Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Slice to go into boxing? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Slice to go into boxing?
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 00NIGHTMARE:
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
I thought his shit was shown on VS? Why does everyone keep saying UFC?

yea he never fought in the UFC, he never will . He fought in EliteXC. I really dont see why everybody thinks he is so good, he beat up construction workers in a backyard, then he beat tank abbot lol, then barely beat the dangerous James thompson LOL, and then got dropped in 14 seconds by the dangerous striker Seth Petruzelli, which Im joking about cause Seths stand up is pretty bad.

He will never be a contender in boxing unless they are looking for a payday to have everyone watch him get dropped in the first round against anyone good.

thank you ..and it aint about any one on here going agaisnt him..we are talking about the fight world..aint none of us ever said we can do it
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I read something this morning that said he is thinking about going into boxing or doing MMA in Japan or something. I know a lot of people here dont like him, but I think he would be a beast in the boxing ring. I always said he had the mannerism and movements of a natural boxer. I still think he could be a capable mma cat, but it seems strikers (I think they are called that) do not fare to well in MMA.

Kimbo would get worked by any c+ heavyweight. If he was put on queer street by that soft ass seth petruzilli guy could you imagine what even a has been boxer like David Tua would do to him? Kimbo is just a side show. he has no real future in boxing. I think even old ass Holyfield would put him to sleep with ease
I am not saying immediately throw him in the ring with anyone of consequence. But he has natural boxing ability, I can see several good qualities in him. And what he does is not easy by a stretch. Fighting in any capacity is not easy. And even against a gas station attendant, he still won consistently enough to where I would not bet against nor fight him (unless I had to).

Lets put it this way, if I were managing his boxing career and could pick his training and boxing path. I guarantee I can make some people eat their words. But for once I agree with FR, he was a gimmick for the MMA crowd and it was successful. And Kimbo got paid for it handsomely. boxing is different tho, not so much about freak shows.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say put him in the ring and see what happens... He is a natural street fighter he can put people to sleep, but I think he might be out of his league with this one just my .02

87GTCOBRA clayton bigsby called the Klan meeting has been changed to next Thursday.... Will see you their BROTHER!

[ May 21, 2009, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: slowback67 ]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com