Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » my notch build so far (warning bbc inside) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: my notch build so far (warning bbc inside)
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i do know what im talkin about. i never said the car is legal to run faster than 8.50's i said the plan is to run faster in the future. just cuz i didnt say everything that was gonna be done to get it to cert for 7.50's. im glad you have a rule book i do too. mike murrillo might have some mustangs with ford engines in em but, he also has a mustang with a proline engine in it.which is not a ford or a chevy. i didnt start this post to argue with retards. i dont care if you dont like what i put under the hood. its not your car. i was skeptical of posting this anyway just cuz of hater ass faggots like you. thanks for everyone that had somethin good to say. fuck all you other fags that hate!!! when this car is done and this build thread is done if you haters that think my car is stupid wanna race ill gladly blow your fuckin doors off and slap the fuckin taste out you mouth. dont post on my thread if you wanna be a lil bitch
SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 40thgt:
i do know what im talkin about. i never said the car is legal to run faster than 8.50's i said the plan is to run faster in the future. just cuz i didnt say everything that was gonna be done to get it to cert for 7.50's. im glad you have a rule book i do too. mike murrillo might have some mustangs with ford engines in em but, he also has a mustang with a proline engine in it.which is not a ford or a chevy. i didnt start this post to argue with retards. i dont care if you dont like what i put under the hood. its not your car. i was skeptical of posting this anyway just cuz of hater ass faggots like you. thanks for everyone that had somethin good to say. fuck all you other fags that hate!!! when this car is done and this build thread is done if you haters that think my car is stupid wanna race ill gladly blow your fuckin doors off and slap the fuckin taste out you mouth. dont post on my thread if you wanna be a lil bitch

LOL cant wait to see the car done.... [Big Grin] fast is fast doesnt matter what the fuck is it.

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
BTW your car is no were near legal to run anything under 8.50. You can't have anything plated to the floor it all has to be to the frame. 7.50's sounds cool but you will have to start over. I am in the middle of building one right now so this is how I know. I read the rule book before I started building to give me a Idea. It is a nice looking car except for the abortion under the hood.

wolfe makes the floor bar for the 25.x cage so you don't have to cut the floors up on fox body
not hardly lol. not for that set up. I am running wolfe stuff in my car.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 40thgt:

ok I guesss you are a complete idiot after all so he runs A460 heads on his proline engine? in his 10.5 coupe [Roll Eyes] I didnt care about your stupid chevy just dont lie about the ford stuff to help justify it.. Plus I will post on what ever thread I fucking feel like ASSHOLE..

[ January 16, 2010, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all kinds of sexual tension here

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

not sure what your idea of sex is but....... [Eek!]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
Why did you go with a BBC instead of a BBF?

b/c when you plan on going fast than 9.0 it doesnt realy matter what in it
lol ok are you just making shit up now. 9.0 is the magic cut off number. It always matters unless you are running top fuel.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well i still don't understand why people put other brand engines in their cars. If you wanted a BB why not go with a BBF since the body type is a Ford. What would people say if i put a BBC in my 68 Fastback? I think i would get murdered lol. There's always an alternative to what the other is making, Chevy made the 454, Ford made the 460.
Someone mentioned the Top Fuel dragsters, they are all designed off Ford engines, you don't see Top Fuels with the distributor in the back of the engine.

Edit: ok i understand, price is why. Well you get what you pay for i guess. Goodluck looks like a nice car except for the engine lol.

[ January 16, 2010, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well i dont give a fuck what mike murrillo runs in his fuckin car. and im not trying to justify shit.you have a fuckin problem obviously with my car and what my opinions are about building a ford engine. go work on your piece of shit car stop worryin about mine. there always has to be some know it all on the internet that wants to put in there two cents. start your own fuckin thead about your fuckin almighty car. better yet pm me a place and a time and ill gladly meet you and rip your fuckin jaw out your face. you pussy. if this car was out in public and i was standing next to it you wouldnt call it an abortion to my face. so fuck off you lame jealous fuck your just mad cuz your a fuckin loser who couldnt dream of owning somethin nice
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

oh jesus shut up you big fucking baby, if you want it that bad I live in Redding come on up.I wouldnt waste .10 cents in gass to meet up with you.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

RODRIGUEZ
¯
Member # 9104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RODRIGUEZ  Ford pictures for RODRIGUEZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice build, what kind of red is that?
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
2stangs always negative....why are you even on here? You NEVER contribute in a positive manner.....

