Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Another new kimbo fight!!!! (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Another new kimbo fight!!!!
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FordManDan:
Every fighter has a chance, but Kimbo's chances against someone like Chuck Liddell wouldn't be very good.

Kimbo had a hell of a time with Sean Gannon, who is tuff, but not even UFC material. After taking it to Kimbo, Gannon was given ONE fight in the UFC where they matched him against a UFC new comer Brandon Hinkle. Hinkle rearranged Sean Gannon's face in 4 minutes. (see below picture)

-

Yes it was brutal. Also note, Hinkle went on to loose his next two UFC fights, and is now out of the organization altogether.

I'm telling you, Liddell would destroy Kimbo, and it would probably end like this...

-

-

-

In a bare knuckle standup type fight I do not see Chuck winning. Even if he did I am sure Kimbo would just call Quentin "Rampage" Jackson to come down their and put hands on Chuck.........AGAIN! [Big Grin] For a prevew of what would happen just click this link

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68cu_chuck-liddell-vs-quinton-jackson

[ December 22, 2006, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: 91 5.0 5speed ]

FordManDan
¯
Member # 432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordManDan  Ford pictures for FordManDan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
91 5.0 5 speed,

Hey I'm Ok with you not liking Liddell. Quinton Jackson is a great fighter, but just because he has a 2003 win over Liddell, doesn't mean he can repeat it. Chuck has three career losses. The only loss he has not avenged is Jackson, but only because he hasn't had the opportunity. Since Quinton Jackson is now under contract with the UFC, I'm sure we'll soon get to see who's evolved more as a fighter over the years. Also Quinton Jackson's performances have been "so so" lately, whereas chuck is still knocking people out. I'm sure it will still be a great fight though, anything can happen.

As far as your bare knuckle argument goes...the 4oz glove protects the hand, not so much the recipient's face.

--------------------
1971 Maverick Grabber
2001 SVT Lightning
1969 Plymouth Roadrunner 440-6

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
91 5.0 5 speed,

Hey I'm Ok with you not liking Liddell. Quinton Jackson is a great fighter, but just because he has a 2003 win over Liddell, doesn't mean he can repeat it. Chuck has three career losses. The only loss he has not avenged is Jackson, but only because he hasn't had the opportunity. Since Quinton Jackson is now under contract with the UFC, I'm sure we'll soon get to see who's evolved more as a fighter over the years. Also Quinton Jackson's performances have been "so so" lately, whereas chuck is still knocking people out. I'm sure it will still be a great fight though, anything can happen.

As far as your bare knuckle argument goes...the 4oz glove protects the hand, not so much the recipient's face.

Everyone in their mama knows pride has better fighters than ufc! Ufc is just protecting their cash cows by having them fight has beens or bums so they can build up a superfight. A perfect example is Tito ortiz vs Shamrock [Roll Eyes] Shamrock has been wahsed up for 7 years! and yet they built that B.S. fight up as a superfight and even had the nerve to do a rematch so they can build up Ortiz. Now that he has a couple of victories over that old man they want another superfight with Liddel. I will bet you 500.00 dollars that Liddell wins again. (I think it is written into his contract lol) Quinton whooped Chucks ass with ease when they fought and I bet he can do it again. I doubt we will see it anytime soon though I.E. Sylva [Roll Eyes] If Chuck was so confident he could beat Jackson he would have went for a rematch.

If Chuck was getting buzzed like that by Jackson what do you think a punch to the face by a much bigger stronger guy would do to him [Eek!]

FordManDan
¯
Member # 432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FordManDan  Ford pictures for FordManDan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sylva? If you mean Anderson Silva, he'd have to gain a few pounds, he's a middle weight. If you mean, Wanderlei Silva, he's in Pride. Sorry, I just can't follow your logic. You WILL see a Liddell rematch against QJ in 2007.

-dan

--------------------
1971 Maverick Grabber
2001 SVT Lightning

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Sylva? If you mean Anderson Silva, he'd have to gain a few pounds, he's a middle weight. If you mean, Wanderlei Silva, he's in Pride. Sorry, I just can't follow your logic. You WILL see a Liddell rematch against QJ in 2007.

