Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Can we get an iPhone app for CAFords? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Can we get an iPhone app for CAFords?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
LOL, who the F speaks to people on their phones nowadays? Thats what texting is for, god forbid you'd have to listen to someones real voice every once in a while?

word!!! I even got google voice so that helps me further avoid actual conversation....lol
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is this the phone your working with Fasthatch?

-

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

OWNED
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

nope thats too modern. This

-

[ August 31, 2010, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

-

NOPE HAVE A SMART PHONE JUST LIKE EVERBODY ELSE DOES I JUST DON'T ENJOY HAVIG A LEASH ON ME AT ALL TIMES
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
To be completely fair, cafords is far more pleasant to browse with my BB Bold than corral or svtperformance since there is so much more data being transfered with those sites.

When it comes to tech forums, simple is usually better imho.

Only problem I have with cafords other than the average IQ (lol) is that the search function is essentially useless.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
LOL, who the F speaks to people on their phones nowadays? Thats what texting is for, god forbid you'd have to listen to someones real voice every once in a while?

word!!! I even got google voice so that helps me further avoid actual conversation....lol
lol, I'm with you guys... If I don't have to, I don't want to talk to anyone by voice unless it is extremely urgent. I'm wondering what the root of that is:

1.) Email/text allows me to "get" to things when I have time
2.) Email/text prevents me from being pulled away from what I am doing at that moment.
3.) Email/text prevents me from having to make commitments on the spot but rather to think about an issue before responding.

EMAIL/TEXT FTMFW! LOL

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

lol, I'm with you guys... If I don't have to, I don't want to talk to anyone by voice unless it is extremely urgent. I'm wondering what the root of that is:

2.) Email/text prevents me from being pulled away from what I am doing at that moment.
3.) Email/text prevents me from having to make commitments on the spot but rather to think about an issue before responding.

EMAIL/TEXT FTMFW! LOL

DON'T ANSWER YOUR PHONE PROBLEM SOLVED
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

EMAIL/TEXT FTMFW! LOL

Man I screen everythang. Google voice allows you to group your callers and it transcribes (well tries, it messes up on my country folks pretty bad). And I text bank, text talk and my email runs through my phone (all my accounts). I even make word docs and excel sheets on my phone. I would be lost without...lol.

GOOGLE VOICE/EMAIL/TEXT FTMFW

[ August 31, 2010, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i used cafords on my 1st gen iphone with no problems... some other forums are alot harder to use. i hated being on caford with my blackberry... i had to scroll down a whole page to get to the F.S section

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

EMAIL/TEXT FTMFW! LOL

Man I screen everythang. Google voice allows you to group your callers and it transcribes (well tries, it messes up on my country folks pretty bad). And I text bank, text talk and my email runs through my phone (all my accounts). I even make word docs and excel sheets on my phone. I would be lost without...lol.

The one thing i do miss about land lines is the voicemail screening. You know when someone calls and you let the machine pick it up and you hear the people calling. You can choose to pickup the call or let it continue to record. Now N8, if you could write some code or phone app that lets you do that, you'd be one rich dude and be able to get your cobra a new paint job it deserves.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

EMAIL/TEXT FTMFW! LOL

The one thing i do miss about land lines is the voicemail screening. You know when someone calls and you let the machine pick it up and you hear the people calling. You can choose to pickup the call or let it continue to record. Now N8, if you could write some code or phone app that lets you do that, you'd be one rich dude and be able to get your cobra a new paint job it deserves.
lmao...too late google voice does that. I can pick up the phone and send them to voicemail and listen as they talk and pick up if I want to.

Actually I think I will check the Iphone SDK, there may be a hook to that in there. Because googe voice I heard dont work on Iphone.

[ August 31, 2010, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Are you serious? I need to find out about this google voice thing then, someones making millions now!
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Are you serious? I need to find out about this google voice thing then, someones making millions now!

Yup and their Cobra is painted too.
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Pics or ban!

The saleen is getting paint, buff and sand tomorrow. Might end up having a blower on it too by the time its out.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

Pics or ban!

The saleen is getting paint, buff and sand tomorrow. Might end up having a blower on it too by the time its out.

not me foo.....I wouldnt associate with the likes of ya'll if I were making millions....lol [worship] [burnout]

But cobra is gettin painted.

[ August 31, 2010, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Google voice allows you to screen calls by having the other party state their name before you pick up the call. You can't just listen in on them like an old answering machine and pickup.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
Google voice allows you to screen calls by having the other party state their name before you pick up the call. You can't just listen in on them like an old answering machine and pickup.

Yes you can I do it all the time. It says press "1" to join call, when they are talking.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:

Yes you can I do it all the time. It says press "1" to join call, when they are talking.
Nm you are right. I forgot you could also send them to voicemail and then press star.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com