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
2stangs always negative....why are you even on here? You NEVER contribute in a positive manner.....

Dan i normally agree with you, but i however do agree with 2stangs. If youre gonna build a fast ass fox use a fucking ford motor. If you wanna use a chevy motor for "cost" reasons, put it in a FUCKING CHEVY! go build an 80s maro. Just my .02 and yes id say that to anyone who bastardized a ford to there face. Perks of being a boxer standing 6'3 256lbs [Razz]

On another note,
To the original poster, props to you for having the bank roll to build a fast car, but my question to you is if i read correctly your basis for a bbc vs a bbf was cost correct? Did you price out the 2 routes? And if so (and im not being an ass this is to inform me) how much was the difference in costs between bbc and bbf? [Confused]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

lol.... turbo5.0 first guy agrees with me. Why you always trying to bring me down. You are just butt hurt because I am correct alot and it pisses you off. Challange my knowledge anytime you like you will find out for your self and possibly learn something. prove me wrong.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Ford+Racing/397/M-6010-A460/10002/-1#

I like the build on the car except the engine. the ONLY reason I said anything was becasue the incorrect info he was giving on the price of a 460 engine builds. I gave you a example of a cheaper Ford race block then he quoted. I was also 100% corrrect on the car build as far as tech. He mentioned 7.50 ET I was just cluing him in on the rules so he could prepare for them...he got pissed.

[ January 17, 2010, 01:07 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

first of all i dont need to be clued in about anything. i dont care what you know. what your book says. your not the only one thats building a car. i didnt ask for your advice. yes there might be a ford motorsport a460 block that you claim makes 600ci. but besides a bore for displacment, you cannot fit a huge stroked crank in that block without additional maching which costs. a big m block accepts a 4.50 stroke crankshaft.a 460 has a 3.85-inch stroke stock. a 454 stoke stroke is 4.00. the bigger the stroke in the block the more machining it is that simple. if you want a 4.50 stroke in a 460 which is possible it takes alot of machining it also uses a piston with a really high pin height that makes a bad angle on the piston at bdc. which makes oil control on the rings bad. this is ok for competition not for bracket racing. the reason you get big displacment out of the a460 block is because you can bore the hell out of it it has solid casting in between the cylinder bores. no water passages between. the max bore on that block is 4.600". unlike most of you i own chevys and fords im pro american. i just happened to have this motor laying around thought it would be cool to dump in there for now. i have a ton of bbc blocks heads parts etc. like i said i dont care if you like my car cuz theres always someone who doesnt. but dont assume i dont know shit. cause you never know whos car it is and what they have done. ive been around racing my whole life (drag racing) if you have been racing for a long time you would know earl clark. thats my uncle if you dont know him you havent been around. im from oakland i remember the greats doc finnely the hardy boys my dad owned one of the fastest camaros in oakland. i got mad cuz i dont like being told i dont know shit. you plagued this thread with your stupid crap. no one likes a smart ass who tells you what you already know. and for the boxer guy you might think you would say somethin to me but you wouldnt. its all talk on the net. you wouldnt have the balls to disrespect my car to my face. sorry to everyone else on this forum that gave props to the car/build my time here is done i dont have time to waste arguin with bafoons on the internet. this 69-91 guy is the reason i dont post anything. good luck to everyone with whatever projects and builds there doin drive safe out there. if any one is interested on any info or help with anything pm me or if you want build pics pm me thanks.

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

There is no argument in anything I said. You said BBF 5000 dollar block max cubes 520? I showed you a 2000.00 dollar block that will go 600 cubes whats the argument [Confused] . you said nobody runs ford engines in 10.5...almost everybody on here knows thats not true...I thought your car looked nice. I dont know your uncle but I have only been drag racing at tracks since 1985 I do not go to Oakland except when the Steelers come to town and I go watch the game.

