Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Machida Vs. Shogun - (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Machida Vs. Shogun -
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth1:
That was a bunk decision.I thought Shogun won at least 4 rounds.All those body and leg kicks c'mon.That just shows why you need to finish fights because you can never count on the judges.

While I agree that Shogun should have won the fight, the one concession I have to give, is that thier is truth to the saying "To be the champion you have to beat the champion" and not point yourself away to a victory.

Shogun didnt seem to want to end the fight. If you leave a fight to the judges, and its not decisive, there is a good chance its going to the champ.

Just my .02 but I had SHogun 49-47 in that fight.

Mike

This.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shogun won the fight. I'm starting to think this stuff is fixed. It"s no bette rthan boxing [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shogun got the upper hand in this fight no doubt about it. However, for the title to be exchanged, the judges need to see a convincing win.

Did Shogun win convincingly? That's open to debate. I'm not sure he did.

I'm also not buying that the fight was fixed, but I am leaving with the conclusion that you probably can't expect to take another guy's belt unless you beat him convincingly, more convincingly than Shogun beat Machida.

One thing is for certain however... Machida will be going into his next fight with zero momentum.

Also, I am not too thrilled with the upcoming events (UFC105, 106, 107, 108). None of those fights really move me.

I'd like to see Fedor-Lesnar and Evans-Jackson, but neither look like they will happen anytime soon unfortunately.

[ October 26, 2009, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Luke87GT ]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Shogun got the upper hand in this fight no doubt about it. However, for the title to be exchanged, the judges need to see a convincing win.

Did Shogun win convincingly? That's open to debate. I'm not sure he did.

I'm also not buying that the fight was fixed, but I am leaving with the conclusion that you probably can't expect to take another guy's belt unless you beat him convincingly, more convincingly than Shogun beat Machida.

One thing is for certain however... Machida will be going into his next fight with zero momentum.

Also, I am not too thrilled with the upcoming events (UFC105, 106, 107, 108). None of those fights really move me.

I'd like to see Fedor-Lesnar and Evans-Jackson, but neither look like they will happen anytime soon unfortunately.

diego sanchez vs bj penn is gonna be a great fight..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com