Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anyone have their Mustangs tuned to e85? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anyone have their Mustangs tuned to e85?
TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's about time i see a post about this.

I was gunna start one about the whole E-85 fuel on Mustangs but since i have an Evo i thought i'd hold off.

Yes it's cheap (opening day it was $1.85/gall)
Yes it's like tuning w/ 110 oct
Yes it requires roughly 30% more fuel
Yes it also does require a larger fuel system

Not only does the fuel tune similar to 110 for simply making power but it's the cooling effect that helps out w/ cars like mine running BIG boost levels to fend of detonation so that timing values can be much more aggressive.

If anyone cares check this car out that we built:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/FULL-FUNCTION-EVO-9-21L_190764.htm?ref=8c36df90-af8e-43c5-8a2e-9b32013d57d2

I just got done upgrading my Evo to 2 Walbro 255hp fuel pumps and 1200cc inj's for the E-85. Should net roughly 500awhp (MD) pretty close to what the car does now on ERC 118 leaded fuel. I could go to 1600cc's but it requires the use of and inj. driver ($300) [Frown]

The car above runs 8 inj 680cc/1000cc and twin fuel pumps [Eek!]

The beauty of it is that if feasible you can run this stuff on the street and then switch to a race gas tune to go all out if you like.

My car's fuel set-up should go right to 600+ awhp on real race gas [Big Grin]

[ November 03, 2008, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: TRIXSNK ]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com