Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Had my first racist/stereotypical experience of the year (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Had my first racist/stereotypical experience of the year
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by JOEFOX87:
Hey man, let's all end this now. I'll make you and honorary Puerto Rican.

Then it's all done, no more racism!!! how can you hate someone or viceversa. You're all in one!!!!

if you become Puerto Rican Tee, Dominicans will now hate on you [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pushrodpoweredmustangs
'95 Cobra - small engine / small turbo -
'02 Excursion 7.3 - tow vehicle
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
racism will end when one major event occurs...

and that event is aliens attacking earth.

until then, sorry [Frown]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
quote:
Originally posted by JOEFOX87:
Hey man, let's all end this now. I'll make you and honorary Puerto Rican.

Then it's all done, no more racism!!! how can you hate someone or viceversa. You're all in one!!!!

if you become Puerto Rican Tee, Dominicans will now hate on you [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
He He, forgot about that LIL tiny part. LOL [Big Grin]
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CornOil_&_Boost  Ford pictures for CornOil_&_Boost    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:

then we'll have Specism....

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah fellas I just let that roll off my back. Just frustrating when u come accross it.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:
Should of punched her in the throat.

Like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AGi7Xp3AUI

Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
CornOil_&_Boost
¯
Member # 5888

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
Yeah fellas I just let that roll off my back. Just frustrating when u come accross it.

I fell better about myself when I meet people like that....let's you know how much a place you are in life than them...

--------------------
'14 - Chevy Volt - DD

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So every wed/friday we have this lady who comes 2 my job to sell tamales (hella good). I go 2 get my dozen & pay but she is out of change. This lady behind me hs a $20 also so we both walk like 20 ft to the gas station to get change. Mind you today is friday so im just wearing sweats & a tee.

As I walk in I go 2 the counter & see an older indian woman behind it. I ask her if she can break a 20 & she throws up her hands & says no. So I ask if I buy something can she give me change & she does the same. Then the older white woman I walked in with comes up with a arizona drink & the lady happily breaks her 20. At this point im pissed and like WTF as im standing there the whole time.

So I proceed 2 grab a cheap lighter & throw it on the counter & say "I thought u didn't have change". She just shook her head & gave me my cash.

Many will never know how that shit feels. Treated like shit based on the color of my skin. Figured I would share some of the things people of color go through in life so maybe others will learn. [patriot]

think about it you asked her for change right?it is friday she probally cant get change till the money truck comes on monday.the lady behind you did not ask for change she just walked in and bought something and did not just ask for change.mabey you should have done the same thing.nothing racist about it at all.i work in a grocery store and would have done the same thing.people come in all the time and want change for 100s and dont want to buy anything,i am not a bank and half to pay the money truck to bring me change.that is just like people who want to buy a pack of gum with your atm and get 40.00 bucks cash back.again i am not a bank.nothing racist at all if you want 40 back spend 40 bucks on grocerys.
take a look at the whole situation and next time dont ask just go grab your drink and be on your way.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:

then we'll have Specism....
Damn I am nerdy, because I found this funny.
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should have asked Obama for some change..... he claims to have tons of it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

[Eek!]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by sac 5.0:
quote:
So every wed/friday we have this lady who comes 2 my job to sell tamales (hella good). I go 2 get my dozen & pay but she is out of change. This lady behind me hs a $20 also so we both walk like 20 ft to the gas station to get change. Mind you today is friday so im just wearing sweats & a tee.

As I walk in I go 2 the counter & see an older indian woman behind it. I ask her if she can break a 20 & she throws up her hands & says no. So I ask if I buy something can she give me change & she does the same. Then the older white woman I walked in with comes up with a arizona drink & the lady happily breaks her 20. At this point im pissed and like WTF as im standing there the whole time.

So I proceed 2 grab a cheap lighter & throw it on the counter & say "I thought u didn't have change". She just shook her head & gave me my cash.

Many will never know how that shit feels. Treated like shit based on the color of my skin. Figured I would share some of the things people of color go through in life so maybe others will learn. [patriot]

think about it you asked her for change right?it is friday she probally cant get change till the money truck comes on monday.the lady behind you did not ask for change she just walked in and bought something and did not just ask for change.mabey you should have done the same thing.nothing racist about it at all.i work in a grocery store and would have done the same thing.people come in all the time and want change for 100s and dont want to buy anything,i am not a bank and half to pay the money truck to bring me change.that is just like people who want to buy a pack of gum with your atm and get 40.00 bucks cash back.again i am not a bank.nothing racist at all if you want 40 back spend 40 bucks on grocerys.
take a look at the whole situation and next time dont ask just go grab your drink and be on your way.

You make a good point from a retailers perspective. I dont know what the lady's true motives were but i can say that at my work I don't really like it when people come up just asking for change (because if enough people do that i run out of small bills for when my real customers ask for cash back or need change). Maybe she already had other people come in asking for change that day and so she was not in the mood to keep changing out bills. Again I don't know what she was really thinking but especially considering she was indian, a minority often victim of racist or stereotypical remarks, I don't see this having anything to do with your ethnicity.

Just my two cents

[ January 31, 2009, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very good points here! It coulda been a misunderstanding [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know

Register was full of cash when it popped open. Me & the woman both had a 20 & bouth had items that cost 99 cents. Yet I was the only one who caught ish @ the counter.

Had she gave that woman a hard time I would assume it was only a money issue. If it was a money issue then why not simpy say so? But since that wasn't the case I don't think it was. I am sure there are many "what if" statements that can be made. All I know is what happened

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

[Razz]
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

[Razz]
that statement had me rollin [Big Grin]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
quote:
Originally posted by 5.0-srt-4:
quote:

[Razz]
that statement had me rollin [Big Grin]
I pull one out of my ass every now and then.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobraboy:
God I hate tomales. What the fuck were you thinking trying to buy some sketch ass tomales near a gas station anyways? This incident is obviously your fault.......

Hahahaha man u had me hella weak. But my dmv building is right behind a gas station & some other spots around it. This sweet ass hispanic woman is out there selling tomales every week. Been doin it for years. I will bring some 2 the car show tomorrow. Haha

But I don't think it was a language issue. I had my money out when I asked if she could break it. Then I pointed 2 something I wanted 2 buy & she told me no again

Situation is just disheartening. Its like no matter what u do or what kind of person u are, to a lot of society your just another ni**a.

lol... yeah I dunno man. Shit is weird for sure. I have actually had that happen to me, though. Except I was naked when I went in - only thing I could think of that's a variable factor [Confused]
Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com