Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Since when is Elk Grove the Ghetto? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Since when is Elk Grove the Ghetto?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
It is funny because I grew up in some extreme ghetto-ness so when ya'll say ghetto, I do not see it the same. But I agree thievery sucks.

It don't matter what the houses look like N8, its about the people who dwell within & around them. Elk Grove & South sac may look decent, but trust me, there are some parts that aren't that nice...

Sacramento ghetto's look much different than East Oakland, or other inner city ghetto's, but it doesn't matter how it looks on the outside, the ghetto people are the same.

Have you ever been to Del Paso Heights? That is a pretty rough area IMO, but I work over there all the time, inspecting the fire extinguishers in some of the most ran down apartment complexes in town, so it really doesn't bother me much...

Now the neighborhood that Chavez took a pic of the Acura in, thats not ghetto, but like someone said before, its close to South Sac & Florin Rd, so the thieves come out here to look for gold LOL..

I feel you, not judgin. But I came from 9th Ward NOLA to West Oakland. If you havent lived in the PJ's man its a whole diff ball game. West Oakland seemed like paradise when I moved here.

But no matter where you at this crime sucks. And hard cats live everywhere so..... So not saying I am harder than anybody. But if all you gotta worry about is your car on blocks that is not ghetto IMO.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
It is funny because I grew up in some extreme ghetto-ness so when ya'll say ghetto, I do not see it the same. But I agree thievery sucks.

It don't matter what the houses look like N8, its about the people who dwell within & around them. Elk Grove & South sac may look decent, but trust me, there are some parts that aren't that nice...

Sacramento ghetto's look much different than East Oakland, or other inner city ghetto's, but it doesn't matter how it looks on the outside, the ghetto people are the same.

Have you ever been to Del Paso Heights? That is a pretty rough area IMO, but I work over there all the time, inspecting the fire extinguishers in some of the most ran down apartment complexes in town, so it really doesn't bother me much...

Now the neighborhood that Chavez took a pic of the Acura in, thats not ghetto, but like someone said before, its close to South Sac & Florin Rd, so the thieves come out here to look for gold LOL..

I feel you, not judgin. But I came from 9th Ward NOLA to West Oakland. If you havent lived in the PJ's man its a whole diff ball game. West Oakland seemed like paradise when I moved here.

But no matter where you at this crime sucks. And hard cats live everywhere so..... So not saying I am harder than anybody. But if all you gotta worry about is your car on blocks that is not ghetto IMO.

i agree n8, i lold when someone told me antioch is like oaklnd...i said walk downtown oak and tell me its like antioch lol
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Most definitely, Elk Grove ain't ghetto like that, & it's nothing like the PJ's thats 4 sure. Its just that there is a lot of section 8 housing in the area, & lots of cats that think they're hard". Many of these people move out here from South sac, Fruitridge, Oak park, etc, & they bring the ghetto with them.

Like I said, its nothing compared to the Ghetto's of NOLA, Oakland, The Bronx, Compton, etc, but there are plenty of Dummies out here who aren't very smart & are quick to pull the trigger.

But take a drive down in Del Paso Heights one day & see for yourself, its like a mini Oakland.

[ July 24, 2010, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I live in Del Paso Heights but I'm always armed lol it's nowhere near some places. I just got back from Chicago man they just had three cops in full uniform shot and killed one for his motorcycle and one for his car and a third officer outside the police station the mayor of Chicago who is a F'n clown is getting pressure to bring the National Guard in. And the south yeah I went to NO and Alabama with an Army buddy when I was in the service MAN people live in shit down there that looks abandoned!
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And Elk Grove and Natomas got messed up when the city crumbled to pressue to make more affordable and section 8 housing, people from the bay and south sac oak park dph got themselves into the newer areas and messed it up. I remember when I was young living in the Heights people would talk about Elk Gorve like it was richville.

[ July 24, 2010, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont know guys I was talking to ELK grove Dodge/Ford some 20 years ago about a job. My wife and I grabed a local paper,some dude got shot in the park the day before. I went into a gass station used the restrooms and there was gang shit all over.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

89_Fakesnake
¯
Member # 1253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89_Fakesnake  Ford pictures for 89_Fakesnake  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
+1...

Sounds like my neighborhood. Chavez, I live right around the corner from you. I'm on the East side of Elk Grove Florin, off Vintage, & my street is nice, quiet, all the neighbors are cool, & look out for each other. But if you go west on Vintage, & cross over Elk Grove Florin, that side is hella ghetto nowadays.

I remember when Elk Grove was nice, but as it grew closer to South Sac, it went down hill. I grew up in South Sac off Mack Rd, & man that area is F'd up now...

I was right off of Valley Hi and Center Parkway up until about '92...my neighborhood got pretty bad within about 5 years after...when I'd go visit old friends I wouldn't let my car out of sight.

Elk Grove is just as bad - it has it's good/bad parts. But it's just like others are saying - these thieves go to nicer areas to steal - they don't stay in the ghetto to come up on some Les Schwab specials...

--------------------
1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (for sale)
1972 F100
2007 GSXR 1000

Posts: 480 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lets get real here, most of Sacramento is a ghetto. There's even a couple of mobile home parks out in Granite Bay. I grew up in westside Roseville, now thats ghetto! You had to kick someones ass real quick or become someones bitch out there. Go Tigers!
66_5.0
¯
Member # 9974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66_5.0  Ford pictures for 66_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I been in this same side of vintage park for 17 years. And it was good up until the apartments were built all around cuz it entices bad people. Now the high school up the street is gonna be open enrollment..hmm this area used to be nice.

--------------------
1966 Mustang

65mustang408
¯
Member # 8681

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 65mustang408  Ford pictures for 65mustang408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i live on the highway 5 side of EG its new houses but cheap to live.. last year flavor flave shot a episode for BET 4 houses down from me...

--------------------
fast and cool shit

Posts: 947 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Most definitely, Elk Grove ain't ghetto like that, & it's nothing like the PJ's thats 4 sure. Its just that there is a lot of section 8 housing in the area, & lots of cats that think they're hard". Many of these people move out here from South sac, Fruitridge, Oak park, etc, & they bring the ghetto with them.

Like I said, its nothing compared to the Ghetto's of NOLA, Oakland, The Bronx, Compton, etc, but there are plenty of Dummies out here who aren't very smart & are quick to pull the trigger.

But take a drive down in Del Paso Heights one day & see for yourself, its like a mini Oakland.

yea im in no way trying to say Elk Grove is Ghetto, i was just trying to be funny. I grew up in LA around Inglewood and Gardena, now those are bad areas sacramento looks nicer than the best parts of LA but it is getting worse. its just been a trend around the Vintage park area for people getting jacked and it pisses me off.

About 2 years ago someone got shot in front of my house and my house was shot as well when the shooter over shot and hit my room, when I saw that i couldnt believe it was in my area we moved here to get away from all that

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sacramento was very nice when i lived there.. It just went into the shitter so fast. Im in an area now where there are more cops then citizens and i have no problem with that because it keeps the ghetto ass hoodrats out
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com