Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Assault Weapons and YOUR new president (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Assault Weapons and YOUR new president
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I don't think the right to bear arms should be compared to freedom of speech & religion. The right to bear arms affects a niche group of people as opposed to religion & speech.

Not only that but there are many amendments & laws that were obviously dated to the times. It doesn't apear likely in todays U.S. That anoyne would honestly need certain types of weapons the same way we did when the country was in civil unrest.

Also if im reading the quote correctly they are imposing stiffer regulations & banning certain types of guns, not all rights to carry weapons. If u ask me the less weapons on the street the better.

+10

I am all in favor of this. But then again I am not a big gun enthusiast. So for the the enthusiasts I equate this to not being able to see the forest because of the trees. One thing is for sure is people will always complain over something. So this essentially is just the "Soup O' the Day"

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I don't think the right to bear arms should be compared to freedom of speech & religion. The right to bear arms affects a niche group of people as opposed to religion & speech.

Not only that but there are many amendments & laws that were obviously dated to the times. It doesn't apear likely in todays U.S. That anoyne would honestly need certain types of weapons the same way we did when the country was in civil unrest.

Also if im reading the quote correctly they are imposing stiffer regulations & banning certain types of guns, not all rights to carry weapons. If u ask me the less weapons on the street the better.

Like stated before once they get their "little" ban across they will start going for more and more until we don't have a right to defend ourselves and our loved ones.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

this will not stop gangs and criminals from getting guns at all

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Banning guns has ZERO effect on gun crime. I will find the studies on this and post them up when I do.

Criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get guns. All gun control does is keep guns away from honest citizens.

The hobby of shooting and the right to bear arms should never be encroached upon.

You think banning semi-auto hand guns is gonna stop domestc violence shooting deaths? NOPE, nadda, zilch. Are we going to have to ban knives too since those kill people? You can kill someone with just about anything.

The truth of the matter is the only people this will effect will be honest citizens. NO ONE ELSE. This whole this is just political bullshit, advancing ones agenda.

But other then that, GO OBAMA!

Mike

[ January 22, 2009, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: 90gtvert ]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am 100% against bans. Banning something takes away someones right to choose.

Like others have said criminals will still get the banned weapons the ban only effects the law-abidding citizens who now is less able to defend themselves against the criminal with the banned weapon.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

it's a slippery slope. they start with 1 gun and move to the next.. people are to stuipd to realize whats going on.. then one day you wake up and you figure out your not free anymore.. and shit we don't need the freedom of religion.. it's only for a niche group.. hell i know i don't need it cause i don't belive in god.. so since i don't everyone else should lose there rights also.. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you guys are mad about the speculation of further bans possibly on the horizon? And not necessarily what is being proposed?
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
So you guys are mad about the speculation of further bans possibly on the horizon? And not necessarily what is being proposed?

Well Barak has a history of stating that he wants to ban ALL assault and semi-auto rifles.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
Banning guns has ZERO effect on gun crime. I will find the studies on this and post them up when I do.

Criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get guns. All gun control does is keep guns away from honest citizens.

The hobby of shooting and the right to bear arms should never be encroached upon.

You think banning semi-auto hand guns is gonna stop domestc violence shooting deaths? NOPE, nadda, zilch. Are we going to have to ban knives too since those kill people? You can kill someone with just about anything.

The truth of the matter is the only people this will effect will be honest citizens. NO ONE ELSE. This whole this is just political bullshit, advancing ones agenda.

Mike

+1 exactly banning want stop shit

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Well Barak has a history of stating that he wants to ban ALL assault and semi-auto rifles.

Mike

All guns period but according to so many Obama supporters he is too busy to ban any kind of guns. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Mike

So the answer is yes. You guys are mad about the likelihood.

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

I can dig being mad if it comes to past. But damn getting your best Mrs. Cleo rendition on, then getting mad about your predictions and personifying it is....well.... ridiculous

- [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[ January 22, 2009, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Mike

I can dig being mad if it comes to past. But damn getting your best Mrs. Cleo rendition on, then getting mad about your predictions and personifying it is....well.... ridiculous

It's better to plan ahead to fight it(especially when your one of those gun owners he wants to ban) then to sit on your ass until it passes and then try and fight it.

To quote Gi Joe - Knowing is half the battle

Mike

[ January 22, 2009, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: 90gtvert ]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Mike

yeah i am mad at the possiblity my rights as a human being will be taken away because of politics and one persons agenda. When things get banned your taking away a persons right to choose.
So i am guessing your ok with having your right to choose being taken away from you. When something you like to do get threatens to be banned or is banned you will do the same thing we gun owners will do.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Well no I understand you guys that are passionate about this. But I am just saying I wouldn't fly off half cocked and junk. Personally I have my guns, and if I want a assault rifle I will go through what ever channels are there to get one. I have no problem with processes. But quite few things have to happen before there is amendment is placed there. So it is not solely on Obama. Like I said if it wasn't this then people would complain about something else.

Personally I would not take this as a human right being stripped. And I don't suppose a snowball effect either. I just found it amazing that that folks got all up in arms about this. And just blew it out of proportion.

[ January 22, 2009, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Well no I understand you guys that are passionate about this. But I am just saying I wouldn't fly off half cocked and junk. Personally I have my guns, and if I want a assault rifle I will go through what ever channels are there to get one. I have no problem with processes. But quite few things have to happen before there is amendment is placed there. So it is not solely on Obama. Like I said if it wasn't this then people would complain about something else.

Personally I would not take this as a human right being stripped. And I don't suppose a snowball effect either. I just found it amazing that that folks got all up in arms about this. And just blew it out of proportion.

