Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Craigslist Buyers Robbed at Gun-Point in Oakland (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Craigslist Buyers Robbed at Gun-Point in Oakland
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
If someone called me wanting to go to Oakland I'd say no.....I have to ask my wife for permission first

fixed it for ya dan
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
mrsmcizzle
¯
Member # 9643

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrsmcizzle  Ford pictures for mrsmcizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
B4 u guys pass judgment on Oakland please consider for a moment that alot of the crime that occurs in Oakland isn't by the folks that actually from/live here. In my personal experience its more thieves and robbers in Hayward than anywhere else in the bay but it all comes down to being a smart buyer/seller don't put yourself in vulnerable situations in any city cuz the worst can happen where we least expected. Blessings!
Posts: 166 | From: oakland, ca | Registered: Dec 2009  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just use common sense on these buys/sells guys...dont get got

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
In 2008 I hit up some dude on CL for a supercharger , he wanted 2 grand. I went to Hayward with a buddy of mine (both of us armed) to meet up with this dude. He lived in the hood out there , somewhere I wasn't familiar with. Anyhow , I called him when I got outside some projects and told to come out .... He was like naw , some foo's already pulled a strap on me and tried to rob me for it... At this point I was feeling a little sketchy myself but I was like fuck it me and my bud were both strapped and I didn't want to have a trip out there for nothin. So we walked in , meet him . Did the transaction and the dude actually wanted me stay while he put each bill to the light to make sure it wasn't counter fit. All in all things went smooth , looking back though I wouldn't put myself or my homie in jeopardy like that again. Things couldve went wrong and it wouldn't have been worth it in the least bit.

What planet are you from? [Eek!]

That's risky business right there. Reminds my off the chain saw scene from scarface when he and Manolo went into the hotel room to buy the used S-trim for their Cadillac when they answered the craigslist ad

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by RONIN:
In 2008 I hit up some dude on CL for a supercharger , he wanted 2 grand. I went to Hayward with a buddy of mine (both of us armed) to meet up with this dude. He lived in the hood out there , somewhere I wasn't familiar with. Anyhow , I called him when I got outside some projects and told to come out .... He was like naw , some foo's already pulled a strap on me and tried to rob me for it... At this point I was feeling a little sketchy myself but I was like fuck it me and my bud were both strapped and I didn't want to have a trip out there for nothin. So we walked in , meet him . Did the transaction and the dude actually wanted me stay while he put each bill to the light to make sure it wasn't counter fit. All in all things went smooth , looking back though I wouldn't put myself or my homie in jeopardy like that again. Things couldve went wrong and it wouldn't have been worth it in the least bit.

What planet are you from? [Eek!]

That's risky business right there. Reminds my off the chain saw scene from scarface when he and Manolo went into the hotel room to buy the used S-trim for their Cadillac when they answered the craigslist ad

nice! CCW FTW! i hope. [Confused]

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mrsmcizzle:
my personal experience its more thieves and robbers in Hayward than anywhere else in the bay !

what drugs are you on?!?

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
B4 u guys pass judgment on Oakland please consider for a moment that alot of the crime that occurs in Oakland isn't by the folks that actually from/live here. In my personal experience its more thieves and robbers in Hayward than anywhere else in the bay but it all comes down to being a smart buyer/seller don't put yourself in vulnerable situations in any city cuz the worst can happen where we least expected. Blessings!

seriously, thats what we have been faced with lately. VPD said something like 70-75% of the people they have caught committing major crimes are out of town residence. that bank robbery that got officer capoot killed about a month back was committed by a Fairfield man.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:

seriously, thats what we have been faced with lately. VPD said something like 70-75% of the people they have caught committing major crimes are out of town residence. that bank robbery that got officer capoot killed about a month back was committed by a Fairfield man.
It's certainly true that most con artists are giving a bit of space between their home and their crime scenes. This makes them a bit harder to catch as the evidence trail tends to become more murky.

Many police officers also do not live in the same city they work to minimize the chance of encountering some scum-bag around town while off duty that they arrested the night before.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com