Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Some updated pics of the FALEEN! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Some updated pics of the FALEEN!
KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks great! I almost powder coated my Saleens but, really liked the chromed look for me. One thing I did on my white Faleen was painted the frame under the radiator that you can see from the front through the largest part of the bumper flat black. As far as getting the the car to come down more, like some of the other guys said. Give it a little time to settle. Someone told me that the X2 ball joints from Steeda would help approx 1/2". I have no idea if this is true. Maybe one of the suspension gurus on here can tell you for sure. The car looks great and it always helps when the rest of the family takes intrest in your hobby. [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KeithStang7:
Looks great! I almost powder coated my Saleens but, really liked the chromed look for me. One thing I did on my white Faleen was painted the frame under the radiator that you can see from the front through the largest part of the bumper flat black. As far as getting the the car to come down more, like some of the other guys said. Give it a little time to settle. Someone told me that the X2 ball joints from Steeda would help approx 1/2". I have no idea if this is true. Maybe one of the suspension gurus on here can tell you for sure. The car looks great and it always helps when the rest of the family takes intrest in your hobby. [patriot]

Thanks man! I'll look into painting the radiator support flat black...it might clean up the look of the grill [patriot] As for the springs, yes, I should wait until they settle. Theyve only been in the car for a little over a week so hopefully by next week or so they'll be settled and my drop will look a bit more aggressive [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ClEan car Ian [patriot]

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It looks damn good, great job on doing it right... It will look much better once the springs settle...

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
very nice!

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lookz clean bro. post a before and after pic

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

ratfast
¯
Member # 8720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ratfast  Ford pictures for ratfast    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beautiful car. Love the all white.

--------------------
'93 White notch all stock

Posts: 604 | From: roseville, california | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Sic Beast:

Right on bro! Was that you I saw last week hopping onto 92? Your shit sounds good!

My before and after pics aren't too different, but the subtle changes really do it for me [patriot]

Before Front:

-
 -

After Front:

-
 -

Before Rear:

-

After Rear:

-

--------------------

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice work! I'm really diggin the way the rear looks. I still think you should put the snake in the front [Wink]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordRyderz510  Ford pictures for FordRyderz510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by Sic Beast:

Right on bro! Was that you I saw last week hopping onto 92? Your shit sounds good!

My before and after pics aren't too different, but the subtle changes really do it for me [patriot]

Before Front:

-
 -

After Front:

-
 -

Before Rear:

-

After Rear:

-

yeah im alwayz close to there. car looked good and lookz better now with the small detailz you did to it. i got a new exhaust. got a bassani xpipe no catz. soundz sick. buut my brother blew my clutch so itz down for now

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Rigo5.0:
Nice work! I'm really diggin the way the rear looks. I still think you should put the snake in the front [Wink]

Nah...I'm gonna keep the front looking "sleeperish" with the pony [Wink]

--------------------

FordRyderz510
¯
Member # 6771

+1 with the snake instead of the pony

--------------------
Ford Ryderz -Est. 2003
88' GT
96' GT
97' Saleen #17
94' GT-Sold

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bigger tips on the tail pipes would set it off back there also imo

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
eh, i'll try to keep this short. I've never been a fan of the fake Saleen's. But when they're done right, they're not bad. As long as the owners never try to pass them off as the real thing.

That being said, I really like your car. Especially now with the updated appearance... it looks sick! i agree that: 1. NO Cobra bumper is better, stick with all Saleen. 2. i think the pony in the front grill looks better than the snake. 3. Bigger exhaust tips would look okay, but not better than what you have now. The Borla intercooled tips are perfect for that car.

If i had to pick something to do, all i'd add are some of these headlights with an HID kit...

-

enjoy the car, and if you decide to sell, I always have cash-in-hand! I wanted the yellow 95 GTS dammit!

[ June 29, 2010, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
eh, i'll try to keep this short. I've never been a fan of the fake Saleen's. But when they're done right, they're not bad. As long as the owners never try to pass them off as the real thing.