[ January 17, 2010, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:

Dan i normally agree with you, but i however do agree with 2stangs. If youre gonna build a fast ass fox use a fucking ford motor. If you wanna use a chevy motor for "cost" reasons, put it in a FUCKING CHEVY! go build an 80s maro. Just my .02 and yes id say that to anyone who bastardized a ford to there face. Perks of being a boxer standing 6'3 256lbs [Razz]

On another note,
To the original poster, props to you for having the bank roll to build a fast car, but my question to you is if i read correctly your basis for a bbc vs a bbf was cost correct? Did you price out the 2 routes? And if so (and im not being an ass this is to inform me) how much was the difference in costs between bbc and bbf? [Confused]

haha i think dans bigger.. and did you sell your gt yet or figure out whats up with it? i wanted 2 c it bro
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
There is no argument in anything I said. You said BBF 5000 dollar block max cubes 520? I showed you a 2000.00 dollar block that will go 600 cubes whats the argument [Confused] . you said nobody runs ford engines in 10.5...almost everybody on here knows thats not true...I thought your car looked nice. I dont know your uncle but I have only been drag racing at tracks since 1985 I do not go to Oakland except when the Steelers come to town and I go watch the game.

there 700 cid ford hemi to it comes down to how much you got to spend an were an the put a chevy in a ford just get over or self with that one b/c i build my cars for me not you or anyone else
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
an to the 40thgt time lynch is the one that had the proline engine that wasn't a ford or chevy engine an the car was sold aftershakedown to someone in canda
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ah 40th actually I would. Its not about disrespect its about personal opinion. I have never censored my opinion via online or in person. But you did fail to address my actual legitimate question. This is for myself and to educate the others on the board. Between the bbf and bbc what was the price diff?

And to srt I still have the car. Its still a paper weight in the drive way. I have the top end pulled off with the motor coming out soon for replacement [Smile]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

well thanks fasthatch i forgot that was tim lynches car my bad. and i never said all 10.5 outlaw cars dont run ford engines i said most. there are hefty price costs involved in building any racing engine. ford just didnt happen to be my choice. and yes you r right that 460 block is $2000 but your not understanding its $2000 for a 460ci not a 600ci to make 600ci like i said costs $$$ hey a machine shop that charges $100/hr a 20hr bill of machining just cost you $2000 and all you have is a block nothing more. if you"ve ever had real engine built big displacment you would know. your just a guy who sits on the net reading a bunch of crap not finding anything out by experience, then you come on her twist up my words and tell me i said something i didnt. and bottled gt guy im glad you still think you would tell me what you think of my car ill be around this summer at the drags you can come say what you want i dont care cuz your just a hater like 69-91 mad cuz you aint got shit. oh yea steelers suck ass they lost to the 3 worst teams in the league the raiders the queefs and the clowns. fuck you fuck you your cool im out!!! [patriot]

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man he did it cuz he already had the motor and car so he did it it's like me I have an old 67' firebird that I've thought of stabing a ford motor in it cuz I have it laying around who cares what you would or wouldn't do I mean realy . What's that perfume you wearing smells like jellousy. To the op NICE BUILD! [burnout]

[ January 17, 2010, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't care what people think of your car then why do you post pictures of it on the internet???????

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of my car. That's why I don't start threads about it. But if you want people to get pissed, putting a Chevy into a Mustang and posting pics is a great way to get started. Good luck, 40thgt. Gonna haul ass.

[ January 17, 2010, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: phildog ]

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

i know what you mean phildog. i wasnt mad about people not liken a chevy engine in a ford. i knew there was gonna b a few disapointed peeps on here. i just dont like people makin me seem like i dont know what im talkin about. just cus i dont explain everything in detail doesnt mean i dont know.so im not responding to critism and dumb shits lesson learned.

the red is a house of kolor paint not sure exacly what one but i know its not a custom color its one they offer in there catalog.

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Steelers 6 world championships.MORE THAN ANYBODY ELSE PERIOD.enough said.

2nd you do not no shit about BBF engines stop acting like you do. You can get a stock block to stroke out to over 540 cid with very little machine work. A A460 will go 600 with very LITTLE clearence issues at all. Absolutly NO more machine work that a BBC. Do a litle reasearch stop talking out your ass.

I am not jealous of your car lol I wouldn't even own a mustang with a BBC so it doesnt even enter into the convesation.

I will say it again I like your car idiot not your engine choice.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1994 F150 4X4 351

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com