Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Fastest production car you can buy for under $25K (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Fastest production car you can buy for under $25K
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Then:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2632799750.html

E55 AMG

12.4/112-116 depending on mag

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CornOil_&_Boost:
if you were willing spend up to $33K..

you coud also have this

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2641648600.html

BMW M5 2006 - $32900 (san jose south)

just be ready for maintenance costs...which can be in the$1,000's...

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/m5/2006/tco.html

5 year JUST for maintenance is $12,000... the E55 is going to be more than that....

oh and look at insurance too [Smile]

Yes, the latest generation M5 is very impressive (also run about 115mph+ in the quarter), but they are disqualified here for being well over budget. That one you linked is the cheapest one on CL and still many thousands over $25K

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
1990 ZR1 for 18,500 on the web for sale right now.....

Dan, good choice...

Looking at this web-site below, there seems to be a huge variety in performance numbers for the ZR-1 ranging from 105 - 118mph for the Lingenfelter. I'm struggling with this one since it is such a rarity and there seems to be so much variation.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c4/zr1/zr1perf.html

--------------------
Stangless

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:

Dan, good choice...

Looking at this web-site below, there seems to be a huge variety in performance numbers for the ZR-1 ranging from 105 - 118mph for the Lingenfelter. I'm struggling with this one since it is such a rarity and there seems to be so much variation.

My boss in 94 had a 90 and a 95calloway. One trapped 117 and one 130 I drove both. Don't remember if they were stock. He died of cancer a few yrs ago

--------------------

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Good call on the viper too, but not likely for $25K or under.

You can find them for under $25k, but would you want them? That's another story

Ebay: 1994 Viper $24500

Ebay: 1996 Viper $24999

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fox body ftw. buy one for 1k and put 24k into it and have more performance than all those other cars [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
Fastest or quickest for $25k? You can find Lotus Esprit S4's for 25k. They're not super quick, but an honest 165 top speed. Mid-2000's AMG's are a good deal if you want to hit the 155mph limiter.

A quick car for sure with ~280hp and just under 3000lbs. I am having trouble finding trap speed information, but the quart mile numbers aren't too impressive at mid to low 13's

http://www.carspecsdirectory.com/Lincoln_Lotus_Marcos.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

Not easy to get them under $25K either.

--------------------
Stangless

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think the c5 z06 is gonna take the cake here...you can find them cheaper than 03 cobras and are alot faster.

oh and no one mentioned a regular old c5 vette?

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
M5 BMW 2002 and up

SLK32 AMG

94 and up supra turbo cars (hard to find stock and under 25K go quick)

The E39 M5 made 400hp (probably optimistic) but trapped 108-109mph from the sources I have seen... no soup for the E39 M5.

The SLK32 AMG runs right in the ballpark of the E39.

And the 94 Supra Turbo is similar to the GNX. They were rediculously fast with basic mods, but they weren't running 116mph right off the showroom floor like an E55.

So it looks like the top of the chart is still the C5 Z06 and the 03-06 E55. We can perhaps put the ZR1 up there in the appropriate trim, but they were so rare, that I'd rather ignore this one.

Anyone else got a car that can trap over 115-116mph and comes in under $25K straight off the showroom floor?

[ October 10, 2011, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by a302juGRnuat:
i think the c5 z06 is gonna take the cake here...you can find them cheaper than 03 cobras and are alot faster.

Agree with the C5 Zo6 comment.

Nobody mentioned the regular C5 because it traps 109-110mph and is in line with many of the cars already mentioned.

--------------------
Stangless

a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Nobody mentioned the regular C5 because it traps 109-110mph and is in line with many of the cars already mentioned.

yeah its already in the 03 cobra ball park but i was just thinking they were forgetten since no one even mentioned it.

now that i think about it, if you were to make a thread on the fastest 10k under cars, c5 would prolly make that listlol.

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:
quote:

Nobody mentioned the regular C5 because it traps 109-110mph and is in line with any of the cars already mentioned.

yeah its already in the 03 cobra ball park but i was just thinking they were forgetten since no one even mentioned it.

now that i think about it, if you were to make a thread on the fastest 10k under cars, c5 would prolly make that listlol.

If we continued and made one for under $2.5K, the fox would be king, LOL

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Drum-roll:

-

And the champions of the fastest stockproduction cars readily available today for under $25K goes to:

-

-

GAME OVER! Thanks for playing.

