Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Ammunition Shortage? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ammunition Shortage?
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey slidewayz, by chance do u know what is needed and how hard it is to buy a gun and get license to be able to carry it on you? maybe not on you, but in the car or something?

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
QuickSparks
¯
Member # 8826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuickSparks  Ford pictures for QuickSparks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Hey slidewayz, by chance do u know what is needed and how hard it is to buy a gun and get license to be able to carry it on you? maybe not on you, but in the car or something?
I'm not slidewayz, but I'm reasonably knowledgeable on this topic.

As far as CA law is concerned, carrying a gun in your car is the same as carrying it concealed on your person (IF you are talking about a LOADED gun). Taking a gun in the car with you to the range is no problem provided that it is UNLOADED (even detachable magazines that aren't in the gun must be unloaded), and in a "locked container" (for handguns). A "locked container" can be a plastic carrying case with a lock on it, a portable safe, or the trunk of your car.

Concealed Carry Weapons (CCW) permits are issued by the county in which you reside. State law dictates the number of hoops you have to jump through (i.e. fees, waiting periods, required training and qualification), but it is up to the county sheriff to issue the permit. The law is written in such a vague and ambiguous way that it is left up to his judgement as to whether you need to carry a loaded weapon or not.

If you live in Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Clara, San Francisco counties (to name a few), you have NO CHANCE of getting a CCW unless you are a judge or politician. Very fucked up, but hey, these are all "Blue" counties.

If you live in a sparsely populated, rural, "red" county, you can get a CCW. And yes, once you are issued a CCW in your home county, all other CA counties reciprocate your right to carry. Check www.packing.org for more info, as well as a list of states that reciprocate CA carry permits.

CA law has a loophole that allows you to carry concealed somewhat: It is only a MISDEMEANOR to carry a concealed handgun provided that:
1.) you legally own the firearm
2.) it is your first offense (don't get made!)
3.) you are not a member of a gang (there is a legal definition)

QuickSparks
¯
Member # 8826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuickSparks  Ford pictures for QuickSparks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oops, it's been a while since I checked that site. Apparently packing.org is now defunct. Here's a different one: http://www.handgunlaw.us/
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to get my CCW, i might go apply for it sometime soon.
I have only seen ammo shortages in new ammo, not in reloads.

[ July 02, 2009, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: WildFire532FB ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you guys had a ccw what would you carry?
I'd probably carry either a compact 1911 or snub .44spl...(charter arms bull dog) [Cool]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When I get my CCW I am going to carry a Kimber 1911. I got some ammo today it is VERY hard to get. I ordered 600rds of .45ACP for my bros birthday from Cabelas on April 5th and it still hasn't shown up [Mad]

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Since on the top of guns, I ran across this picture on another forum. Haha! [Razz]

-

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Greasy:
When I get my CCW I am going to carry a Kimber 1911. I got some ammo today it is VERY hard to get. I ordered 600rds of .45ACP for my bros birthday from Cabelas on April 5th and it still hasn't shown up [Mad]

If you have a day to do it just drive up there and pick it up... I wanna get a few guys and split gas money to go to Nevada to buy gun stuff.
The anti gun liberals would love that... Carpool to buy gun parts and ammo out of state. [Smile]

--------------------

NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I bought my .223 and .40 cal online, cost me both my legs...big 5 and local gun stores dont have shit....

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
NonOpSlow2V
¯
Member # 6111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NonOpSlow2V  Ford pictures for NonOpSlow2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
quote:

If you have a day to do it just drive up there and pick it up... I wanna get a few guys and split gas money to go to Nevada to buy gun stuff.
The anti gun liberals would love that... Carpool to buy gun parts and ammo out of state. [Smile]

my buddy and i did that after we went snow boarding and we also hit summit racing store before we hit Cabelas on the way back. I am down to do it again shoot i need a couple things for my guns...

--------------------
1997 Autumn Orange GT vert
1996 Mystic Cobra
2005 95ci Harley Road King
2011 F150 Raptor

Posts: 2139 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

I was planning on going late October if you are interested....

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just want the ccw so if I want to carry I can.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
quote:
quote:

I was planning on going late October if you are interested....
Sounds good I wanna pick up some stuff and October would give me time to set some cash aside.

--------------------

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by onesicklx:
reload [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-

some of my powder
 -

most of my brass(need more brass)

-

Nice setup. You're right, reloading supplies are hard to come by right now. My brother is having a tough time getting enough supplies for a couple of boxes he developed for my .270. That gun shot 1.25" 5 shot groups at 100yds with factory ammo, it shoots .75" 5 shot groups with the hand loaded ammo. I just bought a setup for my .270 and my .300 Weatherby, .300 boxes are about $60 at the store, reloading cuts the price down to near $30 for a box.
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If you guys had a ccw what would you carry?
I'd probably carry either a compact 1911 or snub .44spl...(charter arms bull dog) [Cool]

so many good guns out there, but i'd either choose a para ordinance p14 .45.....H&K usp 9mm.....or some kinda Sig Sauer [Wink]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com