtube videos about how u put $12 in oil in the motor cuz it stalled out? Now need to talk shit just watching ur video is enough comedy to pity u cuz u dont have a clue what ur doing. But now u fix it huh and u wanna be a dick in a nice way tho lol.

--------------------
2004 tahoe

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an ls1 bruh ! [Razz]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BLK35th:
Cough Cough COUGH LS1 Cough Cough COUGH

Hahahaha get the theraflu , ls1!

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
^ lol talking shit yeah sure im talking shit cuz? u dont know what ur looking at asking everyone on this board and posting hella youtube videos about how u put $12 in oil in the motor cuz it stalled out? Now need to talk shit just watching ur video is enough comedy to pity u cuz u dont have a clue what ur doing. But now u fix it huh and u wanna be a dick in a nice way tho lol.

[worship]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

quote:

If I don't know what im looking at then why do I build race cars? If I don't know what I'm looking at why do I have a growing clientele for the mechanical work I provide? Why do people text me asking me to fix there car or insight as to what happened to it.. But I'll say this I know a lot of shit but I've never had an accessory sieze on me so I didnt know what the sound was. And yes my car had damn near no oil in it. Big whoop I saved it. I'm happy the smog pump siezed or else I may have never seen the no oil till it was to late. But it's good I know what I'm doing and theres a lot of people on here who know this fact to. If you want to be a hater it's all good you got rights. I just don't argue on websites

--------------------
King Lx

stock fox
¯
Member # 9211

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stock fox  Ford pictures for stock fox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Eek!]

--------------------
🏁Sleeper notch under construction🏁
86 Notchback stang

Posts: 1849 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com