Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Road Racing Mustangs (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Road Racing Mustangs
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SAV650HAB:
that was pretty sick [burnout]

+1

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Damn Tim you've done a lot to your car since I seen it last. Did you build a new motor as well?. Looking pretty functional to me buddy

I'm still rockin' the same old 302. 3 years of open tracking 2 years of time trialing and 8 races and it's still going. I might shed a tear when this one blows.
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by lucius50fox:
man ive always loved road racing but is the stuff you run hella hard? like mandatory roll cage and specific brakes and all that or is it be safe and run what you brung if it passes inspection

For beginners its run what you brung as long as you pass inspection. I believe the type of wheel to wheel racing as seen in the video requires special licensing and has more rules for the cars raced. i would sign up but i know my car would never pass inspection to get on the track and the funds arent there at the moment but thank you for sharing your knowledge. i appreciate your not a shit talker and you want others who are interested to go for it finally lol [patriot]

If you're interested in it you really should try it. I've always enjoyed bringing my car through canyon roads and taking turns fast, but driving on a real track with other fast drivers/cars is like no other! If you want to try it, sign up for the event next Saturday at Infineon/Sears Point hosted by Trackmasters Racing...they still have available spots in the beginner group (which I'm signed up for)!

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Damn Tim you've done a lot to your car since I seen it last. Did you build a new motor as well?. Looking pretty functional to me buddy

I'm still rockin' the same old 302. 3 years of open tracking 2 years of time trialing and 8 races and it's still going. I might shed a tear when this one blows.
I still remember the day I showed up to by your old coupe.

FUCK IT PICTURES!!!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR
07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Posts: 609 | From: Campbell, CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a nice 8x12 photo of your car going into turn 11 at Thunderhill. It was taken at a Shelby Club event in 2007.

Let me know if you want it.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BizKitBrain...thats a hell of a ride you got there! Must be a blast on the track for sure [burnout]

[ May 24, 2011, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIzKitBrAIn  Ford pictures for BIzKitBrAIn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
I have a nice 8x12 photo of your car going into turn 11 at Thunderhill. It was taken at a Shelby Club event in 2007.

Let me know if you want it.

I do I do Thx Steve!! When ya gonne be at Morello's again?

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll drop it off at Campbell Glass late this afternoon.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wish I could afford AI or AIX. 24 hours of lemons is about the best bang for your buck though so I am going to stick with that series. Hopefully someday I will be able to join you guys.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
Wish I could afford AI or AIX. 24 hours of lemons is about the best bang for your buck though so I am going to stick with that series. Hopefully someday I will be able to join you guys.

My boss and I were talking about this (he's a pro grand am series racer) the only thing about Lemons is, it was suposed to be cheap and fun but it has gotten more on the expensive side because you see teams "building lemons cars" a year out to only get completely destroyed. To me if your gonna spend the money building a car to race just spend the money ya know what I mean.

[ May 24, 2011, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: BIzKitBrAIn ]

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
BizKitBrain...thats a hell of a ride you got there! Must be a blast on the track for sure [burnout]

Thanks man, it is. I'm hoping to get out to more events I'm just trying to move past the uhaul trailer stage.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

BIzKitBrAIn
¯
Member # 4018

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
I'll drop it off at Campbell Glass late this afternoon.

Sweet I'm working from home today, gotta do the brakes on the wifes car so I'll swing by and see how that two quart cum drinking bastard is doing.

--------------------
89 LX Track Whore
08 Saturn Aura XR

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BIzKitBrAIn:
quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:

My boss and I were talking about this (he's a pro grand am series racer) the only thing about Lemons is, it was suposed to be cheap and fun but it has gotten more on the expensive side because you see teams "building lemons cars" a year out to only get completely destroyed. To me if your gonna spend the money building a car to race just spend the money ya know what I mean.
We will be going on our 8th race with our 300z. Only general maintenenace. Best finish was 9th out of 186 cars. Only repair we usually need to do after a race is wheel bearings and fenders. Other then that the racing is pretty clean.
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com