Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » My Doberman got into a Fight! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Doberman got into a Fight!
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Id change my post title from my dogs first fight to just my dog got into a fight.

Some folks may take it the wrong way like you plan another or some shit.

I know you are not that type of dude at all, you are a family man but just sayin.

Dan

Dan,

You have a point, I chaned the title to my doberman got into a fight!

Thanks
navid

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89TRUNK:
My current doderman, Rocky
 -

i don't know if you've owned them before but my last two were very defensive around other big male dogs when they reached around 2. Both were family dogs around small kids and other small dogs.

Duke (my dobi) looks just like your dog and your right he is two and the other big dog was a male. This is my first doberman and I love him, he is so friendly and nice with my boys. I do plan on getting another one in the future, but I want one that is a year old and trained like a k9.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
QUOTE]Duke (my dobi) looks just like your dog and your right he is two and the other big dog was a male. This is my first doberman and I love him, he is so friendly and nice with my boys. I do plan on getting another one in the future, but I want one that is a year old and trained like a k9. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I had to stop taking mine to dog parks, he's good with other dogs and people but just bigger dogs and actually German Shepards are what mine got into a couple scraps with. Dobermans are extremely smart and protective of their family.

*BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R
¯
Member # 5400

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Ford pictures for *BlownMach1*- TRMYN8R  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
First off sorry to hear about your dog, glad he'll be ok....

as for shooting other dogs, normally most dogs are afraid of water, all you need to do if you are able to is grab the garden hose and shoot the dog with water, this will scare him off without killing him... I think shooting somebody else's dog is a bit extreme except for certain circumstances..

I agree.. As a adult u have to make the right decision.. In navids case he made the best decision.. Dogs get in fights.. They are a dominant species and protect their own territory so shooting the other dog is a little extreme.. If ur son gets in a fight with the neibor kid are u going to shoot the other kid? NO!!! Now if the dog was attacking my kids then I promise that dog will have a 40 cal bullet in it's head fast! Same as if the kid next door attacks ur kid with a weapon of any sort.. Once again it comes down to the situation and making the best decision as a responsible adult!

--------------------
88 notch- MM&FF June 2014 feature car
93 cobra #1879
90 hatch "Wifey's"
14 F150
89 mastercraft- wake tower with some sound

Team True Forged!!!

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you are defending your self/you famil or any thing you own against a attacking animal and wether you intended to kill it or not the owner of attacking animal cant do anything about it wether is on your property or on the street..when i was younger i was attacked by a dog while i was riding my skateboard and i had my knife on me and i pulled it and stabbed the dog killing it..the owner tried to sue my parents but it didnt happen due to me defending my self..i mean yea i felt like shit for the longest time for killing someones pet but id rather it be them than me

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take those dogs to AED

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You must have control of your dogs at all times according to civil cases so both of you were in the wrong

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Vndcatr:
quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
quote:
Originally posted by dirty money inc:
i take it both dogs were not on lesh's

Correct! The guy claimed that his dog got out of the leash (I call [BS flag] ). My dog was off the leash, on my property and like I said the main road is about 50-75 feet from my house.
Sucks but both you guys are in the wrong by your dog no being on a leash or on a chain you dog would be the agresser an you would be at fualt for you do running up on to the gut walking his dog
Since when is someone in the Wrong for not having a leash on their dog on their OWN property??

That is the dumbest thing ive heard [Roll Eyes]

I agree but I also got a friendly visit from an animal control
My neighbors reported me as having a loose dog infront of my yard.keep in mind my dogs was only about 4/5 months at the time.they handed me a hand book with rules and one of them is I must have my dogs on a leash at all time.they
Said I can be fined if iam caught outside even in my property(drive way or front yard) of not having them on a leash.glad your dobi is okay and I bet he was protecting your kids..

[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com