-dan

http://www.extremeprosports.com/full_contact_fighting/chuck_liddell_vs_wanderlei_silva.html

If you read this it explains how wanderlei was 'suppose' tot fight Chuck but for whatever reason it never took place. More than like;y because Dana White realized he could make more with Liddell as champion than Wanderlei because Liddel is more of a household name.

FordManDan
¯
Member # 432

Did you read the article? This is ancient news. The article was written in anticipation for UFC65 which already took place over a month ago. The fight fell through because Pride will not let one of their better fighters compete in the UFC. I'm sure when Wanderlei's contract is up again, Dana White will be offering him some coin to comeback to the UFC.

--------------------
1971 Maverick Grabber
2001 SVT Lightning

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fist to Fist, forget grabbing, kissing, licking, biting, kneeing.. Just str8 street fist to fist.. Kimbo will knock CHUCK LIDDEL OUT.. I'll actually put money on it.. Fuck someone set up a fite with a UFC guy.... I'd love to see this one go down

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
Fist to Fist, forget grabbing, kissing, licking, biting, kneeing.. Just str8 street fist to fist.. Kimbo will knock CHUCK LIDDEL OUT.. I'll actually put money on it.. Fuck someone set up a fite with a UFC guy.... I'd love to see this one go down

Perhaps you've missed the numerous posts that already pointed out that Kimbo fought Sean Gannon and Kimbo didn't dominate him in a fists only matchup.

Some people may remember when the UFC first started out. There were no weight classifications. There were matches. Plain and simple matches regardless of size. Case in point when Keith Hackney fought the close to 600lbs African American sumo wrestler and beat the living shit out of him.

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the 2 different opinions are coming from people who fight themselfes and people who see it on TV or caught a few fights they could watch at school and the street. Even UFC fighters get knocked out, people that understand that have probably been in a few fights of their own. And realize any punch any time from a heavy guy and your KTFO. KIMBO IS A BUSINESS MAN! Plain and simple! These fights you see arent free and they make a good penny out of it. However Im probably the only guy here and maybe cummins that could woop him!

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:

Perhaps you've missed the numerous posts that already pointed out that Kimbo fought Sean Gannon and Kimbo didn't dominate him in a fists only matchup.

Some people may remember when the UFC first started out. There were no weight classifications. There were matches. Plain and simple matches regardless of size. Case in point when Keith Hackney fought the close to 600lbs African American sumo wrestler and beat the living shit out of him.

Sumo? 600 pounds of sumo? Lets get a 250lbs 8yr old and throw him in with ummm Hughs it should be a good fight! You are a retard! I thought I chased you off with that racist BS I busted you out on 2 weeks ago. Get your TV watchin sissy as out of here. Oh I was at UF for the weigh ins, were you?

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If kimbo is such a good boxer why doesn't he box in the ring against real fighters? Is it cause they couldn't pump him up on meth and who knows what else?

Kimbo is a good stand up streetfighter,nothing more nothing less. He would get his ass handed to him by any professional fighter. Be it kick boxing, real boxing,or ufc. If he was really that good don't you think he would be on TV fighting other good fighters?

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by Motorhead6T5:
If kimbo is such a good boxer why doesn't he box in the ring against real fighters? Is it cause they couldn't pump him up on meth and who knows what else?

Kimbo is a good stand up streetfighter,nothing more nothing less. He would get his ass handed to him by any professional fighter. Be it kick boxing, real boxing,or ufc. If he was really that good don't you think he would be on TV fighting other good fighters?

I read he gets 10k per fight, If you stop and think about it that is pretty good tax free money. Everyone has their niche and I guess his is standup street boxing.
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Did you read the article? This is ancient news. The article was written in anticipation for UFC65 which already took place over a month ago. The fight fell through because Pride will not let one of their better fighters compete in the UFC. I'm sure when Wanderlei's contract is up again, Dana White will be offering him some coin to comeback to the UFC.

And if they fight I am sure Chuck will get KTFO! Just like when he fought Quinton Jackson LOL! [Whoo Whooooo!]
WRS92GT
¯
Member # 5008

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WRS92GT  Ford pictures for WRS92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by modular:
quote:
Originally posted by WRS92GT:
quote:

Sumo? 600 pounds of sumo? Lets get a 250lbs 8yr old and throw him in with ummm Hughs it should be a good fight! You are a retard! I thought I chased you off with that racist BS I busted you out on 2 weeks ago. Get your TV watchin sissy as out of here. Oh I was at UF for the weigh ins, were you?
Just PM me a time and location and perhaps we can work out any technical difficulties you may have.

