Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » wyotech (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: wyotech
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I can tell you this much.... This is not the time to try to be an auto mechanic. Most shops have had to lay people off because its so slow. I did the Ford ASSET program in the early 90's and it was good. You get an associates degree as well as Ford certs. I worked as a Ford tech from 1994 to 2000. Im REALLY glad I got out of it. You do not get paid enough and its not an easy job.

http://www.fordasset.com/tcep/New_ASSET_Home.asp

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by At1Maverick69:
quote:
Originally posted by 86BackInBlack:
quote:
Originally posted by At1Maverick69:
If this is true about Wyotech, it has gone a long ways since it was Sequoia Institute, I went there in '03, I knew some about cars, but not alot. They helped me out since there was alot of hands-on training, I guess it's different now. Tuition wise, I paid 17k for the whole term, including the smog program.

I don't think you anybody should blame a school for what the students come out to be, while I was there, there were some people that thought they were still in high school and cheated their way through the classes, didn't take anything seriously, I wish them all the best, but those are probably the guys that won't stay in the field for long, if they're still somehow in there.

The fact is, it probably doesn't matter if you go to a technical school or a community college, you only get out of it what effort you put into it.

No way? I went there around that time too. Paid the same for it all +smog class. I remember people cheating, skipping class, didnt take it seriously. Those are the fuckups giving it a bad name. I learned alot but experience does help too. Just dont over sell yourself in the interview and start slow. Also helped that i had a pos 66 mustang to practice on lol [Big Grin]
Dude! Don't I know you? Did you have long blonde hair, cuz I remember a guy from some of my classes that dorve a 65-66 stang.
No that wasnt me but i knew that guy too. His name was matt and i worked with him in the tool rental place. I drove a blue jeep, i kept my mustang at home

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com