Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Smog Police out in Concord/WC area (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Smog Police out in Concord/WC area
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Wasteful spending if you ask me

[patriot]
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SFvert:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Only thing car guys can do is spread awareness.

Someone should start a web-site that maps where these mobile ambush stations are set up on a daily basis. Spread the site name around all the CA car sites. If it got big enough it would send a message that car guys are paying attention.

The BAR is claiming that they are doing this to gauge the effectiveness of current smog protocols and procedures.

But it is our tax money, it is our time, and this sort of testing is skewed because they DO profile cars.

I still have a hard time believing that you MUST by law submit to this sort of testing against your wishes.

If anyone has proof of the law requiring this, please show us.

found it
damn bastards,

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d02/vc2814.htm

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d02/vc2806.htm

here is a pic of one they had in so cal so people know what to expect if they see this ahead.
http://my350z.com/forum/southern-california/469276-beware-of-chp-smog-check-checkpoints.html

Insane. The amount of $$$ being spent to single people out one by one must be astronomical.

Of course they will argue that they gaining statistics for the effectiveness of the current SMOG Check protocols in the state of CA.

I just have a hard time believing that this testing is 100% random and "high profile" cars like ours are not being targeted.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly this is bullshit.

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sic Wit it 50:
do they only pull cars over randomly i mean shyt i know that not doing every car that passes

Just as random as traffic stops at the border for mexicans. Im guessing they'd be stopping all mustangs as fast as they pull over black dudes in Rocklin.
Mineralgt
¯
Member # 9909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mineralgt  Ford pictures for Mineralgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that's bullsh*t but i guess i am happy my car is stock lol

--------------------
02 GT Vert

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It'd be interersting to see my car go up on that mobile smog dyno voluntarily. No carb numbers for most all parts, no smog equipment, long tube headers with no cats, and have it burn cleaner than some stock foxes - illegal as fuck. Then Blast the video all over youtube...

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com