Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Delicacies/Dishes in your culture that would be considered Gross in Popular Culture (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Delicacies/Dishes in your culture that would be considered Gross in Popular Culture
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you tell me all sigsig is lips and assholes, I'm going to freak the fuck out right now. I dig on some sigsig, the place is at the bottom of westborough in South San Francisco. Chopped up jalapenos and onion. That shit is grubbin, but if I've been eating straight sphincter and beak all these years, I'll go burn that place down right now!

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 5OHS5OH:
If you tell me all sigsig is lips and assholes, I'm going to freak the fuck out right now. I dig on some sigsig, the place is at the bottom of westborough in South San Francisco. Chopped up jalapenos and onion. That shit is grubbin, but if I've been eating straight sphincter and beak all these years, I'll go burn that place down right now!

Hahahaha, actually ya, that's what you've been eating..

JK!!! Are you referring to "Edna's Ichiban", Ling Nam or the other one next to that? Either way, no sisig is mostly pork, heart, and sometimes lungs. One of my fave all time. Not good if you're prone to gout(sp) attacks though

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tha91SiCkNeSs:
quote:
Originally posted by At1Maverick69:
I'm Filipino, so here it goes:

sisig- made of pig's heart, lungs, other internal stuff

isaw-pig's or chicken's intestine, usually grilled

betamax(steet name)- chicken's blood, dried and then grilled.

adidas- chicken's foot, grilled

legua estopada- cow's tongue in, IIRC, coconut stew.

I have more, just ask, lol

Hey, my family had a restaurant over in San Leandro, called Manila Cafe. She sold it after being in business for about 2 years though.
Was that the one by E14 or Doolittle? Or maybe you're referring to Manila Garden off of Hesperian. LOL! I know all the spots, huh, hahahaha!

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

mikeP
¯
Member # 4489

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikeP  Ford pictures for mikeP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bagoong with raw mango and some nice cold bottles of san mig.....alot of flips on this site [Smile]

[ October 08, 2009, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: mikeP ]

--------------------
91 vert lx 5.0, 68 CS, 69 BB nova

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In chile we eat the sheep and lamb's blood right after they get killed I juss came back from there last week so I juss had it a couple weeks ago.right when u stick the knife in the jugular to kill it you let the blood fall on a bowl with lemon cilantro and chopped onions.the blood coagulates in less than a minute and it becomes like jello and you eat with a spoon with bread.(I actually killed the animal this time) I always wanted to learn. But it's good shit. It's juss hard gettin past your head that you're eating blood
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dude...doggy adobo and Kalderetang Aso....man way too funny - wont touch it though. my white friends dont even know the filipino foods i eat..they'd freak out and look at me different. i grew up on all that shit.

chicharon bulaklak ftmfw...lol

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We should get a meet up and eat some of this filipino food. I need to eat some of this stuff you guys are talking about.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
In chile we eat the sheep and lamb's blood right after they get killed I juss came back from there last week so I juss had it a couple weeks ago.right when u stick the knife in the jugular to kill it you let the blood fall on a bowl with lemon cilantro and chopped onions.the blood coagulates in less than a minute and it becomes like jello and you eat with a spoon with bread.(I actually killed the animal this time) I always wanted to learn. But it's good shit. It's juss hard gettin past your head that you're eating blood

I'd try it. A lot of us eat rare steak all the time so it's not that far off. I've never had fresh, uncooked blood but the lemon cilantro and onions are very strong flavors would probably be very prominent.

[ October 08, 2009, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: essasin ]

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
One of my best friends is philippino and he had me eating some cake like stuff but it was extra moist with cow blood I believe. I forgot the name of it.

In my Southern roots, chitlin, pig feet and gizzards is a delicacy. My wife whom is non-southern is grossed out by my chitlin sandwiches.

Chitlin sandwich? wtf do you do take some nice soggy chitlins and put on some bread with mayo? lol! I eat soul food from time to time but I try to cut back on all the fried stuff most of the time cause it's bad for you.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
One of my best friends is philippino and he had me eating some cake like stuff but it was extra moist with cow blood I believe. I forgot the name of it.

In my Southern roots, chitlin, pig feet and gizzards is a delicacy. My wife whom is non-southern is grossed out by my chitlin sandwiches.

