Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Almost ready :) *NEW PICS PAGE 2* (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Almost ready :) *NEW PICS PAGE 2*
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
outside

-

oh no. I shaved that off, i also shaved the ponys off the sides of the fenders. The only place something will be on the outside is on the trunk lip it'll say MUSTANG and on the front grill i might put something.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
We need to move the engine mounts up and forward for a perfect fit, the oil pan hits the steering at the moment. It also looks like i might have to cut up my firewall to make the bellhousing to fit but we won't know until we get the housing. I need to modify the headers i got slightly as well.

[ February 10, 2008, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking good! I'm going to check into the Martz setup for my fastback. I just ordered a catalog. Thanks for the pics and update.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
looks good [patriot]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
some pretty quick progress on the fastback Dana! Just keep staying patient, doing everything right the first time and I'm sure it will be worth it and the long run [patriot]
Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Thanks guys

I also forgot i need to get an aftermarket hood with a 6 inch cowl. My Shelby GT500 Hood i made isn't going to clear anything. [Frown] If you see in the picture the top of the intake is even with where the bottom of the hood would be [Eek!]

This weeks plans are to finish some sanding, primer it, then wet sand and then sometime before May paint it Laser Red.

[ February 10, 2008, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Beastmode.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Very nice and thanks for sharing!

Is it going to get a rocker panel below the door? I always thought the 67-68's looked better with that panel...

So the FB's body work is done! 99% of it atleast. Going to primer it before the end of the week and hopefully the primer will fill in some of the low points, then it'll be 100%. I'll post pics of it when its dry and before i start wetsanding with finer sand paper.

Oh i am quoting you Luke because the area where those rocker panels go are the biggest pain in the ass to sand i've found out. Laying on my side sanding is hard, especially a round shape like that

[ February 12, 2008, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: 532Fastback ]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:

Is it going to get a rocker panel below the door? I always thought the 67-68's looked better with that panel...

So the FB's body work is done! 99% of it atleast. Going to primer it before the end of the week and hopefully the primer will fill in some of the low points, then it'll be 100%. I'll post pics of it when its dry and before i start wetsanding with finer sand paper.

Oh i am quoting you Luke because the area where those rocker panels go are the biggest pain in the ass to sand i've found out. Laying on my side sanding is hard, especially a round shape like that

exactly right, that is why many people get those rocker panels because it hides the imperfections, hides door misalignments, and looks decent.

IF you can get the thing looking great, I would avoid the panel...

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
quote:

exactly right, that is why many people get those rocker panels because it hides the imperfections, hides door misalignments, and looks decent.

IF you can get the thing looking great, I would avoid the panel...

Its perfect under the doors. I worked on it half the day today after finishing the firewall. The firewall is going to look sik.
Also my doors fit perfect as well. This car isn't going to have any imperfections when its done.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com