Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » STATE REF QUESTIONS..NASTYSVT YOUR EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: STATE REF QUESTIONS..NASTYSVT YOUR EXPERIENCE IS NEEDED
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda dumb to have a daily driver with longtubes/no cats/no smog equipment/no carb numbers/non smoggable cam. We're in California!
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
FKMPG
¯
Member # 11005

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FKMPG  Ford pictures for FKMPG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
State riff is not a big deal. They only look for the 4 catts h pipe stock mufflers cattback tail pipes. And a stock air box. You could use aftermarket headers and you can't use flow master cause its still to loud to pass. Just passed mine a month ago. It wasn't too bad after all. They don't check if you could pass smog either. Text me if you need more info. 209-751-9891

--------------------
BUILT NOT BOUGHT...

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
so today on my way home from work i was getting on the freeway and chp pulled me over and gave me a ticket for:
-27150 modified/loud exhaust
-27156 modified emissions
and i was told i need to pay our good friends the state ref a visit...so ive head of people just paying a fine and and not having to visit state ref...will all this info be included in the packet ill recive in a couple of weeks? or what do i need to do to avoid state ref? i know phil(nastysvy) has gone thru this s im kinda looking forward to his answers but anyone that can contribiute plz do..thx

I went to court, plead guilty and got my fine reduced..asked for community service, and gonna have my boy sign it off..lol..simple as that [patriot] and sorry to hear the bad news

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i paid 450 to make mine go away back in 08 or 09. i think it would have been more if he wrote me up for exhaust but he wrote me up for intake. so i paid my 450 and it went away no visit to the ref.

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got reffed for enadequate exhaust and modified exhaust(I was open downpipe [Cool] ) I never received the letter in the mail. I went to my scheduled court date on my ticket, the clerk said it wasn't in the system. I needed to wait 2-3 weeks and go check again. I'm going on Monday, if its still not in the system its dismissed [Big Grin]

--------------------
-American Revolution-

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one more question...the cop said i cant drive my car on the street untill its fixed..is this true?

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
Wait its the car from your sig, u done all that and only ran a 14.1 lol but just pay the fine u will be good and cops are always going to pull that shit of dont drive your car. Last time an officer told me that i told him well the only way i wont drive my car cause u say so is if u own it.

lol i didnt have gears or suspension when i ran that..lol but yea i plan on paying it but its gonna have to sit till i pay it
Interesting.. You didn't have gears when you went to track last.

[ October 14, 2011, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Catfish ]

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Catfish:
quote:
quote:
Wait its the car from your sig, u done all that and only ran a 14.1 lol but just pay the fine u will be good and cops are always going to pull that shit of dont drive your car. Last time an officer told me that i told him well the only way i wont drive my car cause u say so is if u own it.

lol i didnt have gears or suspension when i ran that..lol but yea i plan on paying it but its gonna have to sit till i pay it
Interesting.. You didn't have gears when you went to track last.
lol edit: suspension..lol and i let a friend set my timing and he said it was at 14 but it was really at 21..

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

AR_Stang
351W
Member # 10223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AR_Stang  Ford pictures for AR_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
one more question...the cop said i cant drive my car on the street untill its fixed..is this true?

Yup its true. Atleast thats wat it says on the ref sticker on my ticket.

--------------------
-American Revolution-

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I'm pretty sure that was with gears lol.. just go pay the fine and get it over with. Phil ended up having to go to court to try to get the fine reduced a bit and that was it.

[ October 15, 2011, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: SLOWSN95 ]

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com