Chitlin sandwich? wtf do you do take some nice soggy chitlins and put on some bread with mayo? lol! I eat soul food from time to time but I try to cut back on all the fried stuff most of the time cause it's bad for you.
Yea pretty much minus the Mayo, black folks dont eat Mayo...lol. I have cut back on a lot of the fried foods and stuff. Plus I am no longer in the bay so no more everret and jones, rosalees and boy I miss Flints [Frown]
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:

I'd try it. A lot of us eat rare steak all the time so it's not that far off. I've never had fresh, uncooked blood but the lemon cilantro and onions are very strong flavors would probably be very prominent.
yea the cilantro nad stuff give it a lil taste but you can't really notivce it unless you chew on it and since its like jello you can't really chew it that much...and you gotta eat it almost right away while the blood is still warm cause if it get cold that shit is horrible .. you can also do it with cow blood..but it doesn't coagulate as fast so you gottta drink it straight outta of a cup with cilantro and lemon when its comin out the animal ..I haven't had that since I was a little kid though.. and its nothng like eating a rare steak..I like my steaks rare..but it has a completely different taste.

[ October 08, 2009, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: 91silverbullet ]

Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Yea pretty much minus the Mayo, black folks dont eat Mayo...lol. I have cut back on a lot of the fried foods and stuff. Plus I am no longer in the bay so no more everret and jones, rosalees and boy I miss Flints [Frown]
I have not been to flints in like 10 years! is that place even open? everett and jones is aight. I use their BBQ sauce on my ribs when I cook at home. other than that i don"t really like there BBQ all that much. Homemade is always the best. Flints was good waaaay back in the day. but I remember they sold it and it went down hill before it closed. what is Rosalees?

[ October 08, 2009, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
quote:

yea the cilantro nad stuff give it a lil taste but you can't really notivce it unless you chew on it and since its like jello you can't really chew it that much...and you gotta eat it almost right away while the blood is still warm cause if it get cold that shit is horrible .. you can also do it with cow blood..but it doesn't coagulate as fast so you gottta drink it straight outta of a cup with cilantro and lemon when its comin out the animal ..I haven't had that since I was a little kid though.. and its nothng like eating a rare steak..I like my steaks rare..but it has a completely different taste.
Sounds gross! LOL!

--------------------

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[QUOTE]Originally posted by N8:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by East Bay 50:
[qb] [QUOTE]Originally posted by N8:
... minus the Mayo, black folks dont eat Mayo..
+ 1 undercover brotha showed what happens if your black and eat mayo.

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
dude...doggy adobo and Kalderetang Aso....man way too funny - wont touch it though. my white friends dont even know the filipino foods i eat..they'd freak out and look at me different. i grew up on all that shit.

chicharon bulaklak ftmfw...lol

Oh man.. I be dipping that chicharon in some vinegar!!

In fact, I think everything I eat gets dipped in vinegar..

Tocino, Longanisa, bacon, etc. Hehe.

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
gercolla1
¯
Member # 3068

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gercolla1  Ford pictures for gercolla1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
speaking of filipino food, if anyone actually likes it and eats out, u gotta try the ones in san bruno and southcity(ihaw ihaw, ongping, karilagan, patio..basically all the restaurants run by that same family)..

go alido's (on el camino) [patriot]

--------------------
Sf Bay Area

Posts: 2171 | From: Sampan San Francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Tha91SiCkNeSs
¯
Member # 5790

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tha91SiCkNeSs  Ford pictures for Tha91SiCkNeSs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:
bagoong with raw mango and some nice cold bottles of san mig.....alot of flips on this site [Smile]

Yes, we should have a count...

Then, the next CAFORDS BBQ that comes around.. we can just crash it with exquisite Filipino cuisine! Heh

Kain Tayo!

--------------------
2003 Cobra

Posts: 565 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

quote:
Originally posted by Tha91SiCkNeSs:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeP:

Yes, we should have a count...

Then, the next CAFORDS BBQ that comes around.. we can just crash it with exquisite Filipino cuisine! Heh

Kain Tayo!

lol I'll bring the pork butt and ears.
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

nobody here is gonna "kain" we're gonna "lamon", hahahaha! Pinoy BBQ soon!!

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
[/qb]

everret and jones [/QB][/QUOTE]

FTMFW!!!!
[worship] one of my favorite spots to eat, and i love to eat [Big Grin]

Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com