That being said, I really like your car. Especially now with the updated appearance... it looks sick! i agree that: 1. NO Cobra bumper is better, stick with all Saleen. 2. i think the pony in the front grill looks better than the snake. 3. Bigger exhaust tips would look okay, but not better than what you have now. The Borla intercooled tips are perfect for that car.

If i had to pick something to do, all i'd add are some of these headlights with an HID kit...

-

enjoy the car, and if you decide to sell, I always have cash-in-hand! I wanted the yellow 95 GTS dammit!

I agree with you 100%! I'd never tell anyone that my car is a production Saleen-Cobra, but it's fun to hear people say it really looks like one. I honestly think the quality put into this car is actually better than that of my old 96 Saleen, and it was real! The body kit on my FALEEN was actually installed way cleaner and aligns much better then the kit on my real Saleen. As for the headlights, I actually have a set of smoked ones sitting in my trunk that I was going to install but I got dicked on a trade and have to give them back...it's a long story so I'm not even going to get into it [Roll Eyes]

As for the running pony and the exhaust tips, both are not going to change. The pony will stay to give the front end the "real" Saleen effect and the tips are definitely not going to get swapped out for for some cheesy 3" chrome tips. It'll take away from the "clone" since these are the actual tips that came on sn95 Saleens. I'll save the chrome tips for the guys with your everyday 40 series flowmasters [Razz]

And swapping the bumper to a cobra bumper is unheard of! Now why would I do such a thing on this car hahahhahaha?!?!

04s281...I used to always say that everything is for sale for the right price, but I don't think that comment applies for this car. Trust me, I've been offered buku bucks for my seats, but even with that, I don't think I'd sell them unless I have something equivalently rare and clean to replace them with. The car itself, it's staying here [Wink]

[ June 29, 2010, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What web site did you find those head lights!? I like those a lot! They appearto be of good quality. Again nice car! [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Venomousnotch
¯
Member # 8695

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomousnotch  Ford pictures for Venomousnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn Ian that shit looks really good bro..Keep up the good work....Its a definite keeper.... [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

--------------------
🏁•2004 MUSTANG SVT COBRA•🏁

"WHEN THE WHINING STARTS,IT MEANS JUSTICE IS ABOUT TO BE SERVED"..

Posts: 7604 | From: *NORTHERN*KILLA4NIA* | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good!

I agree it needs to come down in the front. My H&R race springs sat way high in the front of my 94GT and I needed to hack them to level the thing out...

1/2 coil cut -> H&R Race

-

[ June 30, 2010, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Luke...how'd it ride after you cut them 1/2 coil? What'd you use to cut them??

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ride was just fine since I was using Konis, and since the springs are stiff as F, I was not concerned about bottoming out (those springs have some serious rate).

I always cut springs with a cut off wheel on a 4.5" grinder. It limits the heats and has the coil cut in seconds.

I also don't recommend using 94-04 struts if you plan to go really low. Fox struts are shorter and therefore offer increased bump travel. You don't want to be riding on your bump stops.

If I were you, I'd start off with 3/8" coil and see what you think.

--------------------
Stangless

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Ride was just fine since I was using Konis, and since the springs are stiff as F, I was not concerned about bottoming out (those springs have some serious rate).

I always cut springs with a cut off wheel on a 4.5" grinder. It limits the heats and has the coil cut in seconds.

I also don't recommend using 94-04 struts if you plan to go really low. Fox struts are shorter and therefore offer increased bump travel. You don't want to be riding on your bump stops.

If I were you, I'd start off with 3/8" coil and see what you think.

thanks bro..I think I'll try 3/8 of a coil...I just want a slightly lower drop to give it a little rake look.

--------------------

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

The 3/8 coil will probably make you happy (keeping the same iso-delete like you have now).

I usually like to cut more and leave the isos in however... And of course, make sure your dampers are up to the task or you will learn why cutting springs gets such a bad rep, lol.

My Cobra currently has H&R SS springs with 3/8 coil hacked off the fronts with the isos in. It sat waaaay too high before I cut.

-

[ July 01, 2010, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com