-

--------------------
Stangless

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
No matter what I just CANT get away from foxbodies I dont know WHAT in the hell my problem is.

I have the opposite feeling. I never want to own one again, lol.

--------------------
Stangless

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
No matter what I just CANT get away from foxbodies I dont know WHAT in the hell my problem is.

Sweet!!!! More out there for others!!!

You sure? Coupes look good without wings!

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
quote:
quote:

Never say never, but I am 99.99% sure. You can have them all Dan. [patriot]

--------------------
Stangless

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never say never, but I am 99.99% sure. You can have them all Dan. [patriot]
They're ALL mine, mine!!!!!!

Lol

Nah one is enough to feed and clean up after.

--------------------

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pontiac 2009 G8 GXP

415hp 415tq LS3 6speed

13.2 sec 1/4 mile

5.0 0-60 on a cold track with traction issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZAQfRMEHU

gona be right at or slightly over the 25k mark from kbb.com for 45,000 miles and flawless inside and out

[ October 10, 2011, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: 915.0gt ]

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by 915.0gt:
pontiac 2009 G8 GXP

415hp 415tq LS3 6speed

13.2 sec 1/4 mile

5.0 0-60 on a cold track with traction issues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHZAQfRMEHU

gona be right at or slightly over the 25k mark from kbb.com for 45,000 miles and flawless inside and out

It definitely belongs in the conversation. Motor Trend is showing 109-110mph trap speed which puts it about 5-6mph shy of the E55 and Z06.

--------------------
Stangless

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my friend bought the g8 gt before it came in the gxp and its SUPER luxury, seat heaters, nice leather everything, its deffinantly a nice car, and with the LS series motors they make good power

the first day he got it we unbolted the mufflers

100% stock

-

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
Fastest or quickest for $25k? You can find Lotus Esprit S4's for 25k. They're not super quick, but an honest 165 top speed. Mid-2000's AMG's are a good deal if you want to hit the 155mph limiter.

A quick car for sure with ~280hp and just under 3000lbs. I am having trouble finding trap speed information, but the quart mile numbers aren't too impressive at mid to low 13's

http://www.carspecsdirectory.com/Lincoln_Lotus_Marcos.htm

http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/ford/performance1.htm

Not easy to get them under $25K either.

The SE had the same amount of power as the S4 (265ish). The S4S had 300hp. Those are a tad bit harder to find for $25k, more like $35k, but SE's and S4's pop up on Ebay all the time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lotus-Esprit-1991-Lotus-Esprit-SE-5-Speed-w-Only-23K-Miles-/250905812821?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a6b26df55

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1989-Lotus-Esprit-SE-Turbo-8K-Original-Miles-Pristine-NO-RESERVE-/270827134884?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3f0e8e1fa4

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To me best car all around for that price would be the e55. It's a car that no matter how old it is its just plain badass

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
To me best car all around for that price would be the e55. It's a car that no matter how old it is its just plain badass

It's not that old lol (03-06)

--------------------
Stangless

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:

It's not that old lol (03-06)
lol i know but i could see this car in 10 years and still be sexy

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
BackwardSnake
¯
Member # 10857

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackwardSnake  Ford pictures for BackwardSnake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

Dan, good choice...

My boss in 94 had a 90 and a 95calloway. One trapped 117 and one 130 I drove both. Don't remember if they were stock. He died of cancer a few yrs ago
Did he own the Pennzoil Oil Change place in Martinez, I believe his name was Doug?

--------------------
Hi, my name is Jimmy Herrera aka 91Trunkster (510)375-1589 and I got snitched out by my friend or friends. Ain't that a bitch, some one or some people would rat out my fake account here to keep their own secret fake account? If you all forgot, I'm an old ass 30 something year old "man" that likes to make internet friends with boys fresh out of highschool. I like to post "bruh" a lot just like the annoying immature and ghetto CAFords kids do. I like to talk shit about this website, make it look bad, all the while trying to make and save money off of other members here. Some may call me a selfish immature bitch. Deep down I know they are correct, it's not like I have anything else going on in my life or anything but negativity to offer this community. This is a free site. Suckers spend good time and money to keep this website going. They're suckers for doing so, so fuck them, I'm going to take them for all they got. It's all about me in this world.

Who is the next troll or just plain annoying post whore to get the boot???

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/megamallard/guaposheep.jpg

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com