--------------------
01 F250 PSD Crew 4X4

Posts: 455 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91 5.0 5speed:
quote:

I read he gets 10k per fight, If you stop and think about it that is pretty good tax free money. Everyone has their niche and I guess his is standup street boxing.
If he's makin that kind of money more power to him. I have hard time believing that though,I could see maybe with the Gannon thing,but not the typical no name back yard shit.

--------------------
65 Fastback
72 Malibu

FordManDan
¯
Member # 432

quote:

Yeah, we saw what happened when Kimbo fought someone with a little experience. [Roll Eyes]

Besides Gannon, who has Kimbo fought that has a reputation for being a good fighter? Some of you think that because the guy is strong and can hit people, he can beat-down a professional fighter with world class stand up skills, crazy knock-out-power, and a tested chin. I'm not seeing the logic here.

Also...

Who do you think "produces" Kimbo's videos? Ding Ding, thats right, Kimbo's people. So, if he got his butt kicked, would you ever see it? When Sean Gannon beat Kimbo you saw it, because Gannon's crew taped it. That tape got Gannon a fight in the UFC where he was owned in four minutes.

We will never see Chuck vs Kimbo, but maybe the UFC will invite Kimbo to fight, just like they did with Gannon. Even so, I highly doubt Kimbo would agree, especially if he is getting paid well on the street as some suggested.

--------------------
1971 Maverick Grabber
2001 SVT Lightning

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Chuck Liddell = overrated and protected by UFC LOL [Big Grin]
uncle bill
¯
Member # 3953

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uncle bill  Ford pictures for uncle bill  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

get real, do you really belive kimbo is getting ten thousand dollars for that backyard bullshit? whos putting up the money? for 10k there are alot of REAL bad people who will hurt kimbo in a straight up bare knuckle fight. dont kid yourself because youve seen kimbo slam a few punks who were promised a nickle bag of dope to fight on film. ask yourself why would chuck or anyone else lower themselves to fight kimbo in a backyard brawl

[ December 25, 2006, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: uncle bill ]

Hyperider
¯
Member # 5936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hyperider  Ford pictures for Hyperider    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome fight! My opinion though Chuck will beat the shit out of him. It's just different fighting a mixed martial arts person versus a plain boxer. This dude that he fought can't fight shit! But he's pretty good at cracking his knuckles though! [Big Grin] He needs to work his way up there so he'll make the real $$$$$$$!

--------------------
04 Cobra

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
Originally posted by uncle bill:
quote:
quote:

get real, do you really belive kimbo is getting ten thousand dollars for that backyard bullshit? whos putting up the money? for 10k there are alot of REAL bad people who will hurt kimbo in a straight up bare knuckle fight. dont kid yourself because youve seen kimbo slam a few punks who were promised a nickle bag of dope to fight on film. ask yourself why would chuck or anyone else lower themselves to fight kimbo in a backyard brawl
I don't know for sure how much he makes, That is just what I read. For all I know he could be paid with bucketes of Popeyes chicken! We all know that Chuck and Kimbo will never fight each other. We are just "bench fighting' as to what the outcome might be if they did. I already know kimbo is no world class fighter but he seems to be ok at what he does even though he is fighting chumps.
MICKEY79
¯
Member # 7124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MICKEY79  Ford pictures for MICKEY79  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kimbo is one of the best street fighters Ive ever seen! Everything that 91 5.0 5speed has said I completely agree with.

--------------------
eewh weee

FordManDan
¯
Member # 432

quote:
Originally posted by MICKEY79:
Kimbo is one of the best street fighters Ive ever seen! Everything that 91 5.0 5speed has said I completely agree with.

What are the chances of 91 5.0 5 speed and MICKEY79 having the same IP Address? [Big Grin]

--------------------
1971 Maverick Grabber
2001 SVT Lightning

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

quote:
quote:

What are the chances of 91 5.0 5 speed and MICKEY79 having the same IP Address? [Big Grin]
The chances are slim and none, and slim just left town
FordManDan
¯
Member # 432

Just a Joke. Merry Christmas!

[Razz]

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

The chances are slim and none, and slim just left town
by chance are you black? and angry

Page: 1  2  3  4   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com