It is a human right to defend ones self, loved ones and property. Would you bring a knife to a gun fight? Cause criminals will have guns and all you'll have is a knife because your a law-abidding citizen. When it comes down to it once they start banning stuff there is nothing to stop them from continuing except the law-abidding citizen who stands up for their rights. Its my rights to buy an semi-auto rifle if i want to.
I'd rather have my right to bear arms ANY arms and not need them than to not have that right and need to bear arms and not have them.

[ January 22, 2009, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

It is a human right to defend ones self, loved ones and property. Would you bring a knife to a gun fight? Cause criminals will have guns and all you'll have is a knife because your a law-abidding citizen. When it comes down to it once they start banning stuff there is nothing to stop them from continuing except the law-abidding citizen who stands up for their rights. Its my rights to buy an semi-auto rifle if i want to.
I'd rather have my right to bear arms ANY arms and not need them than to not have that right and need to bear arms and not have them.

That is where I see it getting fanatical and rambley. I do not see a total ban on guns. Now to ban guns altogether I would share your frustration. But just a ban/process in place for a particular gun. I do not see the problem with that. At this point it is not banned.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

That is where I see it getting fanatical and rambley. I do not see a total ban on guns. Now to ban guns altogether I would share your frustration. But just a ban/process in place for a particular gun. I do not see the problem with that. At this point it is not banned.
Obama believes Americans don't need guns especially in the urban areas. So its just a matter of time before he starts banning more and more. Its not fanatical, look at Britain, they can't even own a gun to hunt anymore and their crimes rate went up once their gun law came into effect cause criminals now know they have nothing to fear from the people they rob.

[ January 22, 2009, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Obama believes Americans don't need guns especially in the urban areas. So its just a matter of time before he starts banning more and more. Its not fanatical, look at Britain, they can't even own a gun to hunt anymore and their crimes rate went up once their gun law came into effect cause criminals now know they have nothing to fear from the people they rob.
Still speculation at best. And are you comparing a democratic government to a monarchist one?
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it's retarded. Can't the energy, money and effort be put into something usefull like feeding dying kids or putting clothes on homeless peoples backs. Maybe fill a pot hole or two or three, hell repaire a whole road? Put some kids in school, afterschool programs, support a school,...use those resources in a way to improve the next generation of kids so that guns will stay being a recreational want and not a need.

Anyone ever think that rather than taking a gun away because of it's potential dangers, maybe we should have a better society of less dangerous people?

GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE
PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!!

Parents just need to step up their game, stop slackin off and actaully TEACH their kids from a young age until the day you die what the differences are between being a fuckoff and not being so much of a fuckoff.

ps. 2012,...BRING IT!!!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OH and want to hear (read) something funny. We don't currently own a gun as my wife is against it for the time being. But she even says we better get a gun if one day it's passed that we no longer have the right to bare arms.

It's common sence that crime will jump the very weekend that ever happens.

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Mike

your statement is 100 percent correct. regardless of others so called points and what not. you hit it on the head. [patriot]
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I am gonna borrow these from Don for a bit

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[patriot] pritty fucking stupid thing to be crying about to be honest guns are a hoby... back when they made the amendment it was used for pertection not just to have one cause i feel like shooting a gun... get over it
So when they start banning Mustangs cause they don't get good gas mileage and are poluters are you going to cry or just give up your mustang and walk away in shame?
Sure i dont own a mustang anymore so go ahead [Big Grin] I could honestly go either way on this and i think this is one of those topics that people are going to have to agree to dis agree. I can see it being a right to be able to buy guns but then again there are already gun laws for states wich dont allow you to posses certain guns so what makes this law any more different then what is already going on, now it would just be a standard for the country not just state to state...

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
N8, the reality is you are a die hard democrat Obama supporter, so the chances of someone on this board changing your mind in the right directions is never gunna happen.
I would like every republican on this board to take in to account that democrates are sheep they are not free and do not wish to be free they wish to be told what to do.
In this case, like N8, he believes that the Dems will let him know about their plan for Communism and would never take all of our freedoms away, one by one untill we have none.
The people that share my views are considered true Americans. And like I said before, this will be the first of many gun rights they try to take from us. And yes, this does have to do with the First Amendment. Once you lose the right to protect your home and family you have lost your freedom. And that cannot be argued. [dance]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Still speculation at best. And are you comparing a democratic government to a monarchist one?
no i am comparing what politicians will do once they get their way.

Another example would be the cell phone laws, first they make it so you have to have a hands free, now you can't text, now they are talking about no cell phones at all while driving. They know they can get their way so they are pushing their agendas.
Obama was elected to protect the American people's rights and protect the Constitution. He does neither making an AW Ban.
I believe the 2nd Amendment was created to keep the Government in check, if the people have no way to defend themselves we can be walked all over by the Government, just like the English King tried doing back before America was created.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I am gonna borrow these from Don for a bit

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[patriot] pritty fucking stupid thing to be crying about to be honest guns are a hoby... back when they made the amendment it was used for pertection not just to have one cause i feel like shooting a gun... get over it
So when they start banning Mustangs cause they don't get good gas mileage and are poluters are you going to cry or just give up your mustang and walk away in shame?
Sure i dont own a mustang anymore so go ahead [Big Grin] I could honestly go either way on this and i think this is one of those topics that people are going to have to agree to dis agree. I can see it being a right to be able to buy guns but then again there are already gun laws for states wich dont allow you to posses certain guns so what makes this law any more different then what is already going on, now it would just be a standard for the country not just state to state...
OK lets ban Lifted F150's because they get poor gas mileage which ruins our atmosphere and makes supposed "greenhouse gases"

Fuck it lets just have the government ban everything and make only things they accept that we should have so everyone looks the same, drives the same car, lives in the same house, has the same job, makes the same money. Sounds like a Communist state to me.

[ January 22, 2009, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com