Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » which one to get? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: which one to get?
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock shifter FTW!!!

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mgw FTMFW !!!

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by v-town coupe:
[qb] since my T-5 is in the old school. I prefer the the Tri-Ax because 1. it has 3 holes to mount the handle in two different spots and 2. I cut the hole in which my A/T shifter came up through just big enough to take the T-5 shifter out while the tranny is in the car and the PRO 5.0 was two big around the base want wanted to make contact with the sides of my floor hole (the area im referring to is the area where the shift stops are located)where the TRI-AX is slimmer in that area. thats about it. I really like Pro-5.0 shifters but the Tri-ax is so far so good.

I was wondering about the clearance between those. Narrower is always good. I was bending open the whole around the tranny tunnel last night to fit the stock shifter in. I was able to get the tranny in before with the shifter installed but I didn't have enough clearance this time for some reason so I had to pull the shifter to get the tranny in. I actually scored a camaro 4 speed shifter for $20 years ago and made my handle from that. You def need a long handle in these cars. you can probably mill off some of the shifter on the sides too to gain some clearance. I know exactly what your talking about on that hole. I had previously cut two relief slits on the right side and folded the metal up around the sides to slide the shifter in. My console covers all of it and if I ever want to go back to stock, it's just a matter of folding it back and welding the slits back up. eBay seems like the best deal. Summit has it for the same price too but you got shipping and no shift ball. Figure I can sell the handle and ball from the triax.

[ December 31, 2011, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Secnd2nun64 ]

Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just ordered the triax. Should be here sometime next week. [Big Grin]
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice. thats exactly what i did is sell the ball and handle which made the shifter that much cheaper! only b!tch is if you bought it through yates on Ebay make sure they have it in stock. After a week and a half i didnt see it and called them and they were like "oh yeah we forgot to tell you we were out but they are due to arrive in todays or tomorrows shipment 3 weeks later I had my shifter. luckly I was in no hurry!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

It said they had seven available and they had 99% positive feedback so hopefully all will be good and come in on time. If not, ebay will hear about it! lol Next project will be a stronger gearset for the t5 or a repaint. Haven't decided yet. All these freshly painted cars on here lately are getting me tempted to bring out the sandpaper.
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stronger gear set 1st! Any videos of your rig running?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

No videos. The engine has about 40 miles on it right now though. Even with the roller cam, it sounds a lot like my 289. Just maybe a little louder, same tones. Main difference is the off the line power. I haven't given any more than half throttle so far. I imagine the car is going to be pushing on the edge of scary under boost.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com