Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What's the estimated 1/4 time for a stock 87-93 Mustang (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's the estimated 1/4 time for a stock 87-93 Mustang
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock fox everything your looking at mid 15s to low 16s and mph to be around the high 80s that is if it's bone stock with street tires

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Faster than an M3!!! [Big Grin]

[Big Grin] [burnout]

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LS1:
That sounds like a factory freak to me Luke,

my friend with an 89 Hatch & 3.73's with slipping clutch went 15.0 flat @ 95 mph.

my coupe with manual steering, short belt, 3.73's, spec stage 2 clutch, no back seat, no front swaybar, spare tires up front, on 10 holes with 26x10.5" et streets in the back went 13.01 @ 104mph with a 1.71 60'

it's hardly a 'freak' thing, there's lots of "stock motor" foxbodies that have gone a lot faster than both Luke an I.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hilltim54  Ford pictures for hilltim54    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
Stock fox everything your looking at mid 15s to low 16s and mph to be around the high 80s that is if it's bone stock with street tires

My quickest time was a 15.6.. thats a bone stock vert, Just flows a and lil advanced timing... And it was my first time ever going down the strip.. With a little practice ill be in the low 15s to high 14s...

--------------------
Just bcuz you lived a long life dont mean it cant come to a short end old ass nigga.

Thugnificent

hilltim54
¯
Member # 10655

quote:
Originally posted by hilltim54:
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:

My quickest time was a 15.6.. thats a bone stock vert, Just flows a and lil advanced timing... And it was my first time ever going down the strip.. With a little practice ill be in the low 15s to high 14s...
Oh and its an auto

--------------------

Thugnificent

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LS1:
That sounds like a factory freak to me Luke,

my friend with an 89 Hatch & 3.73's with slipping clutch went 15.0 flat @ 95 mph.

My 87GT would trap the same (same mods) and I am confident that it would have ran the same ETs too. Either one was certainly not any factory freak... Just takes slicks, a few carefully selected boltons, limiter launch, and powershifting. Most people aren't willing to do those things with their cars.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com