Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » buyin a house (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: buyin a house
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by adower:
Best the worst home in the best neighborhood yiu can afford. Don't buy the nicest home in a crap neighborhood.

This is the best advice I've seen. You can remodel the house but you can't change the neighborhood. Once you get through the mortgage BS and figure out what you qualify for start looking on Redfin for houses in your desired area and price range. Compile a list of homes and take it to your realtor. He may want to show you other similar homes which is fine but don't let him push you into a home or neighborhood you don't want. Avoid short sales like the plague. It's a nightmare dealing with them, I know from personal experience.
I sound like a moron. I hate my phone auto correct. Glad you could understand what I was trying to say lol.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
as some have already mentioned, why not give some specifics on what your plan is so the cafords mortgage and financial experts can guide

[Razz]

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
as some have already mentioned, why not give some specifics on what your plan is so the cafords mortgage and financial experts can guide

[Razz]

lmfao im good on that 1 [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
quote:

[Razz]

comon they'll need this info like you're applying for a loan:
home price
list of debt(cc, car loans, school loans, alimony child support etc)
list of assets(how much bread you got in the bank, cars owned, property)
credit score
income from last filing, gross monthly income

until then, they wont be able to provide you w/ the necessary assistance.
u might as well throw in your SSN too.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DIRTY SALLY:
quote:

[Razz]

comon they'll need this info like you're applying for a loan:
home price
list of debt(cc, car loans, school loans, alimony child support etc)
list of assets(how much bread you got in the bank, cars owned, property)
credit score
income from last filing, gross monthly income

until then, they wont be able to provide you w/ the necessary assistance.
u might as well throw in your SSN too.

as well as maybe a CC number? don't think it's too much to ask for.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lets just say i dont have debt [Wink]
all cc cards are paid off

more that 5k in the bank [Roll Eyes]

just want to buy a house new at this shit and you old fucks know whats up lol [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When considering purchasing a home, I would avoid buying a house that would result in crazy commuting hours to work.

The stupid motherfuckers that buy houses in shit hole cities Stockton and end commuting hours each day are fuckin nuts!

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Word of advice, don't get a gardener. I mean shit I'm Slowback67's gardener N I do his wife all the time!

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18538 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

hopefully youre far north of 5k. LOL. that 5k will barely cover your closing costs. then again, you should look into FHA loans that cater to the 1st time home buyer and require a much lower down payment.
as already mentioned, if youre low income and looking to buy in a more desirable area look into BMR properties. its not for everone but might be what youre looking for.

these old fucks have experience so listen up and learn lol. on a serious note, i wouldnt go on this site much for financial advice. go research online and maybe join a forum that is more related to what youre trying to get into? trulia has a discussion forum where you can post questions where many are answered by folks in the industry.

[ May 09, 2012, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: venomous99 ]

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
Word of advice, don't get a gardener. I mean shit I'm Slowback67's gardener N I do his wife all the time!

oohhhh ddddduuhhhhhh llaaayyyyyyyyy [Big Grin] [Eek!]

i mow my own lawns [Wink]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

quote:
hopefully youre far north of 5k. LOL. that 5k will barely cover your closing costs. then again, you should look into FHA loans that cater to the 1st time home buyer and require a much lower down payment.
as already mentioned, if youre low income and looking to buy in a more desirable area look into BMR properties. its not for everone but might be what youre looking for.

these old fucks have experience so listen up and learn lol. on a serious note, i wouldnt go on this site much for financial advice. go research online and maybe join a forum that is more related to what youre trying to get into? trulia has a discussion forum where you can post questions where many are answered by folks in the industry.

thanks bro ill check that out [patriot]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com