Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » RC Cars. What kind do you have? Where do you race them? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: RC Cars. What kind do you have? Where do you race them?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
painted up a new body for my vintage transam spec class racer [Smile]

-
 -
 -

Why does that car say luck of the irish but yet it has the same color scheme as the Italian flag?
the italian flag has red, the irish flag has orange [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
quote:
Originally posted by whitelx91:
Ive got a Jato 3.3 2 speed with a booku pipe and slide carb ive had it up to 72 mph fuckers fast just lights the tires up wont pull wheelies until 2cd gear when it catches traction. Prarie city actually has the biggest track in sac you can play and race there.

SuistangS

I am still trying to tune my damn car. I didn't realize all the crap you have to go through in order to just get your car to run normally. What is the place called?
If you are new to R.C. cars and trucks it's best you start out with electric. that way you do not have to worry about tuning etc. They have some really fast electric cars and trucks that will go just as fast if not faster than the nitro powered ones. Check out the traxxas models like the rustler vxl, stampede vxl and the bandit vxl. you can type these names on youtube to see a vid to get an idea how fast these things go. be sure to include vxl in your search otherwise you will get the slow version of these cars and trucks.
Now you tell me. It is too late anyhow. I am actually finally understanding the tuning aspect. There is a lot to consider and lots of variables play a factor.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
 -
 -

Why does that car say luck of the irish but yet it has the same color scheme as the Italian flag?
It looked red in the pic... [Razz] Don"t make me have to bring my traxxas 4 tec out and drag that rustang down the block! lol!

[ March 12, 2009, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
 -
 -

It looked red in the pic... [Razz] Don"t make me have to bring my traxxas 4 tec out and drag that rustang down the block! lol!
haha, that rustang only sees prepared tracks and lays the smack down every 2 weeks, it's brushless and I run only lipo batteries [dance] and it's my slowest r/c car [Wink]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

-
 -
 -

haha, that rustang only sees prepared tracks and lays the smack down every 2 weeks, it's brushless and I run only lipo batteries [dance] and it's my slowest r/c car [Wink]
You could bring any car you choose and i would come out victorious everytime LOL! Lipo's don't scare me [Big Grin]

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOW MUCH ARE THEY? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY WEBSITES WHERE YOU CAN FIND THESE? I WANT TO GET ONE [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18535 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HOW MUCH ARE THEY? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANY WEBSITES WHERE YOU CAN FIND THESE? I WANT TO GET ONE [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

WTF? WATS UP WITH THE POST REPLYS I JUST POSTED MY COMPUTER WAS JUST TRIPPIN' RIGHT NOW AND IT JUST DID THAT [Mad] ^^^^^^

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by 93EXCHP:

You can get them locally at hobbytown usa. or you can save 20-30 bucks and order them online. Depending on what kind you want to get car, truck, nitro or electric they can range in price anywhere from $150.00-$600.00 dollars. You should do a little research before buying to see what you like

--------------------

NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
quote:

You can get them locally at hobbytown usa. or you can save 20-30 bucks and order them online. Depending on what kind you want to get car, truck, nitro or electric they can range in price anywhere from $150.00-$600.00 dollars. You should do a little research before buying to see what you like
OKAY ILL GO RESEARCH THEM WHEN I GET HOME THANKS MAN [patriot]
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
quote:
quote:

OKAY ILL GO RESEARCH THEM WHEN I GET HOME THANKS MAN [patriot]
If you decide to get a nitro truck i have a T-maxx 3.3 i might let go. here is a video of what it can do http://search.msn.com/video/results.aspx?q=t-maxx+3.3+vid&FORM=VARE7&docid=590168392322&mid=8B9040942930BA2AD33B8B9040942930BA2AD33B&FORM=VIVP5

another one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pevhQRfU1ls

[ March 12, 2009, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: East Bay 50 ]

--------------------

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
December 31,1969????

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the traxxas 3.3 truck fuckin thing moves!!! this thread just pumped me up time to get rc out n hit da hills!

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
come get some [Smile]

-

-

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
badass351
¯
Member # 10810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badass351  Ford pictures for badass351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 2, traxxas 3.3, and the ken block fiesta by traxxas

--------------------
73 mustang
95 f-150

94COBRA916
¯
Member # 10370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94COBRA916  Ford pictures for 94COBRA916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where can I pik one of those up at? I saw one at costco for like 30 bucks the gt500 it said on the box it went like 50 mph but didn't belive it

--------------------
Sactown Muscle Founder & Club President

1990 hatchback(sold)
1988 coupe (sold)
1994 cobra

Posts: 817 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
badass351
¯
Member # 10810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badass351  Ford pictures for badass351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gtstang:
Where can I pik one of those up at? I saw one at costco for like 30 bucks the gt500 it said on the box it went like 50 mph but didn't belive it

towerhobbies.com they have hella offers if u put ur email in at the right side where it says "type email for offeres" or something like that

--------------------
73 mustang
95 f-150

94COBRA916
¯
Member # 10370

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94COBRA916  Ford pictures for 94COBRA916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks bro

--------------------
Sactown Muscle Founder & Club President

1990 hatchback(sold)
1988 coupe (sold)
1994 cobra

Posts: 817 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
badass351
¯
Member # 10810

couple months back when i got my car it was like 340 not including tax at hobby town, went on towerhobbies and got it for like 300 flat

--------------------
73 mustang
95 f-150

18x10roushes
¯
Member # 5269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 18x10roushes  Ford pictures for 18x10roushes    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
I like to build my own and I go slow. I have a few brushless stuff and a couple gas as well.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

you got some bad lil set ups with that suspesion i like what i see [patriot]

--------------------
http://fastgms-teamfast.com/

MEMBER OF TEAM FAST
RIP Willie G

SAV650HAB
¯
Member # 10324

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAV650HAB  Ford pictures for SAV650HAB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
I like to build my own and I go slow. I have a few brushless stuff and a couple gas as well.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

MAN YOU GOT SOME TOYZ! those are some crazy suspension set-ups you got on those trucks.....nice [patriot]

--------------------
SAVAGE HABITS 'CAR CLUB' VP 650/510/707/209
NOR-CAL KINGZ....... YAH 2 CHAINZ!!!!!!
"WE OUT HERE" 7th ST....STEP IT UP A NOTCH
88 coupe FTW!

Posts: 5091 | From: SHOREVIEW E.S SAN MATEO | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com