Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Which SUV would you buy and why? (range: 25K-40K) (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Which SUV would you buy and why? (range: 25K-40K)
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
I'd say my choices would be a jeep srt8 , trail blazer ss or a new tahoe .

I want one of those jeeps hella bad.
yup! +1,000,000

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remember the man needs to tow, will have kids in it, and a dog in the back. The more "sport" ones like the TBSS and SRT8 Jeep are sick and all but not really what he needs especially if he needs to tow with it. Tahoe/Yukons are always nice, used Escalade if you want more badge. But again I dont know how old the children may be so the factor of them getting the insides dirty and what not. The navigators aren't bad either though.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Remember the man needs to tow, will have kids in it, and a dog in the back. The more "sport" ones like the TBSS and SRT8 Jeep are sick and all but not really what he needs especially if he needs to tow with it. Tahoe/Yukons are always nice, used Escalade if you want more badge. But again I dont know how old the children may be so the factor of them getting the insides dirty and what not. The navigators aren't bad either though.

because of all the facts, I would lean HEAVILY towards an extended cab pickup of some sort. Most SUV's really lack when it comes to towing and the newer SUV's tend towards more of a "large car" feeling instead of a "small truck".
I would also reccommend against GM because of their unclear future, as well as the fact that they are poorly built compared to Fords and some others. I dont want to argue about it but I worked at a shop for a few years and those Chevy's/ GMC's just fall apart after about 6-8 yrs. The doors begin to sag, dials on the dash fall off, the motor becomes sluggish.....
The best bang for your buck is definately deisels. Good highway mielage, great power, crazy good aftermarket, etc...
Save yourself some money and get an 01/02 Dodge Diesel. I dont own one but know a few guys with them and they are GREAT. None of them have ever had problems and all of them have over 150k. With this route, you dont haveto worry about the warranty or anything and still have something very reliable, relatively fast, and able to move everything.
Just my .02

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys for all your feedback. I was leaning toward a Tahoe because my girl likes them, but I'm a bit weary about the future of GM/chevy. I was also looking at the Escape from Ford because it's more in the range of where I should stay and it looks clean IMO, but it's not cut out for towing duty.

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
I'd say my choices would be a jeep srt8 , trail blazer ss or a new tahoe .

Yup the SRT8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They are fast and they need to be to get you to the service department on time. They're worthless as SUV's... only rated to tow 3500 lbs.

I can personally attest to the TBSS being a great vehicle and they tow very well for their size. The oversized brakes help as well. The only downside is that they're pretty "low rent" and have cheap interiors.

We just bought a fully loaded '08 Nissan Pathfinder V8. It's got every option short of NAV and here's the best part: V8 power and 7 passenger seating in a mid size SUV. And it's rated to tow 7000 lbs. We paid under $27K so its definitely in your price range.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I test drove an SRT8 and OMG [Eek!] [worship] That is one bad ass SUV.

If I had the moo-la, no question that is what I would buy.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Beasty5.0:
Thanks guys for all your feedback. I was leaning toward a Tahoe because my girl likes them, but I'm a bit weary about the future of GM/chevy. I was also looking at the Escape from Ford because it's more in the range of where I should stay and it looks clean IMO, but it's not cut out for towing duty.

I have a escape and i drive the shit out of it every day, its a good car but it wouldnt be able to tow a jetski lol

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get a KIA soul [Big Grin] and see if they will throw in the hamptsters
Termin8Him
¯
Member # 7895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Termin8Him  Ford pictures for Termin8Him    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jeep SRT8.... I want one so freaking badly. Hopefully by next year i can get one [Big Grin]

--------------------
-whippled termy
-07 silverado

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a new double cab or extended cab tundra. lots of room for the kiddies (depending on how many you have) and LOTS of power
or maybe the new sequoia.

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jeep SRT8 all the way!!!!!!!!!! [dance]

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy my sierra its perfect for ya [Big Grin]

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
03 and up Lincoln Navi. Only real issue they ever have is the air ride suspension. Mine tows with ease, room for 7, and has literally every option you could dream of.

I bought a 06 Navi and we love it,tows great,doesn't feel too big and we haven't had any problems.

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
White on White HSE Range Rover on 26s.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just buy a 4hump camel from ALSTOCK! he sells them even with a 5th hump its very good on H2o
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 302 DROP:
just buy a 4hump camel from ALSTOCK! he sells them even with a 5th hump its very good on H2o

Yeah i got them all day, they are PERFECT for crossin' that Messican border.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would say Escallade or a Tahoe.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com