Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Roadside Smog Check in Roseville (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Roadside Smog Check in Roseville
1RaW03SvT
¯
Member # 9151

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1RaW03SvT  Ford pictures for 1RaW03SvT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow well thanks for the helpful info thanks for the info also epik

--------------------
2003 SoNiC BlUe CoBrA
BUILT

Posts: 2159 | From: *SVTaDDicT* | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Chris83179
¯
Member # 6017

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris83179  Ford pictures for Chris83179    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:
quote:
Originally posted by blown95svt:
quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
A buddy of mine works for the BAR & he is part of the roadside smog test program. He told me that a cop is parked nearby where their mobil smog dyno is setup & will randomly pick cars. He also said that you DON'T have to agree to do the test if you don't want to, so I don't think we have much to worry about.

YUP!!!!!! [Big Grin] as my car is camming and burning there eyes with raw fuel and the blower whine! no thanks officer! [Razz]
ill drive by and throw a rev..lol
Don't lie, you'll be the one whippin dunkins around the tents [Big Grin]

[ November 18, 2009, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Chris83179 ]

--------------------
13 Focus ST
01 Bullitt - Sold

Posts: 558 | From: Bay Area & Sac | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blu50Stang:
Moving out of CA is looking better and better every day [Mad] [Mad] Unfortunately, I can't think of another state I'd want to live in.

x1
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLPR93:
quote:
Moving out of CA is looking better and better every day [Mad] [Mad] Unfortunately, I can't think of another state I'd want to live in.

x1
LOL multiplied by 1 is still the same number!
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
A buddy of mine works for the BAR & he is part of the roadside smog test program. He told me that a cop is parked nearby where their mobil smog dyno is setup & will randomly pick cars. He also said that you DON'T have to agree to do the test if you don't want to, so I don't think we have much to worry about.

So you say no and then what the cop throws you in jail? He flags you in and you say no and then you just leave?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:
quote:

So you say no and then what the cop throws you in jail? He flags you in and you say no and then you just leave?
Yeah, I think the chances of you just saying no to the test and driving off are 0. It's like a DUI checkpoint, they flag you in and check you out. I hear if you have an AWD car they can't do the test so you get by but most of us can't get away with it. Damn glad I'm driving a legal car now but if I got snagged up in one of those its going to be a fist fight if they think I'm going to rip the front bumper or exhaust off getting on their dyno for the test. They can look my car over all they want but I don't think they can do anything that would damage it or they would be liable.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just spent 200 bucks getting my GT to pass smog, i don't wanna go through that BS again.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

MUSTTANGUY
¯
Member # 2251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MUSTTANGUY  Ford pictures for MUSTTANGUY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The road side "survey" IS VOLUNTARY !!!!!

I want everyone to KNOW you DO have the right to refuse their "survey"
I have been through this in the past right down the street from my residence.
They are taking "random" vehicle samples, what they will do is use CHP (usually an officer that looks like he is about to retire OR expire)
and direct a vehicle onto the dyno,they test this vehicle and then pull it off and grab the next vehicle driving by and direct them onto the dyno and go through this for a few hours.
What really pisses me off about this is the fact they do not disclose the "voluntary" part and use CHP to intimidate people to think they have no choice BUT to comply.

It is "interesting" when they get someone who refuses, They don't quite know what to say.
CHP directed me into the cones for the dyno, I got up to him and told him I was REFUSING, he quickly called one of the surveyors over and told him I was refusing and handed the situation over to him. He asked why I was refusing so I gave him my opinions on their smog BS and told him that in todays technological world they could access ANY random smog "survey" they wanted from ANYWHERE they wanted and I was NOT participating "even if it only takes a few minutes of my time" which was a waste of my time.
Told him he could have get information he needed from standing right there, I then asked the oooold CHP officer if he was detaining me if not I WAS leaving. I left there fairly hard (Not hard enough to break traction though) and dropped a few things by the house and ended up going back down the street in the opposite direction, I got accross from them put it in neutral and gave them a healthy rev... the looks I got [Eek!] PRICELESS
3 times through these damn things, One time 87 GT, One time in 92 Bronco, and another in 97 5.0 coupe.

EVERYONE PLEASE REMEMBER THESE ARE 100% VOLUNTARY !!!!! with ZERO backlash

Be Informed of your rights !!!!!!

Blu50Stang
CAFords OG
Member # 489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blu50Stang  Ford pictures for Blu50Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Musttanguy:

They are taking "random" vehicle samples, what they will do is use CHP (usually an officer that looks like he is about to retire OR expire)
and direct a vehicle onto the dyno,they test this vehicle and then pull it off and grab the next vehicle driving by and direct them onto the dyno and go through this for a few hours.
What really pisses me off about this is the fact they do not disclose the "voluntary" part and use CHP to intimidate people to think they have no choice BUT to comply.

It is "interesting" when they get someone who refuses, They don't quite know what to say.
CHP directed me into the cones for the dyno, I got up to him and told him I was REFUSING, he quickly called one of the surveyors over and told him I was refusing and handed the situation over to him. He asked why I was refusing so I gave him my opinions on their smog BS and told him that in todays technological world they could access ANY random smog "survey" they wanted from ANYWHERE they wanted and I was NOT participating "even if it only takes a few minutes of my time" which was a waste of my time.
Told him he could have get information he needed from standing right there, I then asked the oooold CHP officer if he was detaining me if not I WAS leaving. I left there fairly hard (Not hard enough to break traction though) and dropped a few things by the house and ended up going back down the street in the opposite direction, I got accross from them put it in neutral and gave them a healthy rev... the looks I got [Eek!] PRICELESS
3 times through these damn things, One time 87 GT, One time in 92 Bronco, and another in 97 5.0 coupe.

This is what I wanted to hear/read. Someone who has gone through this and refused to take part in the "survey." [Cool]

[ November 19, 2009, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Blu50Stang ]

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

This is what I wanted to hear/read. Someone who has gone through this and refused to take part in the "survey." [Cool]
+1 good too hear!

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

I wonder is sac chp will let you go that easily
1sic50
¯
Member # 6684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sic50  Ford pictures for 1sic50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

WOW I LOVE IT I HEARD THAT BRO. GOOD LOOKING OUT
ON THAT BS SMOG CHECKS SHIT WHAT THEY NEED TO DO IS APPLY MORE TIME AND STOP ALL THIS KILLING ON OUR STREETS AND CAR THEFT [Mad] BUT THEY WANT TOO CHECK MY CAR SNIFF MY TAIL PIPES LOL BOY I TELL YOU TOO MUCH DAM TIME ON THERE HANDS [BS flag]

--------------------
90 gt W/Vortech S-Trim power adder
99 Explorer W/5.0
87 crx honda WNP!!!!

Ford 4 Life Enough Said Don't Hate

Posts: 534 | From: GOTHAM CITY | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com