Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody here have CCW Permit (Concealed Weapon Permit) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody here have CCW Permit (Concealed Weapon Permit)
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Neight don't have one he's woofin
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
Even though you can get a permit, some counties don't allow you to carry, might want to check into that also before going through the trouble.

This is entirely untrue. The California CCW is a state issued permit and counties or cities cannot make it against the law for a citizen with a ccw to carry. From state to state yes, counties in California no. I have had my permit for over 7 years now and live in Butte county. It is much easier to obtain one up here for sure.

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
I heard it costs like 400 bucks a year to maintain your permit.

It cost me 80 for the class and 40 to renew every 2 years...

And btw, I am not law enforcement or military, I actually flip burgers for a living!

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rwc:
i repo cars and they wouldnt give me one. found a loophole tho. if you are in transit to or from a hunting or fishing trip (i can say im oncall so i brought my truck and got a call while i was down here. will be officers discretion so far they have been very cool to me) you can have a concealed loaded weapon. i keep a fishing pole and lures in my truck. plus when im down in monterey/salinas i can toss the line out for a bit between night runs and door knocks.

you can never have a concealed loaded weapon with out a permit! yeah tranporting to and from ok i get that but not loaded. your ammo has to be seperated by a locked compartment. it is legal to have a unconsealed un loaded weapon on you too. look that up and even with a consealed it has to be unloaded. the ammo can be on you but it must be unloaded. you have tye right to bear arms but if it is loaded you can not. id look into this more if i were you. remember some cops go into the profession just to carry a weapon and be an authority figure. those are the cops to watch out for they might be so scared of your weapon and shoot first ask question later kno what i mean

[ March 17, 2012, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple b:
quote:
Originally posted by rwc:
i repo cars and they wouldnt give me one. found a loophole tho. if you are in transit to or from a hunting or fishing trip (i can say im oncall so i brought my truck and got a call while i was down here. will be officers discretion so far they have been very cool to me) you can have a concealed loaded weapon. i keep a fishing pole and lures in my truck. plus when im down in monterey/salinas i can toss the line out for a bit between night runs and door knocks.

you can never have a concealed loaded weapon with out a permit! yeah tranporting to and from ok i get that but not loaded. your ammo has to be seperated by a locked compartment. it is legal to have a unconsealed un loaded weapon on you too. look that up and even with a consealed it has to be unloaded. the ammo can be on you but it must be unloaded. you have tye right to bear arms but if it is loaded you can not. id look into this more if i were you. remember some cops go into the profession just to carry a weapon and be an authority figure. those are the cops to watch out for they might be so scared of your weapon and shoot first ask question later kno what i mean
When you open carry it has to be unloaded, don't have to worry about that since Jerry Brown took care of it. When you conceal carry you can keep the gun loaded with one in the pipe and have as much ammo on you as you want.

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
quote:
Even though you can get a permit, some counties don't allow you to carry, might want to check into that also before going through the trouble.

This is entirely untrue. The California CCW is a state issued permit and counties or cities cannot make it against the law for a citizen with a ccw to carry. From state to state yes, counties in California no. I have had my permit for over 7 years now and live in Butte county. It is much easier to obtain one up here for sure.
So the lady who had just gotten her CCW and was picking up her gun at the gun shop here in vacaville lied to me? [Confused]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
quote:

So the lady who had just gotten her CCW and was picking up her gun at the gun shop here in vacaville lied to me? [Confused]
Probably didn't lie, she just probably didn't know. If you get a license in any of the 58 counties, you can legally carry in ANY county, even liberal San Francisco County. You can be prevented from carrying in "sensitive areas" like federal or state buildings, state/city parks, but as a whole, you can legally carry anywhere in the state.

Also, I find it funny that she was issued a CCW BEFORE she had a gun in her possession. In almost every county, you have to take a class and qualify with the gun you plan to carry.

[ March 17, 2012, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: wilit ]

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
VADEl2
¯
Member # 10332

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for VADEl2  Ford pictures for VADEl2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fast92lxcoupe:
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
I have one. [patriot]

Seriously? How difficult was it to obtain? Or are you LE? I want to get one because I run 3 diffident health facilities and am the first to respond when our burglar alarm goes off. One of the facilities is in a bad area and in the last few weeks there's been 4 assaults and 3 break-ins.

I have no criminal record. Clean law abiding citizen. And I just want to be able to protect myself in case of an encounter with a degenerate

It costs $130 every two years to renew your permit. In Fresno county you have to submit your just cause. Here Sherrif mims will issue one to you if you are a law abiding citizen. Fresno county has over 8000 permits that they have issued. I'm renewing mine next week.

--------------------
TT Coyote 992Rwhp No Times yet

Posts: 735 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com