Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » im off to the police acadamy guys (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: im off to the police acadamy guys
2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its definatly going to be tuff,not easy by anymeans

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck bro n o yeah I don't stop for no cop in tha Roush [Wink]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck [patriot] n please dont pull me over for [BS flag] lol jk jk
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what all goes into the process of becoming a police officer??
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wish you the best of luck and keep in mind that you can accomplish anything u want as long as u focus on what your doing..Good luck buddy.... [patriot]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nice! ur about to be getting paid, just dont go into it with any exoectations and take one day at a time and u will be fine. expect it to suck and it wont dissapoint u! if anything u will be juiced when u get a not so rough day haha
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish you the best man listen to your intructors and your FTO's once you get hired on by an agency and you won't have a problem and lol hope you like running but I'm sure your family member has already filled you in on the basics.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mas puto

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18535 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Puro Tone switching sides... That's fkd up! Good luck tho and remember that u can't give anyone with a cafords sticker a ticket, unless he's a dick head.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been thinking about this on and off for the past few years too. I have a couple boys that are sfpd and a buddy of mine is going through the process right now. Only thing that really makes me think twice is I have a young family and my current job pays decent and is pretty much easy money. But the excitement factor of being a cop has always gone through my mind which is why I'm always thinking about it.

Good luck with it and just remember who you were before you became a cop. A lot of people change entirely after getting sworn in and they become dicks!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Goodluck bro!! Im actually in the bay bcuz i have a written exam for Alameda County sherriffs department in the morning... Hopefully ill be attending one pretty soon... Good luck again bro!! [patriot]
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
ive been wanting to do something useful and make some good money,being broke is no joke,i have a sister that is a police officer and shes been insisting that i go threw with it and sign up for the acadamy,so i made my mind up and will soon become a police odficer ,my sister has a few people she knows thay can pull some strings and get me in so ill be set ,sorry guys no more kids shit for me,nothing but patrol and serving/protecting our community ...ive always wanted to be a police officer, so now i just have to study hard, just felt like sharing

p.s.-no i wont sign tickets off

Don't mean to be a bubble burster but you don't just become a cop over night. You still got to have basic grammar skills, pass back ground, physical and of course the psychological. Depending on how much there hurting to fill positions those cards you have to play will come in handy. I'm just trying to be real and not insult you. I like your enthusiasm and you'll need to keep that positive spirit the whole way.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
ive been wanting to do something useful and make some good money,being broke is no joke,i have a sister that is a police officer and shes been insisting that i go threw with it and sign up for the acadamy,so i made my mind up and will soon become a police odficer ,my sister has a few people she knows thay can pull some strings and get me in so ill be set ,sorry guys no more kids shit for me,nothing but patrol and serving/protecting our community ...ive always wanted to be a police officer, so now i just have to study hard, just felt like sharing

Don't mean to be a bubble burster but you don't just become a cop over night. You still got to have basic grammar skills, pass back ground, physical and of course the psychological. Depending on how much there hurting to fill positions those cards you have to play will come in handy. I'm just trying to be real and not insult you. I like your enthusiasm and you'll need to keep that positive spirit the whole way.
+1 - Agreed.

I know a few folks that are in and it wasn't easy by all means. Everything goes smooth until your BI (backgroung investigator) comes in contact with you. You'll know what i mean when you meet your BI.

Goodluck and wish you the best [patriot] [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't mean to busy your bubble but I'm a know it all that wants to express myself blah blah blah.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cops are being laid off all over the state. LEO jobs are scarce right now. If an agency has a vacancy they will hire laterals before an academy graduate.

A good buddy of mine is on his 4th department in 2 years having been laid off from 3 different agencies due to continuing budget cuts. It's not getting better anytime soon.

Good luck.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remember there is a lot more to it than just passing the academy. I know a few people who have and still couldn't get on due to issues in their background or not passing the psych test. Good luck tho man.
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Good luck!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC70STANG:
Don't mean to busy your bubble but I'm a know it all that wants to express myself blah blah blah.

Lmaooo ... Puro hate. Looks like maybe someone still is not a cop or dint pass? Good luck cousin . I know you will pass every test on there just like ur sister bro. Another hispanic in our family in Law [patriot]

[ July 31, 2011, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: Eddie510- ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So that's why u stopped smoking... Changed ur life!

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

1SLWFOX
¯
Member # 5779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLWFOX  Ford pictures for 1SLWFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eh vahli

--------------------
The Anti-crew
187Performance
------------------------
1979 notchback
1988 notchback
302 B-Cam, GT40s, cobra Intake, and exhaust

Posts: 583 | From: Westcoast1320 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"man you just lost coo points with me fool" [Razz]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com