Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 2011 5.0 - Bad Rod Bearing Already! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 2011 5.0 - Bad Rod Bearing Already!
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i could be wrong and what not.... but the oil could be seeping into new block and rotaing assm. it is a fresh motor. i know most motors dont really take that much. as shaun said could just be the oil ford is using. im unsure as to my self. i havent even seen a new 5.0 up close. but it seems as if you can get past this 5-7k miles thing is a monster. u cant expect a new mechanical product to just rev the fuck out with out checking on it. i know if i ever get the chance to buy a new car ide check it ever 300-400 miles or a new motor. ford is doing good power wise.... lets just hope the motors just dont suck

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50DADDY:
Ive got a buddy who had the same thing happen to his and its stock.It couldnt've had more than 5k on it either.Used up all the oil.This SHOULD NOT happen to a brand new car,i know you should check your fluids but this is ridiculous.

You may be right but at the same time you should inspect the car even more when its brand new..don't all you guys remember that many of the old 5.0s would use oil from Day one. Infact many times between oil changes you would Have to add a quart or so. I'm not saying it should be using that much oil. But how dumb is the owner as in the 5k miles he drove he never check the oil. This is performance car an let's not forget performance cars have always need to.be check on regulary.

[ November 28, 2011, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Beastly GT500 TVS ]

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
i could be wrong and what not.... but the oil could be seeping into new block and rotaing assm. it is a fresh motor. i know most motors dont really take that much. as shaun said could just be the oil ford is using. im unsure as to my self. i havent even seen a new 5.0 up close. but it seems as if you can get past this 5-7k miles thing is a monster. u cant expect a new mechanical product to just rev the fuck out with out checking on it. i know if i ever get the chance to buy a new car ide check it ever 300-400 miles or a new motor. ford is doing good power wise.... lets just hope the motors just dont suck

What else is wired is that the new 5.0 has an 8qt oil pan setup..which is a lot more than just about any other stock mustang in the past. So it must be using a lot an fast.

--------------------
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Broke4.6
¯
Member # 9085

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Broke4.6  Ford pictures for Broke4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A lot of people do not check there oil on new cars and this is the result to what happens!! It's like an ls1 or any high performance motor..they use a little bit of oil..check it regularlary and you won't have a problem! That's my 2 cents anyway

--------------------
01 GT -lazer red- 32v swap

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

quote:
Originally posted by Broke4.6:
A lot of people do not check there oil on new cars and this is the result to what happens!! It's like an ls1 or any high performance motor..they use a little bit of oil..check it regularlary and you won't have a problem! That's my 2 cents anyway

Exactly

--------------------
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look,i love Fords and the new 5.0 as much as any Mustang guy,probably more.But this is embarrassing to see,and i know some new designs have theyre bugs.But NO,i mean NO new car should use that much oil or spin a bearing with less than 10K miles,come on.Theres no legitimate excuse,i still love the new engine but wow.Theyve gotta get to the bottom of this.Id still take a 12 second 2011/12 5.0 over an 8 second Chevy though. [Razz]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
8qt pan and it can burn all that in 5k miles. wtf

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

50DADDY
CAFords OG
Member # 3076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50DADDY  Ford pictures for 50DADDY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowStockFox:
8qt pan and it can burn all that in 5k miles. wtf

This.

[ November 29, 2011, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: 50DADDY ]

--------------------
"Im not stupid,i just act that way so i dont make you dummies uncomfortable."

"Old age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill."

Posts: 4827 | From: Suckramento | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
TORTA
¯
Member # 8319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TORTA  Ford pictures for TORTA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank god I cant afford one.

--------------------
Highspeed Motorsports

2003 Mustang SVT Whippled "Christina"

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This isn't a Ford fuck up at all. I was just talking to an ex chevy tech and he told me about how they do the same thing with the Z06 motors.... They also have an extensive break in time too.
You should check the damn oil in your car anyways every other week!

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since you guys are on the topic, i have a 2007 gt wit 62k on the clock. i want to use mobil 1 full synthetic. will it be fine or start leaking oil like foxes. btw this is my first mustang that isnt a fox.
Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slowback67:
This isn't a Ford fuck up at all. I was just talking to an ex chevy tech and he told me about how they do the same thing with the Z06 motors.... They also have an extensive break in time too.
You should check the damn oil in your car anyways every other week!

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this not covered by warranty?

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Y2K 281
¯
Member # 10132

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Y2K 281  Ford pictures for Y2K 281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
With how these cars are built and how crappy our gas can be I would just begin saving for a built shortblock the moment I sign the paperwork with the dealer.
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Y2K 281:
With how these cars are built and how crappy our gas can be I would just begin saving for a built shortblock the moment I sign the paperwork with the dealer.

This!
High compression, variable cam timing and crap fuel is why I run E85 in the shop 2012 5.0!
I have the Ford build and clearance specs for the Coyote.... Everything is tight for emissions standards. .006" top right gap tight.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com